Right now, nothing has been said and I have heard two conflicting things. First was that it was a one off. Then I heard it is going to be their next model.
That sounds about right :ROFLMAO:

Right now, nothing has been said and I have heard two conflicting things. First was that it was a one off. Then I heard it is going to be their next model.
Is it possible Wilson hasn't even figured it out? If they're testing and it's not even final, how would marketing department go about this weekend? In this scenario, I'd imagine they have absolutely no material (names/design graphics/etc) to work with, and have to scramble right now to make it up.

Not excusing them, but genuinely curious how a company would handle this type of situation (and if it's even a realistic possibility). Would be like if Bridgestone had gotten protos of the 2020 ball on conforming list just for Tiger to use after he first tested Reactiv

If the decision to release is “if” rather than “when” an aggressive social media blitz could potentially backfire if they get people excited about something and wind up not releasing it.

OTOH it’s one thing to be careful or close to the vest, it’s another thing entirely to be radio silent. They should at least be saying something positive, if just to show they’re capable of building a competitive wood.

Is it possible Wilson hasn't even figured it out? If they're testing and it's not even final, how would marketing department go about this weekend? In this scenario, I'd imagine they have absolutely no material (names/design graphics/etc) to work with, and have to scramble right now to make it up.

Not excusing them, but genuinely curious how a company would handle this type of situation (and if it's even a realistic possibility). Would be like if Bridgestone had gotten protos of the 2020 ball on conforming list just for Tiger to use after he first tested Reactiv

In my opinion, you have a PGA Tour player in contention at the re-start and it being one of the first times you have a metal wood (not this metal wood) in play in a long time. You have to shout it or at the very least say something. You dont have to mention model, but you have to talk about your guy, being in contention using your gear.

The Bridgestone one is a good analogy...Every week he was teeing it up, his sponsors let the world know when.

What brand has the resources to do one offs that have no ROI. I love Gary but he's Joe six pack. People want to play what he plays. Thats his appeal.
And as lame as the PR has been they havent blown anything yet. What if he wins or is 2 thru5. Start up the PR bus Sunday night.

What brand has the resources to do one offs that have no ROI. I love Gary but he's Joe six pack. People want to play what he plays. Thats his appeal.
And as lame as the PR has been they havent blown anything yet. What if he wins or is 2 thru5. Start up the PR bus Sunday night.

If this was in the middle of the season playing the John Deere, I would probably agree. In fact I think I have said so.

When this is the tour re-start, there are no other sports on, you have a limited staff and have not had a driver in play with your star Outside of a brief glimpse with a TV show, it is hard to think silence works best.

If this was in the middle of the season playing the John Deere, I would probably agree. In fact I think I have said so.

When this is the tour re-start, there are no other sports on, you have a limited staff and have not had a driver in play with your star Outside of a brief glimpse with a TV show, it is hard to think silence works best.
I really dont disagree. It's hard to figure what they are doing.

While for the most part I agree, why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a tour staff if you are not going to speak about them when they are contending, and finally putting a brand new metal wood in the bag?

Oh I agree fully on that one. Maybe like James is saying, they’re waiting for the weekend tweet

Oh I agree fully on that one. Maybe like James is saying, they’re waiting for the weekend tweet

Kind of crazy to think that the PGA Tour is restarting and a major brand with a player in the top 10 on the weekend has not said a thing on any social outlet in close to 2 weeks.

Kind of crazy to think that the PGA Tour is restarting and a major brand with a player in the top 10 on the weekend has not said a thing on any social outlet in close to 2 weeks.

very crazy. They need to get the word out when their gear and players aredoing well no matter what day.

I really enjoy wilson clubs. Played the cortex a long time and would love to give their next driver a go as well.

Tied for the lead...

very crazy. They need to get the word out when their gear and players aredoing well no matter what day.

I really enjoy wilson clubs. Played the cortex a long time and would love to give their next driver a go as well.
Need Corey back

I thought W/S kind of blew it when Woodland won the U.S. Open! They never truly capitalized on that, and it's been one blunder after the other.

I’ve got nothing!

No wait there was this.

Attachments

• 3BD8FF91-9C72-4EFD-B077-1A7B2480C9B9.png
    3BD8FF91-9C72-4EFD-B077-1A7B2480C9B9.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
I guess it was realized.

Just saw that and was coming to post. Lmao, about time.

Even then, a pretty meh post.

Yeah pretty lame.

It's pretty plain looking. I'll probably try it if it is deep faced and sits neutral, but I doubt it will move the needle for most. I'm hoping it has a LongTom color scheme

It's pretty plain looking. I'll probably try it if it is deep faced and sits neutral, but I doubt it will move the needle for most. I'm hoping it has a LongTom color scheme
Rallo my friend, if you want deep and neutral, go look at the EXS Pro 220. 👀

As to this one, I hoped for a little more 🔥 from their media post, hit revealing anything, but at least sound excited, this is just kind of “oh hell we need to post something”.

I watched as much as I could today. Did Gary ever actually hit driver.

I watched as much as I could today. Did Gary ever actually hit driver.

Strokes gained tee to green: 10th
SG off the tee: 57th
Long drive of 338 with average of 306
Driving accuracy: 62.5%

so not bad.

That longest drive sounds just like me.... in two. These are compelling numbers. Gary’s ability to hit stingers will serve him well in Hilton Head this week.

Back