I think the price would be very competitive for most brands, but is it enough for Wilson?

With respect to their offerings, I think the V6 was the bright spot in a long list of items that didn't turn too many eyes. Do they have enough legs to get people to hit these and commit rather than overlook?

For the record, typically, Wilson is a brand that is included in the Budget Golf "no additional discounts can be applied to this item" deal. I doubt you'll get 15% off the price.

I think the price would be very competitive for most brands, but is it enough for Wilson?

With respect to their offerings, I think the V6 was the bright spot in a long list of items that didn't turn too many eyes. Do they have enough legs to get people to hit these and commit rather than overlook?
I think it could be. If they're sitting on the shelf next to sets that are $1200-$1600 the sub $1k price would draw some eyes to it. But, it's hard to say. Does the name Wilson hold any weight anymore for a lot of golfers? When they see that do they think of the Triton and boxed sets?

I'm so glad these irons don't have the slots on the topline like their D7 models. I wanted to like those irons but just couldn't get passed how goofy they looked. Big fan of the the price point as well.

I know a couple of fine players who can afford anything and play Wilson’s. They are worth a look IMO and played more in Europe. I do like the black dot again that appears to similar to old Callaway tech. If I get my game back in new year enough will likely test these.

I think it could be. If they're sitting on the shelf next to sets that are $1200-$1600 the sub $1k price would draw some eyes to it. But, it's hard to say. Does the name Wilson hold any weight anymore for a lot of golfers? When they see that do they think of the Triton and boxed sets?
I would think many have fond memories of the V6 quality... What kills me (mentally) is the 'rough' finish in the cavity.

1603805098815.png

That is the million dollar question. If you go into Super Store and see these next to Mizuno MP20 and they are $200 less than those Mizunos does it make you want to try them out? Or is there an assumption of lesser quality?

Sadly price brings quality into the fray (see putters), but it can be rebuked with solid marketing and good media relationships to relay that messaging and test products.

I hope these look better in person.. The price is good, but I am not sure I like the look.

All the weight in to the toe seems curious to me. That should make it harder to get the club face closed, which would promote open face - fade/slice. Not sure anybody needs that.

V6’s are STILL the bright spot for W/S, and I think it’s beyond just irons.

All the weight in to the toe seems curious to me. That should make it harder to get the club face closed, which would promote open face - fade/slice. Not sure anybody needs that.
It’s moving the CG more to the middle of the club and away from the heel. It’s the same design aspect a lot of companies are utilizing right now.

man these do look really good! i'm getting a strong likeness to another oem's 7-series. those lofts are probably too weak for me, but i sure would love to hit these. thumbs down to the jan 15 release date, though.

I would think many have fond memories of the V6 quality... What kills me (mentally) is the 'rough' finish in the cavity.

View attachment 8971281
That definitely could be the case. I hope so. If they're in a similar spot to me though, they may have never saw the V6's in person though. I think Wilson still has a mountain to climb ahead of them. I hope this line is a huge success for them. I really hope they carry them locally so I can give them a hit.

I didn't catch the finish in the cavity at first glance. I think that same section was rough in the V6. I appreciate the fact that the cavity looks cleaner in this iteration. Looks classy.

For the record, typically, Wilson is a brand that is included in the Budget Golf "no additional discounts can be applied to this item" deal. I doubt you'll get 15% off the price.

It depends, right before V6 was out, you could use it on there.
Not sure if that will be the case with this one with the THP coupon. Have asked Budget.

Not a bad look down at the ball. Pretty compact, with just enough beef to not be scary.

1603806322189.png

That definitely could be the case. I hope so. If they're in a similar spot to me though, they may have never saw the V6's in person though. I think Wilson still has a mountain to climb ahead of them. I hope this line is a huge success for them. I really hope they carry them locally so I can give them a hit.

I didn't catch the finish in the cavity at first glance. I think that same section was rough in the V6. I appreciate the fact that the cavity looks cleaner in this iteration. Looks classy.
If you end up with them in your bag I have a sweet Triton driver to round out the set. LMK. :giggle:

Put me in the bucket that likes the looks of these. And those lofts are modern traditional so the loft peepers should be happy

If you end up with them in your bag I have a sweet Triton driver to round out the set. LMK. :giggle:
Haha, I didn't mean to offend the multitude of Triton users out there :p

I expect I would like playing these. Lofts look good (does that make me a loft peeper :p). The visuals from the pics are very nice. Wilson doesn't hit my radar, but the price with the budget golf offer has me pondering. Huh.

I have always liked their better irons. They are elegant in their simplicity. They should separate the Staff clubs, balls, gloves and bags to give them a distinct point of difference from the rest of their recreational line. Then promote STAFF and let price point sell the other products.

This is another solid Wilson Staff release... I like that the entire package is understated and purposeful. I'd definitely seek these out to hit.

I think they look good. If they play as good as the V6, they will have a following even at the 999 price point for a 7 piece set. That's still about 1150 for a normal 8 piece set. I think they'll sell great if they perform like or better than the V6.

Seems like a well thought out set of clubs although the look is a little busy for me.

Back