No problem with anything I see in the picture besides the 7.5 loft. Worm burners for days from me.

Looks like Gary has this today

I'm shocked they haven't said anything. I see Cobra is showing off Bryson leading the field in driving distance

I'm shocked they haven't said anything. I see Cobra is showing off Bryson leading the field in driving distance

Golf is finally back. Everybody has know this date was coming. Every company is talking about players and gear.

Im genuinely shocked we have heard nothing, considering they have a player dropping a proto into play and murdering the ball.

Yeah it's a failure on their end. Because lets me honest, from a TV you can't tell what the heck he has in the bag. Hey Wilson, shout it from the mountain tops.

Sure sounds familiar. Come on W/S PR Dept. Publicity is free. Blow it up. I checked all my social media. Nada from The Shield.
I did look around the internet and found some pictures of Gary playing the Driver and a fairway. They both looked A LOT better in the flesh. Matte Black head.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's going on at W/S, but their advertising and marketing divisions have dropped the ball(er)! Does the company that owns them (AmerSports?) have a tight leash on W/S or something?!

Amer is now owned by Anta a Chinese Company with a ton of money.

The rule for images are no water marks correct? Im assuming getty images included.... just for those wanting to see.

Looks really good photo wise. my interest has piqued a bit more

The rule for images are no water marks correct? Im assuming getty images included.... just for those wanting to see.

Looks really good photo wise. my interest has piqued a bit more

Getty is allowed, therefore you can post.

detail-of-the-driver-of-gary-woodland-of-the-united-states-during-the-picture-id1249260104

detail-of-the-driver-of-gary-woodland-of-the-united-states-during-the-picture-id1249260221

gary-woodland-of-the-united-states-plays-his-shot-from-the-14th-tee-picture-id1249268034

and a fairway?????
gary-woodland-of-the-united-states-plays-his-shot-from-the-third-tee-picture-id1249246420

I used one of those in my tweet this morning : )

Still looks a little industrial, but less so than the USGA pics, which is usually the case.

Still can’t get over Wilson this far dropping the ball on this week, maybe they actually do something this weekend.

Still looks a little industrial, but less so than the USGA pics, which is usually the case.

Still can’t get over Wilson this far dropping the ball on this week, maybe they actually do something this weekend.

Ya but is it surprising?

they seem to have alwaya done this with pre release. Stick to their dates no matter how visible that product is with little to no mention.

unfortunately it just doesn’t feel like they want to build hype. I mean would it really do them any good? If too much hype people Put it down as just being “Wilson “ they don’t build any hype and people put them down saying wow they don’t know how to run their PR or of course there’s no hype, it’s a wilson club.

not really fair but what can you do.

Ya but is it surprising?

they seem to have alwaya done this with pre release. Stick to their dates no matter how visible that product is with little to no mention.

unfortunately it just doesn’t feel like they want to build hype. I mean would it really do them any good? If too much hype people Put it down as just being “Wilson “ they don’t build any hype and people put them down saying wow they don’t know how to run their PR or of course there’s no hype, it’s a wilson club.

not really fair but what can you do.

While for the most part I agree, why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a tour staff if you are not going to speak about them when they are contending, and finally putting a brand new metal wood in the bag?

Advertising is expensive but PR, although hard is relatively free and the return is potentially huge.

Advertising is expensive but PR, although hard is relatively free and the return is potentially huge.
Bingo. They were at one time doing this well, now though, it just seems to have lost the luster, and the message seems confused anyway (see the infamous “baller box”).

I hate it because Wilson is a brand I root for.

All departments knew that this was coming and they knew they pooped the bed on the Baller Box. Imagine Tim Clark has made it as clear as he can that this is of major importance. In a Covid world where jobs are literally on the line and you have new ownership everyone has to be as disruptive as possible. As for the product I like that it isnt me too but it also isnt red or has a grey skunk line downs the middle of the head.. Progress.

Last edited:
All departments knew that it looks different this was coming and they knew they pooped the bed on the Baller Box. Imagine Tim Clark has made it as clear as he can that this is of major importance. In a Covid world where jobs are literally on the line and you have new ownership everyone has to be as disruptive as possible. As for the product I like that it isnt me too but it also isnt red or has a grey skunk line downs the middle of the head.. Progress.

I think there are some truths here, but I have seen a number of posts say ”Tim is making it clear”. I like TC a lot, and consider him a working friend. But I am not sure I would agree there.

I genuinely know nothing of this product (which is odd), but with that said, you have a recent major winner, playing your driver. It doesnt matter what driver it is, or even if this is coming to market or not, but Woodland is playing it, and in contention. You have to at least say something to those following you. The last tweet this company put out was in regards to race and that was nearly two weeks ago. Same on other platforms. Nothing has been said since.

The tour restart is not a surprise.

I really like many of the people at their company. We have done a number of THP Experiences with them and they treat our forum members wonderfully. They are also putting out some quality products, but this is a big miss in my opinion for something that takes zero dollars and less than an hour.

Nothing to disagree with in your comments. As you know, they had a great social media presence not long ago. If Gary were playing a proto driver from a competitive brand we would probably know about it. For W/S this is kind of a BIG deal.

Is this driver/fairway a one-off targeted for GW and/or other staffers that might want to play it, and it necessarily something meant for the general public?

Is this driver/fairway a one-off targeted for GW and/or other staffers that might want to play it, and it necessarily something meant for the general public?

Right now, nothing has been said and I have heard two conflicting things. First was that it was a one off. Then I heard it is going to be their next model.

Back