Wilson Staff FG 62 Irons

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
We've been discussing these irons in the Ci11 and V2 threads so I figured it would be best to start a new thread. Well, and I haven't started a thread in ages and everyone else seems to be doing so, so why not?

Anyway, I don't own these but I sure do want to. I hit the 7iron at my local GolfUSA every time I go in there. A big shout out to the owner, Robert, and his Manager, Todd. They let me come in there and hit stuff pretty much whenever as long as the hitting area is free!

I took some pics comparing the 62 to the V2 (for my boy war.eagle) so I figured I'd post them here.

Here's a shot of the two at address. The 62 is on the right:

100_2172.jpg

Here's a shot of the faces, with the 62 on the bottom:

100_2175.jpg

This shot gives you a good idea of the head shape. IMO, the 62's have that classic box shape and are just a tad shorter than the V2's from heel to toe:

100_2176.jpg

And the soles, with the 62's on the left.

100_2178.jpg

I do hope some folks have access to these irons to at least try them. I can't believe how much I like the 62's to be honest. My favorite shaft to plug into the 7iron head is the FST. It feels pretty awesome. I might get some video to update this thread with.

SERIOUSLY good looking club - way out of my league, though

Those look seriously awesome. Not sure if I could game them, but they sure are purdy. Thanks for the pics TC.

Those look seriously awesome. Not sure if I could game them, but they sure are purdy. Thanks for the pics TC.

Did you like how I put up pics of the lefty samples, lol

They are the best looking iron on the market. The store manager and I were talking about if the 62's were a Mizuno iron, people would be raving about them.

If I had the swing to hit these, I would all over them like hobo on a ham sandwich.

Did you like how I put up pics of the lefty samples, lol

They are the best looking iron on the market. The store manager and I were talking about if the 62's were a Mizuno iron, people would be raving about them.

Yes, seeing lefty clubs has me itching to hit them lol. I still like the V2s a bit better than these, but I'm really in love with those irons. A little too much.

Thanks for doing that, TC. I had been wanting to see the two compared to each other since you first posted pictures of them.

Im really surprised at how similar they are in size and shape. You would think from looking at the cavity of the 62s that they would be so much smaller than the V2s. I really like the classic shape of the 62s, they are just a gorgeous set of irons.

Edwin Watts here has these in store, and I am hoping to get there tomorrow to take some swings with these in the hitting bay. Just such a good looking iron that I have to hit it, and from the size of the face, it doesnt look like it would be much more difficult to hit than the V2s.

Also, true statement about if these were Mizunos.

I mean, who would want to look at these in the bag;
WGR129300R_FG62_6_Iron_Back_78758.jpg

If I had the swing to hit these, I would all over them like hobo on a ham sandwich.
Thats the first thing I thought, but TC said that they reminded him of the V2s, and thats when my infatuation with the 62s started.

The clubs are backwards! Lol jk . Thanks for sharing

I think you'll be blown away when you hit them war. Seriously! LOL

Way too much club for me, but they sure are purdy!

Thats the first thing I thought, but TC said that they reminded him of the V2s, and thats when my infatuation with the 62s started.

I am sure they feel fantastic when struck well. I am just worried how often I can strike them well. I am sure I could make do, but I am trying to get more forgiving.

Very nice looking, I actually think I like the V2's better though. They look kind of aggressive and functional to me.

These are absolutely gorgeous, but I definitely don't have the game for these. If I go to another iron this year it will be the Ci11s, with the V2s getting a look, but if I were in the market for blades, I'd be getting these, no questions asked.

They are absolute beauties but as others have said, require more game than I got!

But, those Ci11's are great looking irons so it is definitely not a branding thing for me, but I get where you are coming from for the general masses that glance these over and grab the Mizzies.

This thread is so biased and righty unfriendly. Wtc

Bahahahaha! Doesn't feel so good, does it? :D

Lmao you lefty's are so bitter naa it's cool. These are seriously good looking irons. Like way more serious then I can claim.

This thread is so biased and righty unfriendly. Wtc

LMAO! It wasn't intentional. Seriously though, if you're a blade guy (and I'm not talking directly to you Kmac, but in general) why aren't these things on one's radar. Find a better looking blade.

I would game them in a heart beat! But I'm far from a blade guy

I know these are pretty darned true blades. But if they have any sort of forgiveness, I could hawkponder the poo out of these.

Those are sexy irons TC. I'd like to give them a whack.

I love the look. They make the sole of the V2 look huge lol. I'd give em a whack for sure. A sweet set like the Pro Combos would be awesome. The V62's.

Back