Wilson Staff D7 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The club sounds like Wilson has another winner.. The writing was excellent. I’m married to a writer and I often take for granted how skilled and interesting a good writer makes any subject. Very well done. Back to the clubs. I like the look. Glad they are changing up colors and that top line for a Super GI looks thin indeed. I’m hopeful I don’t need this much GI but I’ll sure give it a look.

Nice write up. Wilson did a good job with the aesthetics. Badging looms better imho than previous D lines.

Plus, it’s good seeing them add to the line while keeping a low price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst kept secret but it seems like a nice D series update. I see plenty of C300 inspiration, which I think is wise. Excited to see what people think.

These have been heavily teased by W/S lately. First thing that strikes me is the price. $599 for steel, brand new, is pretty darn competitive. I'm personally not in the market for clubs like these, but they seem like they would be missile launchers with plenty of ball speed and launch!

Not my style, but one of the better looking D series releases they’ve had in irons. Solid price point too.

Cant wait to see the in hand pictures to get a better idea of the overall size & appearance.

I’ll give them a go when they hit the stores.

Price is great. The blue is a new color for W/S. I wonder why so few of the oems compete at this price point.

• Admin
Cant wait to see the in hand pictures to get a better idea of the overall size & appearance.

I’ll give them a go when they hit the stores.

In hand pictures will go up later this week.

Nice write-up - Wilson has always done a fantastic job with distance irons. The reduction in Power Holes in the scoring clubs is interesting. Looking forward to giving these some swings.

Lol 3rd row seating

Nice write-up - Wilson has always done a fantastic job with distance irons. The reduction in Power Holes in the scoring clubs is interesting. Looking forward to giving these some swings.

Lol 3rd row seating

Haha. Yeah, sorry about that, got carried away with my terms there.

This looks like another very solid addition to a solid line from W/S. Price point is great, and these aren’t bad looking to my eye.

I’m looking forward to hearing more from people who get to hit them.

Very Rogue Xsque (?) type of Irons.
Looking forward to giving them a swing.....

Good looking SGI club at a great price! I’m potentially interested in the D7 line for the 4 iron / hybrid spot in my bag. I look forward to testing the fairway woods as well. Wilson continues to impress with each new release!

I love the idea of a 4-SW set with recoils to help me with launch in 2019. I can't wait to hear more on how the extra slots on the longer irons helps elevate with those clubs.

the badge in the cavity is a lot less aggressive than it was in D300. Those irons were a ton of fun and I bet these will be fairly similar.

I think these might be a good late Christmas present for my dad.

I think these might be a good late Christmas present for my dad.

My dad really liked the D300 because the launch was crazy.

One reviewer compared the D7 to the D300 & picked 4mph ball speed increase with a 7 iron!. That generated 15 more yards of carry distance.

The most impressive thing was that even though the loft was 2* stronger & spin was down a lot, the D7 launched the same as the D300 & hit a higher peak.

Not my style, but one of the better looking D series releases they’ve had in irons. Solid price point too.
100% in line with my thoughts! Best looking D series iron I've seen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Read elsewhere they were touted as a “player’s distance” iron?? Regardless, at the price point with Recoils as a stock offering, I’m all in!! Great looking iron. Looking forward to more info and in hand photos.

I think they look great, the teasers on Wilson's Instagram looked very convincing

I seen other shots of the face of the club. It’s really nice for a SGI club.

Attachments

• 69BBCADE-6E34-4570-9FC6-C0DB2EEDEB44.jpeg
    69BBCADE-6E34-4570-9FC6-C0DB2EEDEB44.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 3
I’m LOL’ing about loft peepers!

This is a really good looking set of SGI/GI irons, better than any of the other D-series irons for sure. Also it’s at a great price point for the intended audience.

One reviewer compared the D7 to the D300 & picked 4mph ball speed increase with a 7 iron!. That generated 15 more yards of carry distance.

The most impressive thing was that even though the loft was 2* stronger & spin was down a lot, the D7 launched the same as the D300 & hit a higher peak.

I'm watching for the Rogue X and D7 comparisons.

Back