Wilson Staff Duo Soft+ and Duo Soft+ Optix Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely looks like a solid addition to their lineup. The colors look pretty fantastic as well.

In a pinch I've gamed this instead of my usual Callaway Supersoft or E6 Soft, and it's definitely not a horrible fill in. I do like the Optix line yellow ball, it just seems to pop more than most yellow balls on the course. The biggest issue I ran into it how after a few strikes it just does not come clean, I'm intrigued to see if that continues on to the new generation.

This is really a solid line of balls. I have tried the previous versions and really liked them. Nice review @ddec !

I've used the Duo Soft Optix last season and really liked them. I will try this updated version for sure. Really good ball at the price point.

Nice write up! Is it pronounced velocity-cor or veloci-cor?

I'm here for the Optix. Nice write up, Dean! Might need to work these in during some early Spring rounds this season.

That's a decent ball at a very good price. Just another good option for people to consider if they are looking for a softer ball.

Glad to see they kept this going, it's a fun ball, and I really enjoy playing it. My go-to non-urethane ball.

Love the red matte color on these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the matte yellow could be one for Jen to try at that low compression as she could use any help she can to generate some ball speed

Great balls and glad to see them continuing the line.
Love the Red ones!

Colors seem off to me, almost bland? Maybe I am getting too used to some of the matte and gloss finishes of others.

View attachment 8922567

they say they are more vibrant than before. I know when I played around with the previous version the balls looked like they were glowing at times.

Forwarding this to a friend as he loves the previous generation of these. They are much easier to find with the colors and the matte finish

Forwarding this to a friend as he loves the previous generation of these. They are much easier to find with the colors and the matte finish

I've played a yellow ball on and off since Srixon first started doing the Z Star in yellow. I've played all sorts of yellow and even some green(OnCore, Duo). I found the Duo line to be so damn easy to find, esp in the orange.

Nice write up Dean. Lot of the older guys (65+) at my home course will love these balls.

I've played a yellow ball on and off since Srixon first started doing the Z Star in yellow. I've played all sorts of yellow and even some green(OnCore, Duo). I found the Duo line to be so damn easy to find, esp in the orange.

We have come a long way. They were a laughing stock when that came out, and now every single brand is doing it.

We have come a long way. They were a laughing stock when that came out, and now every single brand is doing it.

absolutely. I mean think about it, Titleist has a yellow ProV1. When the colored ball craze was coming back, that was something that people said would likely never happen.

they say they are more vibrant than before. I know when I played around with the previous version the balls looked like they were glowing at times.
interesting... Maybe just not the best photo sample?

Love the orange in the previous Optix line; I need some red ones next.

I have enjoyed each of the Duo offerings. For my level of play they are great and at their price I don’t feel to bad when I send one to the pond for a shower or to the woods to meditate.

My thoughts. When I buy new balls, I buy the Optix Duo. Definitely gonna try these.

Back