JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
a non-mush competitor to the soft Tour balls, what took them so long

Love it!

What does the alignment aid look like?

Another great ball from Wilson. The colored urethane is big for some golfers and $35 is a great MSRP.

I like the aggressiveness, both in pricing and color options. Hope these get advertised during DvD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Love it!

What does the alignment aid look like?

Ya know, I honestly dont know. I have an early prototype edition and it has no side stamps on them at all. I can say the matte urethane came out fantastic though.

Does this replace the Duo U? I really liked that ball. Interesting to see them drop the price a few dollars.

I also love the matte urethane finish.

Matte urethane! Awesome! I’ll definitely be trying this ball out when it’s available.

love it, I wan to try the green one

Does this replace the Duo U? I really liked that ball. Interesting to see them drop the price a few dollars.

I also love the matte urethane finish.

In my mind, yes, but I am honestly not sure there. It doesn't say replace in any of the press copy, so it could sit alongside, but if I was a betting man, I would think so.

In my mind, yes, but I am honestly not sure there. It doesn't say replace in any of the press copy, so it could sit alongside, but if I was a betting man, I would think so.

The Duo U has been on clearance everywhere so I would say that is the writing on the wall. If you like the Duo U great deals can be had.

Nice update to the Duo line. I haven’t played them much, but it’s definitely a ball worth looking at. I suspect a dozen will find their way into my bag next year.

Sounds like a great ball at a great price. Still a little too soft for my preference but for many this will be a good fit.

Nice update to the Duo line. I haven’t played them much, but it’s definitely a ball worth looking at. I suspect a dozen will find their way into my bag next year.

Interesting thoughts from me here. I played this ball all of Shaft Up Finale and really enjoyed it. Spin around the greens was solid, really low spin off the tee and the beauty for me was the matte finish held up extremely well.

Nice price point for these. I really like the last 2 version of the Duo so I will certainly give these a try.

I’ve enjoyed Duo U and it’s been on sale forever. I’ll give this a try in the spring. Still plenty of ammo to loose.

So we are seeing what maybe couldn't be done several years ago - Color in Urethane Cover Golf Ball and a first - A Matte Finish in a Urethane Golf Ball and all at a "Value" price.
It's impressive.

Sure would like to try a sleeve or two - Love the Vibrant Green.

Great price point and I like the colors!!!! Might have to try this one out.

Oh my, now this is right up my alley. A low compression urethane ball in matte orange. I heard a rumor that I might get to play these next weekend

Wonder why the word "Urethane" isn't anywhere on the front of the box?
Seems like that would be a selling point especially with the Matte Color balls.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is what JB meant by this comment from the Staff Proto thread. Just saying... Actually he's saying.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that all participants will be using a Wilson golf ball.

I love this release and the evolution of the Duo line. Kind of silly to keep "Duo" for a 3 piece ball, but I get Duo has some clout in it's success in the marketplace. I really like the FG Tour urethane ball and then you throw in some fun colors to the urethane and a great price point, I hope it's a winner for them.

Alright W/S, you have me excited about a golf ball release. Well done!

Now, I want to see the DURABILITY.

I love this release and the evolution of the Duo line. Kind of silly to keep "Duo" for a 3 piece ball, but I get Duo has some clout in it's success in the marketplace. I really like the FG Tour urethane ball and then you throw in some fun colors to the urethane and a great price point, I hope it's a winner for them.

I can honestly say and I am even ashamed to say it, I never even thought about that and it totally makes sense.

Oh very cool looking forward to this golf ball! I played the Duo U back when they released it and really liked it and shot some low rounds with it. Don't remember why I ever got away from it but am excited for this Duo Pro golf ball. Will get a dozen or so for sure come spring time.

Back