JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A new driver hit the USGA Conforming list today from Wilson Golf. As with everything on the list, no information is provided, but quite a bit can be assumed by the sole image.

308F6463-C84B-44E7-80F9-945238966A5E-1024x692.jpeg

Shaping looks pretty traditional with a weight towards the back. This prototype coming in at 7.5 degrees of loft would not be for the faint of heart. Despite not seeing a profile image, the style looks fairly deep and neutral at setup by design, and a hair under that 460cc size we see quite often.

Will this be the new Staff Model driver? Could it be the a new lineup called Wilson Labs? What are your thoughts...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• AE06F8E9-A3B7-4358-8A87-6D5C1F45643D.jpeg
    AE06F8E9-A3B7-4358-8A87-6D5C1F45643D.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking it’s going to be aimed at better players and with adjustability. No way they make a fixed 7.5 degree driver for the masses.

It's a little plain looking, but it is a prototype. 7.5* is really interesting! I guess that's why the weight is towards the back, to keep the spin up some.

I'd have to see more pictures before much of a comment.

7.5* for the tee it high and let it fly sky mark crew!!

Kinda boring without much there. looks like weight and adjust-ability will be the key ... probably a pro model.

I don't know if seeing a color pic changes my mind...that's it's ugly. I won't lie, ugly doesn't play.

Its not singing to me yet. But then again, protoype conforming list pictures aren't always known for their marketing value. Loft is interesting. As is the weight location.

I can't remember the last time I saw a 7.5* driver. My other impression is that it seems small, less that 460CC.

That’s......not great.

I honestly thought it was a club head from the 90's.

Meh... Is what I thought. That might change with a in hand photo.

Maybe proto for Woodland? What loft does he play? Those 4 stars around the toe seem like something he'd have on a driver.

The ultimate question is how will it play?

I’m thinking it’s going to be aimed at better players and with adjustability. No way they make a fixed 7.5 degree driver for the masses.
That was my thought too, didn't look to be very forgiving based on the shape, but maybe that's because I'm used to seeing more design and tech rather than simplicity

Looks very plain and boring. Better players could love it

hard to tell at this point. Maybe it is all under the hood... No judgement good or bad.. Yet.

W labs is the only thing intriguing about that picture.

I want to see more

Looks like an attempt to get at least one of their staffers to actually have a Wilson club under their Wilson headcover.

Anyone remember the Adam's launch lab drivers? Those were awesome!! I do not think there has a been a deeper faced driver since..

1591726363897.png

I agree that a 7.5 degree loft is not untended for the masses but that looks like an adjustable hosel to me.

It would have to loft up a ton for me to get it airborne. It might need turn signals
It looks like the WLab program has been going on in some of their other sports categories. In basketballs for instance they say the innovation is inside the ball.

Attachments

• FEDB6AA1-B6C8-4742-A22A-E5DB73ABF600.png
    FEDB6AA1-B6C8-4742-A22A-E5DB73ABF600.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back