Wilson Staff Cortex Driver

it could be because I was sick and had little strength, but I was able to play a predictable cut shot with this driver on the back 9 of my last round. Aim a touch left, turn through, and let it go and the ball would start left and curve maybe 5-7 yards. On 3 tough driving holes for me on the back, I absolutely split the fairway which led to a birdie on a hole I rarely ever birdie. Not sure I will play again until Thursday, but I'm excited to see if I can do that same kind of move.

I had great rounds with the Cortex on Friday and Saturday paired with a UST Mamiya Proforce XX.
Zero complaints, long & straight both days. It’s crazy that Driver/Cortex has become my most trusted club in the bag.
I did however hit an F9 at my demo day and preferred the dull crack of the F9 over the louder higher pitch of the Cortex. I unfortunately wasn’t able to compare performance numbers but will hopefully get that opportunity very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've managed to get out for quick 9's with my wife during the last 2 weekends. Unfortunately, both rounds were on a par 27 course so my Cortex didn't even leave the house. :sad:

I've managed to get out for quick 9's with my wife during the last 2 weekends. Unfortunately, both rounds were on a par 27 course so my Cortex didn't even leave the house. :sad:

Par 27? You know chicks dig the long ball!

Cortex is still firm in the bag. And I love the exo bag.
Lots of birdies tomorrow
752762ad4c237d5a713950366b1916f0.jpg

Do you have an Exo coming? That’s a Nexus bag right. Saw an Exo at a PGASS this week. Nice bag.

Do you have an Exo coming? That’s a Nexus bag right. Saw an Exo at a PGASS this week. Nice bag.

It’s an exo carry bag. It’s good sized and light and works well as a cart bag of a carry bag.

Just saying the cortex enjoyed buffalo ridge today
d0bf1e23ae71b9758eaaf30726247110.jpg

Back to pound town the last two rounds with mine. “Found” a feeling to help me come in more neutral and up. Felt good too see it launch the ball and see the distance I was having.

Cortex is still firm in the bag. And I love the exo bag.
Lots of birdies tomorrow
752762ad4c237d5a713950366b1916f0.jpg

Spousey, I know this isn't a thred about the EXO bag but do you have a picture from the other side. I have never seen one loaded with clubs,

Spousey, I know this isn't a thred about the EXO bag but do you have a picture from the other side. I have never seen one loaded with clubs,

I will get a picture for you tomorrow

On topic:
Earlier I posted that I didn't miss a fairway with my Cortex during my April league tournament. However, I did forget to mention that I posted the low score (by 2 strokes) for my flight during that tournament.

Off topic:
We played the par 27 course that my wife likes on Saturday and our planned round on Monday fell through so I didn't get to play my Cortex again this weekend. Though I was repping W/S with my C300 forged and the 2 Fybrids in my bag.

Way off topic:
My wife hates the cold (anything under 80°) and has been in the backyard in the evening when its been in the upper 50's and breezy working on her swing. When her lessons finally "click", if my short game isn't on point, I'm so going to get my @zz kicked. Good news is that she's beginning to talk about traveling to play golf. :D

Played an executive 9 with my wife on Sunday and was able to use driver three times (3,5,8).

#3. I swung out of my shoes...... and topped it 100 yards. :embarrassed:

#5. A bit thin and my swing was a bit over the top but I stayed in the fairway.

#8. Center contact, 260 yard total. Being a #ShortKnocker 240-260 total yards is a result that I am extremely happy with and what I have come to expect from my Cortex if I do my job.

Cortex settings:
10.5°, weight 3/4 to the rear.

The Cortex has been discounted to $399 on the W/S website!

Just traded in my M4 within 90 days at Edwin Watts (Worldwide Golf) store for the Cortex. In addition to $291 of store credit from my other clubs they took (MP5's, Mizzy wedges, RBZ driver). Pretty excited!

Just traded in my M4 within 90 days at Edwin Watts (Worldwide Golf) store for the Cortex. In addition to $291 of store credit from my other clubs they took (MP5's, Mizzy wedges, RBZ driver). Pretty excited!

What shaft did you get?

Atmos blue

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That’s a great shaft. Let us know how it works for you

I think that you will be happy with the Cortex. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

June league tournament: I again hit all of the fairways with the Cortex! :D

Though, I came in 2nd in my flight (3 strokes down) to the guy I beat last month by 2 strokes. 4 putting a par 3 didn't help.

I've always played the Cortex with the weight 3/4 to the rear. Just because, I moved the weight to 1/4 from the front. With the temps consistently in the 90's-100's the fairways are firming up and as long as my carry distance doesn't drop badly the extra roll will be nice. Either way I will post the results of my experiment.

that seemed pretty quick!

I'm still smashing the heck outta mine. Finding fairways won't get old but the Cortex sound is starting to wear on me. I'm leaning towards something with a more deadening sound, not as loud sounding.

The club launched in November. That seems right to me for a first markdown. I think it should have started there to begin with. I think the price was a obstacle to trying it. If they continue the show I think the conclusion should be tied to the launch date for the competitve set. Around the PGA Show.

So instead of braving the heat in Cleveland today, I decided to stay inside and test a few drivers. I have to admit that I have been cheating on my Cortex with a new F9 that I picked up recently. As azrsx mentioned a couple posts ago, the dull thud sound was what sold me after hitting the F9 for the first time vs. the loud tinny / hollow aluminum bat sound of the Cortex.
I noticed after a few rounds with the F9, that I was missing what I loved most about the Cortex, the forgiveness. On perfectly struck shots, the F9 seemed to have more distance, but I was definitely missing more fairways.
I decided to stack the 2 against each other this morning, and threw a few Bridgestone’s into the mix as well:

35840603f796c2ac9c4707d17699409e.jpg

I hit probably 15 - 20 shots with each (alternating drivers every 5) and whittled it down to using the best 10 from each driver.
This test reaffirmed for me that the Cortex is going back into the bag. Even though my longest shot was with the F9 at 279 vs. the Cortex at 272, the consistency of the Cortex wins out in the end (for me). I actually started to lol after hitting 5, 270 yard shots in a row with the Cortex and all would have been in the fairway. At the current price of $399 the Cortex is a great option that I still don’t think gets the respect that it deserves.

Great feedback

that seemed pretty quick!

I'm still smashing the heck outta mine. Finding fairways won't get old but the Cortex sound is starting to wear on me. I'm leaning towards something with a more deadening sound, not as loud sounding.

I’m the same way. Especially since moving to a firmer ball (prov1x). I’m missing my old f8+ thwack haha.

Butttt I’m really hitting the cortex well. Mid launch lowish spinning bombs (for me haha) that run once it lands.

Back