Wilson Staff Model Utility Irons

Nice looking in hand and blends decently with the Staff blades. Supposed to replace the 3 & 4 irons. Utility comes in 18*, 21*, and 24*. Staff blade 5 iron is 26* stock.

Absolutely gorgeous! Never played a driving iron but gonna have to try this out and see if its something that would be usable.

I like the looks of these.

Great pictures, thanks for bumping these @J.B. Cobb III I need to find some to swing :D
I didn't get a chance to hit it. Looks very easy to launch. I would love to see a head to head comparison between these, the Srixon utility, Cobra, Titleist, and Tour Edge!

Possible uses for me with a U club. ( Using it for its intended purpose is not a consideration)
Hold up a window
Put in sliding glass door track to prevent from opening.
To poke logs in fireplace
Knock things down from a high shelf
Put in my man cave to act like I actually used it

Am I alone in that to me they look a little unfinished? It’s undeniably hard to walk that line between too much and not enough, but these almost hit a bit quite all the way finished look for me personally, which is very strange for W/S, but I feel the same way about their high toe wedge so maybe this is just the new direction.

Love the looks of that club, and especially love that Wilson didn't stamp club numbers on them.

I already have Mizuno and Epon driving irons, but would still be tempted to add that one.

Clubs like this are the reason that I will always have to live with gapping issues.

Utility driving irons that I'll never hit from the fairway.
Special sand irons that I'll never hit from grass.

I don't care. If I have confidence in the looks and feel of a club,
I'll be able to hit it,
and it will find a spot in my bag.

But there is a consequence to stuffing a cart bag with fourteen clubs that you like without regard to how they work together as a set.
That consequence is gapping issues.
You can have a cart bag full of clubs and still have to hit a contrived shot as if you were carrying six clubs in a pencil bag.

But that's OK.
I bag clubs that I like,
and that Wilson driving iron looks sweet for hitting ugly but straight line drives onto the short grass on tight driving holes.

Am I alone in that to me they look a little unfinished? It’s undeniably hard to walk that line between too much and not enough, but these almost hit a bit quite all the way finished look for me personally, which is very strange for W/S, but I feel the same way about their high toe wedge so maybe this is just the new direction.
I feel the same way! Wish the Utility and wedges matched the blades a little more.

I get what Jman is saying. Both the U and the wedges seem slighlty off. I will certainly wait to see them in person but I had the same thought.

I get what Jman is saying. Both the U and the wedges seem slighlty off. I will certainly wait to see them in person but I had the same thought.
It’s entirely personal preference in the end, but golf talk is fun. I’d like to see the utility in person.

Any reviews on these? I like forgiving driving irons in the 3i and 4i spot.

Back