Wilson Staff Duo Soft+ and Duo Soft+ Optix Golf Balls

peep those yardages though!

they actually touch on a point that few remember to make - we don't play golf on launch monitors, we play on a course where total distance is actual distance

I get it, I wrote off launch monitors long ago when it came to club testing as low spin always won out numbers wise then on a course the club was crap for me.

but I’ll go out on a limb that Mattie still hits the left dash V1x longer than the Duo on the course.

I'm a big Wilson guy and not down on the Duo+ at all, people have to find what works well for their game. If you prioritize soft feel/quiet sound then Duo/Supersoft type of ball has an advantage. If you want stop & drop performance 3 or 4-layer tour balls have an advantage.

I think this test shows that higher compression golf balls have the potential for more ball speed if you swing 94+ mph. Maybe the softer ball will make up the distance through less spin/more roll or through less curvature, or through longer irons, etc... or maybe the golfer just likes the soft feel.

I used the Duo Professional for 59 holes last year and liked it quite a bit. I don't have the short game chops / play hard enough courses that the the urethane ball matters all that much. I have some Top Flite Gamers stockpiled and will probably go back to those this year.

Dave

Back