radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Interesting launch.

There has to be an assumption that players will have these out on tour in the bag already, otherwise what would be the reason to launch 3 months early with no pre-order.
Maybe trying to remind the world that they're still around while all of these other OEM's are launching product? I don't know. I guess I didn't realize it was a 3 month window from announcement to availability. Must have glanced over that part. Seems really early to try and make your splash. Maybe some people are excited enough to wait. Maybe some people that are excited get sick of waiting and move on to new launches that are already available. Either way, it feels to me that they're poised to miss out on all of the positive buzz the announcement created. And, it would seem to me, that they're not exactly in the position to afford to do that.

Tywithay

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Interesting launch.

There has to be an assumption that players will have these out on tour in the bag already, otherwise what would be the reason to launch 3 months early with no pre-order.
Similar to the boat Srixon is in, though they've chosen to not even show them in the states (as though google doesn't work globally). Curious which strategy works better. I guess there's some merit to building anticipation, but if anything else is released in the next three months these may fall off the radar.

aljaklaw

2019 THP/BG Co-Champion
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
well at least it's not like they show up in a major magazine's award section 10 months before release

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to the boat Srixon is in, though they've chosen to not even show them in the states (as though google doesn't work globally). Curious which strategy works better. I guess there's some merit to building anticipation, but if anything else is released in the next three months these may fall off the radar.
Srixon and Ping were a bit different as they launched overseas first.
In this instance, Wilson global launched the irons on the global scale, with no pre-order and nothing outside of the original materials.

Seems so odd outside of tour players putting it in the bag.

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Sad I've missed these so far. They're gorgeous, even more so than the V6!

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
These look so good...great looking iron and if an update of the V6 like many have posted - these will do very well. I’ve not been a big fan of Wilson woods but the irons, they know what they are doing here

annsguy

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Shiel’s review couldn’t been more positive. But the irons are months away from being available in the US. I’ll wish them luck and hope they tie all the STAFF parts together to have a complete focused line.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Reaction score
Handicap
Shiel’s review couldn’t been more positive. But the irons are months away from being available in the US. I’ll wish them luck and hope they tie all the STAFF parts together to have a complete focused line.
Saw that Video - He just hammered those Irons. So Straight with spin.
It was impressive.

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
I find his subjective notion of soft feel to be interesting. When I hit the V6s next to MP-18s, the MP-18s were much 'softer' so I'd like to hit them all together again and see.

deepred

Reaction score
I wonder what the premium will be for DG105

X.Man

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.5
I think a way they can get excitement going for these prior to launch is to follow suit of some other OEM’s and offer a vast selection of premium no charge shaft upgrades. At that price point it should attract more interest

Last edited:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in