Wilson Staff D7 Irons

YouTube has been notified and a claim has been filed.

Cool. I was just browsing YouTube and saw their thumbnail which I instantly recognized.

yeah I mean hell if I knew it was that easy, wait till you "watch" my review of the srixon balls. *scours internet for review already written and downloads even better computer voice*

To be fair, I think I saw the person who ripped your review at the show. Or, it was the person who ripped the person who ripped you?

To be fair, I think I saw the person who ripped your review at the show. Or, it was the person who ripped the person who ripped you?

as long as they did it with a smile.

Bright side, at least it has over 200 views?

I've been watching the bots copy Phone Review videos for years. Didn't know Golf was big enough to even get noticed by them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

as long as they did it with a smile.

Bright side, at least it has over 200 views?
194 of them were people in this thread.

OK boys and girls. Check out this video. For those that read the review, let me know if there is anything familiar about it haha

well they do technically provide a link that redirects to the THP source material

although I see these "news bots" often and I'm not quite sure what their purpose is other than interfering in elections (allegedly) and possibly a pittance of ad revenue (allegedly)

well they do technically provide a link that redirects to the THP source material

although I see these "news bots" often and I'm not quite sure what their purpose is other than interfering in elections (allegedly) and possibly a pittance of ad revenue (allegedly)
It's all ad revenue... They harvest content, run it through a speech synth and place it 10 times with different keywords and titles to build watch minutes. Plus, they can generate 100s of videos a week like this rather than editing original content.

I'm sure JB and the guys will tell you that it takes 10 minutes to shoot the content and 10 hours to edit it all down to what we see. I know how that goes and for some, they just want to copy it and profit ASAP.

Wilson Golf is having a Demo Day at the Chandler, AZ PGATSS in a couple of weeks (I'll be out of town for the Tucson event). Although I keep saying that I'm not interested in changing irons this year, I really, really like the look of the D7 irons, so I'm going to to do Wilson's 7-iron comparison between D7 & my current Ping G400 (lower back permitting).

YouTube has been notified and a claim has been filed.

b6493fc88ccdb92c77ed6b423aadc598.jpg

Success!

7 rounds now with the D7 irons now. I've zoned in on the at address ball placement and position. Hitting 10-12 greens on a regular basis. Love these irons, and the new C7 9* driver.

7 rounds now with the D7 irons now. I've zoned in on the at address ball placement and position. Hitting 10-12 greens on a regular basis. Love these irons, and the new C7 9* driver.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the driver out based on how much I liked these. Really good irons and an even better value.

I'm actually looking forward to trying the driver out based on how much I liked these. Really good irons and an even better value.

You will be pleasantly surprised with the D7 driver. Great look at address with the carbon weave and simple arrow alignment, feel during the swing, impact feel and the results. Good luck in your quest.

You will be pleasantly surprised with the D7 driver. Great look at address with the carbon weave and simple arrow alignment, feel during the swing, impact feel and the results. Good luck in your quest.

I've held it, but not hit it. Looks are superb.

Wanted to circle back briefly to these with a quick update. When I originally reviewed them, I had some back issues and wasn't able to really swing as well as I wanted to. Brought some of these down to Charleston a couple of weeks ago for some on course, nicer weather swings, and holy cow, they are stupid long and so damn easy to launch. When I say long, I'm talking about hitting a 7 iron(on course) on shots comfortably ranging from 170-190. Even took one deeper than that, that had a crazy good and high ball flight. There is just a lot to like about these, esp at the price they are offered at. One thing that still irks me, and it's funny I menetioned something about this in the pet peeve thread, the grip on these just feels paper thin, esp for the bottom hand.

I know @sposey013168 took plenty of on course and range swings with the D7 and came away impressed. That probably won't surprise anyone though as he is Mr. Wilson.

Wanted to circle back briefly to these with a quick update. When I originally reviewed them, I had some back issues and wasn't able to really swing as well as I wanted to. Brought some of these down to Charleston a couple of weeks ago for some on course, nicer weather swings, and holy cow, they are stupid long and so damn easy to launch. When I say long, I'm talking about hitting a 7 iron(on course) on shots comfortably ranging from 170-190. Even took one deeper than that, that had a crazy good and high ball flight. There is just a lot to like about these, esp at the price they are offered at. One thing that still irks me, and it's funny I menetioned something about this in the pet peeve thread, the grip on these just feels paper thin, esp for the bottom hand.

I know @sposey013168 took plenty of on course and range swings with the D7 and came away impressed. That probably won't surprise anyone though as he is Mr. Wilson.

I thought the same thing about the stock grips on the C300F when I got them. Felt like it needed a couple extra wraps to get where other standard size grips felt. Needless to say they didn't stay on for very long.

I thought the same thing about the stock grips on the C300F when I got them. Felt like it needed a couple extra wraps to get where other standard size grips felt. Needless to say they didn't stay on for very long.

it was actually the reason I didn't bring the entire set with me, which sounds funny.

it was actually the reason I didn't bring the entire set with me, which sounds funny.

