Wilson FG Tour F5 Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I saw this info in the latest golf digest, I wonder if the #StaffProto boys will have something to say???

Not until the official embargo is up they won't.

#NDA

#NDA

If this is in GolfDigest wouldn't it be safe to say these are not under embargo...therefore these ARE NOT the #staffproto irons...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is in GolfDigest wouldn't it be safe to say these are not under embargo...therefore these ARE NOT the #staffproto irons...?

I would agree. That would be real bad for business on GD's end to break something like that.

I would agree. That would be real bad for business on GD's end to break something like that.
Wouldn't at all be the first time, FWIW.

The fact that this thread hasn't gone poof tells me that these probably aren't still under embargo.

That being said I plan on refraining from commenting until the formal preview thread gets posted.

They look great. My local magazine has an ad for the new C200 W/S irons.

This one ain't too hard. Your host asked you to keep your experience quiet so you just do it. A picture in a magazine is not a review of the product.

THP will have a preview thread up on these later today.
Digest did in fact jump the gun by a couple of days.

This is several times they've done that now. Anything to keep ink relevant?

your local magazine? what publication?

He is overseas in New Zealand.
Different embargos, release dates and even products.

The wilson rep at my local store showed me the new c200. they look great and the tech in them will be interesting to see how it performs. waiting on reviews to switch my m3's

#NDA
So weird that an NDA is signed and then a few days later the pics and small description hit the press, doesn't GD have to follow the same embargo dates?

Gotcha, thanks Josh!

So weird that an NDA is signed and then a few days later the pics and small description hit the press, doesn't GD have to follow the same embargo dates?
Why the secrecy and NDAs if even THP is going to have a preview thread in a couple of days? I think the proto irons must be something different (C200's???). We will know for sure in about 3 months.

I was wondering the same - could be the difference between a newsstand date and the date the magazine gets in the hands of subscribers via mail? I remember the z545s were featured in there before we were able to talk about them.

was going to say, this isn't exactly new of them.

Why the secrecy and NDAs if even THP is going to have a preview thread in a couple of days? I think the proto irons must be something different (C200's???). We will know for sure in about 3 months.
You're reading my mind. I'm fairly sure these aren't the Staff Proto set.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why the secrecy and NDAs if even THP is going to have a preview thread in a couple of days?
Because Wilson Staff wants to control the timing and release of information on their own products? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people who they're giving unfettered access to their products before launch, to honor their wishes. Just because we get closer to a release date doesn't mean the NDA ceases to be a reasonable request.

Because Wilson Staff wants to control the timing and release of information on their own products? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people who they're giving unfettered access to their products before launch, to honor their wishes. Just because we get closer to a release date doesn't mean the NDA ceases to be a reasonable request.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I understand NDAs and OEMs desire to control info. It's the 3 months vs 3 days thing that I'm talking about.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I understand NDAs and OEMs desire to control info. It's the 3 months vs 3 days thing that I'm talking about.
Perhaps the f5s in a few days, but maybe the c200s won't be unveiled for a few months yet

they also may have seen some future products or heard of ideas.

The new C200 irons look VERY interesting. Definitely going to stand out against all other irons in the marketplace, that's for sure.

I don't know if it is so much they are jumping the gun and breaking an NDA as they have to have things finalized for printing and Wilson Staff wants to have their irons featured in the magazine.

He is overseas in New Zealand.
Different embargos, release dates and even products.

We are 99% of the time behind the USA on release and reveal dates, so i was surprised to see the ad considering i haven't seen or heard any thing about them on here, THP being the place i get all my info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back