Interesting launch.

There has to be an assumption that players will have these out on tour in the bag already, otherwise what would be the reason to launch 3 months early with no pre-order.
Maybe trying to remind the world that they're still around while all of these other OEM's are launching product? I don't know. I guess I didn't realize it was a 3 month window from announcement to availability. Must have glanced over that part. Seems really early to try and make your splash. Maybe some people are excited enough to wait. Maybe some people that are excited get sick of waiting and move on to new launches that are already available. Either way, it feels to me that they're poised to miss out on all of the positive buzz the announcement created. And, it would seem to me, that they're not exactly in the position to afford to do that.

Interesting launch.

There has to be an assumption that players will have these out on tour in the bag already, otherwise what would be the reason to launch 3 months early with no pre-order.
Similar to the boat Srixon is in, though they've chosen to not even show them in the states (as though google doesn't work globally). Curious which strategy works better. I guess there's some merit to building anticipation, but if anything else is released in the next three months these may fall off the radar.

well at least it's not like they show up in a major magazine's award section 10 months before release

Similar to the boat Srixon is in, though they've chosen to not even show them in the states (as though google doesn't work globally). Curious which strategy works better. I guess there's some merit to building anticipation, but if anything else is released in the next three months these may fall off the radar.

Srixon and Ping were a bit different as they launched overseas first.
In this instance, Wilson global launched the irons on the global scale, with no pre-order and nothing outside of the original materials.

Seems so odd outside of tour players putting it in the bag.

Sad I've missed these so far. They're gorgeous, even more so than the V6!

These look so good...great looking iron and if an update of the V6 like many have posted - these will do very well. I’ve not been a big fan of Wilson woods but the irons, they know what they are doing here

Shiel’s review couldn’t been more positive. But the irons are months away from being available in the US. I’ll wish them luck and hope they tie all the STAFF parts together to have a complete focused line.

Shiel’s review couldn’t been more positive. But the irons are months away from being available in the US. I’ll wish them luck and hope they tie all the STAFF parts together to have a complete focused line.
Saw that Video - He just hammered those Irons. So Straight with spin.
It was impressive.

I find his subjective notion of soft feel to be interesting. When I hit the V6s next to MP-18s, the MP-18s were much 'softer' so I'd like to hit them all together again and see.

I wonder what the premium will be for DG105

I think a way they can get excitement going for these prior to launch is to follow suit of some other OEM’s and offer a vast selection of premium no charge shaft upgrades. At that price point it should attract more interest

Last edited:
2.5 months since the last mention of these irons on the forum. Did anyone actually purchase them? They look great but seem to be nonexistent in most golfing realms.

I had totally forgotten about this thread. The irons do look great and fit nicely into their STAFF line but out of sight out of mind.

2.5 months since the last mention of these irons on the forum. Did anyone actually purchase them? They look great but seem to be nonexistent in most golfing realms.
They were not originally slated to be in stores until Jan 15. I only recently got a promotional email from Wilson about them. Hopefully someone around here picks them up and provides some feedback. The price and looks are great but prices goes up quickly if you deviate from the small group of no-upcharge options.

They were not originally slated to be in stores until Jan 15. I only recently got a promotional email from Wilson about them. Hopefully someone around here picks them up and provides some feedback. The price and looks are great but prices goes up quickly if you deviate from the small group of no-upcharge options.
I noticed the massive up charge on options. They look great but surely some one on here would have taken a chance on them by now.

By the time I get out of lockdown then I may be able to try these in my quest for new irons. Depends if they'll be in store though.
They'll have to beat out the Srixon ZX7's which I have been dreaming of for what feels like forever now!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I was handed the Staff CB at a local fitter yesterday, have to say, they are a great profile behind the ball and feel great, I was impressed. I am going in for a full fitting this weekend to get a new set of something, and will add these to the list I will try for sure. I would probably never have considered them before yesterday.

I was handed the Staff CB at a local fitter yesterday, have to say, they are a great profile behind the ball and feel great, I was impressed. I am going in for a full fitting this weekend to get a new set of something, and will add these to the list I will try for sure. I would probably never have considered them before yesterday.
Thats fun and welcome to THP.

If you fit into them, let us know how they work for you.

They would not be these irons, but last Winter (2019/2020) my buddy bought a set of Wilson Staff irons that were being closed out at a local golf shop. I notice them in his bag, and also how well they are performing for him. Graphite shafts in senior flex. He's just flat killing these irons. A couple of round later, I see the old Callaways bag in his bag! I ask him what's going on, and he says he can't feel the clubheads on the Wilsons! Are you kidding me? He hit those so much better than the Callaways, I told him that maybe that was the feel he SHOULD be looking for. Something a little more subtle!

saw someone playing wilsons the other day but didn't ask him anything about them...anyone give these a go yet?

I hit these today for the first time. Very very impressed. So much so, they are getting heavy consideration for the bag this year. An iron this compact should not be as forgiving. Great performance out of traditional lofts. Surprised the hell out of me!

Finally did a fitting. Bought the Wilson CB's, should have them in a few weeks, so I will report back on them once they arrive and I get some time with them. In the end it came down to the Wilson CB's, P770's and Cobra Tour MIM. All three had the profile I prefer to my eye, but the combo of feel, looks behind the ball & availability won out for the Wilson's. I really liked the P770's as well, but there was a 8-10 week wait time for them, which just wasn't going to work.

Someone mentioned these to me, so now I'm in this thread, when I shouldn't be. 😕

Interesting read on these.

Someone mentioned these to me, so now I'm in this thread, when I shouldn't be. 😕

They should not be overlooked when it comes to testing irons. Very solid feel and compact look at address. Powerful flight as well. Especially for having traditional lofts.

Have you seen them in hand yet? 🔥🔥🔥

I am pretty critical of Wilson. But, this iron does look pretty amazing.

Back