It does, since the thinner grips would make it easier to have two sets of irons in your bag

It does, since the thinner grips would make it easier to have two sets of irons in your bag

like I only I had 14 clubs with me anyway:alien:

I am mr Wilson and that 7 irons was just stupid long. And these don’t look as bulky as some would think. I really need a set of these since I am fiddy plus one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my test D7 irons from the Wilson website today, so I figured I would share my initial thoughts.
For $9.99 Wilson sends you a PW, 7, and 5 iron to try out for 14 days and then return. A few other companies and brands have this type of program, but this is my first time signing up. They even threw in a dozen Duo Soft balls for free (but charged $7 for shipping). $17 total, not bad.
The D7’s are definitely chunky in the sole, but looking down at address they look better than I expected. Overall they look like a very good quality SGI iron in my opinion.
8864173284bb5553d4a90c8e42eb8ec1.jpg

Like the review in this thread, my first thought after hitting the 7 iron was “holy S, these things are long”! I was also surprised at how soft they felt. They don’t have much feedback, especially compared to my V6 gamers, so it’s tough to tell a toe from a heel strike, but no matter where you strike the face, distance isn’t an issue. The set I ordered have the UST Mamiya Recoil 460 stiff graphite shafts, which are much different than my gamer Nippon Modus3 105 steel. Initial thoughts on the UST’s are that they feel good and I could get used to them.

Did I mention that these are long? Here are some numbers from my first session:

7 Iron
76b3b3e0faf2d73ec4093f01d6e750cb.jpg

5 Iron
aac0d99a26f1190ecca56bccad45c7b9.jpg

I’m concerned that the PW distances are only a little (5-10yds) longer than my V6 gamers. This would mean that with a full set there would have to be a major gap somewhere:
49a02b4dcd9e7df8b32171495dd621e8.jpg

Overall, I’m not sure if I could get used to the distances, but it would be fun to tell my buddies that I’m hitting a 7 on our local 200yd par 3. I would also be curious how the gapping would measure between the full set.
265f253d090035fda10bfd82f463f6d7.jpg

Obviously these are a night and day difference compared to my gamer Wilson Tour V6’s, but they aren’t meant to compete. I look forward to getting the D7’s on the course to see if the have any chance of holding a green and how the perform in different situations. I could definitely see myself throwing a D7 5 iron in the bag as a driving iron.

Great info. 7 iron at 200 yards and PW at 130 might give me some concern too.

I forgot I got to hit @ddec 7i in SC.

High. High balls. Ball go HIGH.

I also may have been hitting it 5i length.

I received my test D7 irons from the Wilson website today, so I figured I would share my initial thoughts.
For $9.99 Wilson sends you a PW, 7, and 5 iron to try out for 14 days and then return. A few other companies and brands have this type of program, but this is my first time signing up. They even threw in a dozen Duo Soft balls for free (but charged $7 for shipping). $17 total, not bad.
The D7’s are definitely chunky in the sole, but looking down at address they look better than I expected. Overall they look like a very good quality SGI iron in my opinion.
8864173284bb5553d4a90c8e42eb8ec1.jpg

Like the review in this thread, my first thought after hitting the 7 iron was “holy S, these things are long”! I was also surprised at how soft they felt. They don’t have much feedback, especially compared to my V6 gamers, so it’s tough to tell a toe from a heel strike, but no matter where you strike the face, distance isn’t an issue. The set I ordered have the UST Mamiya Recoil 460 stiff graphite shafts, which are much different than my gamer Nippon Modus3 105 steel. Initial thoughts on the UST’s are that they feel good and I could get used to them.

Did I mention that these are long? Here are some numbers from my first session:

7 Iron
76b3b3e0faf2d73ec4093f01d6e750cb.jpg

5 Iron
aac0d99a26f1190ecca56bccad45c7b9.jpg

I’m concerned that the PW distances are only a little (5-10yds) longer than my V6 gamers. This would mean that with a full set there would have to be a major gap somewhere:
49a02b4dcd9e7df8b32171495dd621e8.jpg

Overall, I’m not sure if I could get used to the distances, but it would be fun to tell my buddies that I’m hitting a 7 on our local 200yd par 3. I would also be curious how the gapping would measure between the full set.
265f253d090035fda10bfd82f463f6d7.jpg

Obviously these are a night and day difference compared to my gamer Wilson Tour V6’s, but they aren’t meant to compete. I look forward to getting the D7’s on the course to see if the have any chance of holding a green and how the perform in different situations. I could definitely see myself throwing a D7 5 iron in the bag as a driving iron.

that is some serious distance right there. But your thoughts pretty much echo mine, which I like to see.

D7 irons

D7 irons

I am mr Wilson and that 7 irons was just stupid long. And these don’t look as bulky as some would think. I really need a set of these since I am fiddy plus one

Just got back from the range testing a D7 5 iron. LONG and HIGH! Love the ball flight. Feel and sound is good as well. I tried to like the TM M4 irons last year but the D7's flat out perform the M4's. M4's just felt very clicky.
Will purchase a set of the D7's with the Recoils. I just put the M4's up for sale on FleaBay.

Today I was able to compare the D7 to the Cobra F9, Cleveland CBX, and my current 7iron.

Wow, these 3 are long! Also the D7 and CBX went just as high and landed with the same roll out as my current irons. Crazy as the lofts are so much stronger? The F9 did not mesh with me and prefer my current clubs by a huge margin.

For my swing the Cleveland CBX won out, but the D7 are some good clubs.

But back to the distance on these things, even on horrible miss hits, these things just fly. Should my 7 iron go that far?

Back