Wilson Staff Di11 Irons Review Thread

and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that at all, man. it should make for a better testing experience too knowing that you're happy right away instead of already focusing on a grip that you don't like
Ya Ron I really didn't like them and have already swapped them out and am much happier. They just didn't feel right to me, and they don't look that great to me either. Stock grips are just that to me, I don't think I have ever played a club where I didn't change out the stock grip within a week or two.

I'm in the same boat. I think it helps to have all your clubs feelign the same so there's some sort of consistency with each club's feel.
Once you find a type of grip that you really like it is hard to go back to something else IMHO. It is the only part of the club you actually touch and its important to me that it feels right, and is the right size.

Yeah Im not a fan of the stock grips at all. Im going to give them another few range sessions and a round or two before replacing them. And I dont find them awful but I just dont like them. I can feel a blister coming on my right index finger just thinking about it.

I was thinking about my range session with these and the look of the irons is striking. I love the black in the cavity. And these are in no way shovels. More like a distance game enhancement iron. If that makes any sense at all. And the shafts really impressed me too. These uniflex are 10000x better then the Callaway uniflex, IMO. I in no way felt like the shafts couldnt keep up with my blazing swing speed, lol. They were just very stable. Cant wait to get them back out again.

Yeah Im not a fan of the stock grips at all. Im going to give them another few range sessions and a round or two before replacing them. And I dont find them awful but I just dont like them. I can feel a blister coming on my right index finger just thinking about it.

I was thinking about my range session with these and the look of the irons is striking. I love the black in the cavity. And these are in no way shovels. More like a distance game enhancement iron. If that makes any sense at all. And the shafts really impressed me too. These uniflex are 10000x better then the Callaway uniflex, IMO. I in no way felt like the shafts couldnt keep up with my blazing swing speed, lol. They were just very stable. Cant wait to get them back out again.

Thats a great way to put it OEM, the top line is thin, you can work the ball, the look great, but the ball flies forever with a ton of forgiveness packed in there. The sound and feel of a well struck shot is what I am liking a lot right now. Sometimes if you didn't see the ball flying towards your target you might think you missed the ball. Just a pure almost absent feeling, and I think JB said it best with almost a lack of sound. I've never played any "buttery soft forged irons" but I can't imagine they feel any softer than these do.

Now worries and welcome to THP.

I believe one of the last two pages, I made a comparison between the two as I played both sets. I am not one that changes irons all that easily in my regular bag, but if I had to choose it would be the Di11s without a doubt. I prefer them in just about every category to the 9s.

Thanks, and thanks for replying. I hope I get to test them when the season starts, still a bit snowy over here.

I'm not a fan of most stock grips either. Some clubs you can pick up and play with and not know if you like the grip untill a bucket of balls later. other clubs you know right away that the grips won't suit you. I played a round with my buddies Callaway diablos and the stock grips were so horrible I told him he should change them for his own sake. He said he hadn't even considered changing them because he was indifferent to the grips. We went to the local GG later that week and picked out some grips he liked the feel of immediatley, and then regripped his clubs. Since then he said he has shaved 5 strokes off his game. He told me that it opened his eyes to the golf tinkering world and mentioned that he was thinking about regripping his putter and driver. I think I instilled the club-tinkering bug in him.

I think I'm going to try some Winn grips. Maybe grip my hybrid first and see how I like them. Just want to congratulate my fellow testers. OEM & CB going to rock the Morgan Cup!! Congrats guys. Couldn't be happier for you.

I'm personally looking at the Winns. I don't remember which one exactly I liked. Think it was the Xi7

CB can I ask how you came up with the number of wraps of tape? Trial and error?

Im looking at going with the Golf Pride VDR grips.

I like the whites in those Kevin.

Ya +1 on the white, I do like red grips in genera but I think the white grips on the di11`s would look bada$%

You know what, I love white grips. When theyre clean. I hate them when they start to get brown and dirty though. Whats your next choice?

Damn both of you like the white huh? Hmm I'll have to ponder.

You know what, I love white grips. When theyre clean. I hate them when they start to get brown and dirty though. Whats your next choice?

Dude that is what magic eraser is made for

I love red grips a lot and they would look great IMO. The problem with white grips is the same as white shoes, they look the best new, but terrible when they start to wear. I`ve got the Winn PCI TL on my driver and wedges in red and I think it looks really sharp.

CB did you see my question? How do you determine how many wraps of tape to use?

Guys lets keep this one to the irons and not discuss how much you are changing. Thanks.

Kev, I love the Winn PCI on my CB's.

I didn't get to demo the di11 irons today. Too many orders came in at the Monkey Disco. I am going to try for Thursday since I will be in Knoxville anyway. I actually never noticed the grips being bad, I was too excited with my launch monitor numbers.

Just saw this. If you've been reading along and are in the Denver area 2 courses are having Demo Days and one of the Manufacturers will be Wilson

As this is the Di11 thread I removed the other companies from the post

# May 21, 12-4 p.m. at Meadows Golf Club
Wilson

# May 28, 12-4 p.m. at Foothills Golf Course
•Wilson

• Ball fitting by appointment, please call 303.409.2400

Just saw this. If you've been reading along and are in the Denver area 2 courses are having Demo Days and one of the Manufacturers will be Wilson

As this is the Di11 thread I removed the other companies from the post

# May 21, 12-4 p.m. at Meadows Golf Club
Wilson

# May 28, 12-4 p.m. at Foothills Golf Course
•Wilson

• Ball fitting by appointment, please call 303.409.2400

Ron, Overland Golf Course has a demo day on April 16.

Back