Been playing the p790's for the last few years and have gotten significantly better with my ball striking. I've always been intrigued by the Wilson irons because my grandfather (my hero) played them his whole life. I played with a guy who had the V6 irons and hit a few on the range and loved the feeling. I immediately did some research and went to my local PGA superstore for my first fitting and to try the CB's out, along with a list of other players irons. I pulled the trigger on the CB's with the KBS $ Taper Lite R Flex Shafts. I'm super excited. How long did it take Wilson to ship your irons to those who are already bagging them?

You might be looking at the end of May or possibly June with Wilson if you ordered direct. So many companies are back ordered due to parts, especially certain shafts.

Been playing the p790's for the last few years and have gotten significantly better with my ball striking. I've always been intrigued by the Wilson irons because my grandfather (my hero) played them his whole life. I played with a guy who had the V6 irons and hit a few on the range and loved the feeling. I immediately did some research and went to my local PGA superstore for my first fitting and to try the CB's out, along with a list of other players irons. I pulled the trigger on the CB's with the KBS $ Taper Lite R Flex Shafts. I'm super excited. How long did it take Wilson to ship your irons to those who are already bagging them?

Took me a month to get mine. Saw on their site they are saying 2-3 weeks for custom orders, so that is pretty good compared to mine.

Thanks for the feedback gents. I'm patiently waiting. Went back to the PGA store today to hit them again (buyers remorse) and they are butter. Left at peace and really glad I made the purchase.

Haha that sales person must not know many of their lines.

Not only is it not true, they have had stronger lofted irons as long as anybody on the market.

Not in the players irons. Their players irons have been weaker lofted then the competition. CB's, Blades, F5's, V6

Spent a week in Palm Springs with these irons, played 7 rounds, and they were really good. Just like the other irons in this category, the distance control is spot on, but I come back to the feel, the softness and stability at impact is just so good. Very impressed by these and anyone reading this and debating to try them or not, I would suggest you give them a go. The compact head and soft feel should appeal to many out there, not to mention they run a few hundred bucks cheaper and are available for the most part.

Man the suspence is killing me. I ordered these irons over a month ago and still no word on ship date. I had a buddy wait 12 weeks on the P790's. I hope Wilson does not follow suit.

Been on the hunt for a used set - these look $$ compared to what's out there imo. Reading thru this makes me want to pull the trigger and go get fit. Anyone not like the sound?

Been on the hunt for a used set - these look $$ compared to what's out there imo. Reading thru this makes me want to pull the trigger and go get fit. Anyone not like the sound?

For me, the sound is great, flushed shots have that ripped sound to them, but maybe a touch quieter than the Mizuno MMC's I came from. I especially notice the slightly quieter sound when standing and watching others hit my irons, but when over the ball it is not as noticeable, if that makes sense.

For me, the sound is great, flushed shots have that ripped sound to them, but maybe a touch quieter than the Mizuno MMC's I came from. I especially notice the slightly quieter sound when standing and watching others hit my irons, but when over the ball it is not as noticeable, if that makes sense.

thanks, that does make sense. I've been playing the C300's for a while now and it's a love/hate. I hit them so well but never liked the C300 top line or sound. I'm thinking this is exactly what I want from Wilson

Forgot that I got to hit these out there a few days ago for the first time in a while! A Wilson guy and I were chopping things up and did some club swapping so I got to hit his.

Still love the look of these over the ball. Size and shape work for me, good through the turf here, feel like a traditional CB that's pretty solid... Just fall in with a lot of what I like. He said his were 1 strong, so ..33 in the 7, but man, side by side with my TCB's was a pretty different flight. He had C-Taper 120's in his, which I hadn't hit in a bit either, so no direct shaft comparison with my IO's. And that was a little crazy too. My IO 6.5's, that everyone thinks seem pretty harsh, especially for something in that weight (115g), had WAY less wiggle than those C-Taper 120's. I checked the label on his about 3 times and asked if they were soft stepped. Whole different kind of floppy to me and it was blowing my mind, because I used to play C-Taper. Anyway, I only mention it because there was an obvious difference on that and it might explain some of the ball flight differences. Which were - absolute ROCKETS with the Wilsons. I hit one, and asked him the lofts. I hit another and checked the shaft again, and basically on repeat from there. Wasn't having any issues putting what I felt were fairly similar swings on them as with mine, despite the different shaft feels, but they were lower and boring as hell compared to my TCB's. And noticeably longer. I would have loved to know what they were spinning.

Anyway, it was kind a smokeshow because of all that and a lot of joking around and good fun. They feel and look really good. I don't see many of them out there, which seems a shame, but they do fall into a pretty select player category so it makes sense. For the price though they still seem like a pretty good deal to me.

857AF048-0DE0-4DEF-8D10-6FA5295D1152.jpeg

Something is still calling me to these!

I will never understand why this company won't take advantage of having a great line of irons,wedges and some good balls. Build a great line of woods.

:oops:

There is a glitch on the website! Just ordered a set for $190! They will probably cancel the order!😳🤷‍♂️

Well, they figured it out!
E697BD16-98AC-4C01-BF66-097C7F66C17D.png

🤭

How long until the cancelled order? Over or under by Wednesday?

i don’t expect them to take a bath, but i wouldn’t be mad if they honor my order!!!

How long until the cancelled order? Over or under by Wednesday?

Well, it’s Labor Day weekend, so no one is in the office until Tuesday. It's Wilson/Staff so, they’re slow on the uptake….Thursday propbably!

Back