Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls and Baller Box

I like the ball a lot. Have bought 2 dozen, asked if I can buy a 3rd with a discount they said no. Its just too much money

Here is the thread @JDax

This ball will be released as a general release in December I hear.

This ball will be released as a general release in December I hear.

I have heard the same thing, which I think is good for them.
Although incredibly unique considering the entire Baller Box program and pricing structure.

I have heard the same thing, which I think is good for them.
Although incredibly unique considering the entire Baller Box program and pricing structure.

I was told the subscription thing will end then. Not sure how they could do both..

I was told the subscription thing will end then. Not sure how they could do both..

Yeah I was too. So ask yourself this.
You subscribe for a 12 month plan this week. 2 dozen a month because its the only way to get a ball you like.
Pay the premium and then they are all of the sudden available everywhere (And I have not heard price yet).

Yeah I was too. So ask yourself this.
You subscribe for a 12 month plan this week. 2 dozen a month because its the only way to get a ball you like.
Pay the premium and then they are all of the sudden available everywhere (And I have not heard price yet).

Oh yeah. Totally get that.. but, isn’t that kinda of confusion and bad implementation par for the Wilson course these days?

Oh yeah. Totally get that.. but, isn’t that kinda of confusion and bad implementation par for the Wilson course these days?

In my opinion? Yes.
The biggest questions for a national release of this ball will be where is it available and what will the price be. Odds are, at $40 or higher, it will primarily be online stores that drop ship.

You have to assume they have not sold a ton with the current structure. I have heard rumors about some ridiculously low amounts, but I dont like to deal in that kind of info. So maybe you aren’t alienating enough people to worry about it?

Bumping this out of curiosity. I looked at the reviews for the ball on the W/S site and people raved about it. I have never seen one.
Do comapnies drop positive reviews into their own sites or did actual people play this thing.
I played the Wilson Staff Model from the Baller Box today.
I had 3 balls... I’ll apologize in advance, I didn’t get to throughly put it through it’s paces. I lost 4 balls today, 3 of which were the before mentioned Wilson Staff Model.

337CA136-088C-4734-8448-FEA1CCF489BE.jpeg

54AC60B7-9AB3-45EB-BC19-9A70469C6BB8.jpeg

Some thoughts:
The distance off the tee was decent even into the wind. Example this drive on the 7th hole (Gold Tees w/ wind in).

94D0C358-CAC8-4A9B-86CC-4526AE9C7F83.jpeg
Green side the ball seemed to spin fine, but I’m not sure if it was the ball or the RTX ZipCore wedges.

Iron distance and spin was what I’m accustomed to seeing with the other premium balls that I game.

By my tee shot on the 10th, I was out of Wilson Staff Balls and put other balls in play (Pulled 8 iron on 2 into the Woods, pulled 7 iron on 8 into the water, blocked Drive on 10 into the Cumberland River).

I did start to play better after losing the last Baller Box ball, it might be a superstitious thing, but I don’t think this ball works for me. I can’t imagine paying a higher price point to switch to this ball from my normal Z-Star or Chrome Soft.

Although 2 of the best tee shots I hit all day was with this ball.

B88ADCB1-BE01-4D24-A490-DA831B3E4F0E.jpeg
B8ED60EA-96F2-4EE7-B978-7EADFD8C00CC.jpeg

Last edited:
In my opinion? Yes.
The biggest questions for a national release of this ball will be where is it available and what will the price be. Odds are, at $40 or higher, it will primarily be online stores that drop ship.

You have to assume they have not sold a ton with the current structure. I have heard rumors about some ridiculously low amounts, but I dont like to deal in that kind of info. So maybe you aren’t alienating enough people to worry about it?

This one is strange. By all accounts I have heard good things about the ball itself. But, Wilson always tripping over their own feet wreckEd any potential it may have had

In December, my guess is it needs to be an exceptional products and $35 or less to gain any real traction.

The search for the sustainable subscription golf ball model continues.

Subscription based good ball sales seems like such a bad idea to me. It does not make any sense.

The DTC ball market has it about as figured out as I think you can get. Snell has price breaks down to $28/dozen depending out quantity and will have them to you I think it 2 days. No commitment required.

Buy 5 dozen and you are done for a few months. Vice is about the same but you can get those down to $25/Dzn. I am not sure about their shipping time.

Taylormade has a subscription but there is no price break for quantity, They just give you free personalization. I don’t get that either..

Wilson seems to like to dip their toes into the water versus making a splash. This misguided effort is one example. Woodland sending the "prototype" driver back to the lab is another. Not that the Ping driver helped him much this weekend. Frustrating brand.

Wilson seems to like to dip their toes into the water versus making a splash. This misguided effort is one example. Woodland sending the "prototype" driver back to the lab is another. Not that the Ping driver helped him much this weekend. Frustrating brand.
Why not go the route of Callaway, and copy the price point of the Gen 1 Chrome Soft to gain traction and then slowly raise the margin?

Wilson Golf makes no sense...

NO, that makes too much sense JDAX!! Silly reason to want to hit a it but I love the graphics on the STAFF ball.

I was on the W/S site and noticed that the STAFF ball was priced at $44.99 and no trace of a subscription service. I know one dealer in NC who won't buy the ball because they excluded the dealers when they launched it.

I was on the W/S site and noticed that the STAFF ball was priced at $44.99 and no trace of a subscription service. I know one dealer in NC who won't buy the ball because they excluded the dealers when they launched it.

The subscription service was scrapped pretty early on as mentioned in the thread.
The price drop had to happen. I expect it to get dropped again soon too.

I think the ball is becoming readily available now. The baller box was an abysmal failure and a terrible idea that was executed even worse. I think it only ever existed for a few weeks. Then it was a Wilson golf website offering only for a bit, but will be full retail soon.

Wilson/Staff is running a 20% off sale on almost everything. That makes these golf balls $35.99. Anyone willing to try them now at that price? Promo code is WGOLF20

Wilson/Staff is running a 20% off sale on almost everything. That makes these golf balls $35.99. Anyone willing to try them now at that price? Promo code is WGOLF20

At $36 I’d give them a try, in the past I have played well with Wilson balls, but I wasn’t touching this one at $50 a dozen.

At $36 I’d give them a try, in the past I have played well with Wilson balls, but I wasn’t touching this one at $50 a dozen.
I won a dozen W/S Duo Urethane balls from a THP contest last year. I thought they were a really good ball.

Nope. The 2020 Callaway Chrome Softs are $39.99 right now, I'd spend the extra 4 bucks for them if I was buying balls in that tier. Wilson doesn't inspire my curiosity at all right now.

STAFF Duo Pro's get down to around $28.00. Hmmm. Wish they had RAW ball available just to try them. I have played two rounds with the new STAFF ball and liked it a lot.

I really like the DUO Professional, but I have reservations on a firm ball like the Staff. Wouldn't mind trying one though!

Bought a dozen at golf galaxy with a 20 percent off coupon from gg

Back