CONTEST Win a Callaway Rogue ST and UST Mamiya LINQ Shaft

Congrats @cringjr !! You’re going to LOVE it!

@cringjr I want a full report on that shaft! PS - congrats!

@cringjr I want a full report on that shaft! PS - congrats!
Will do. Youth hunt this weekend so I will be with the kids at the camp. Hopefully I will be able to get some swings in early next week.

Driver and shaft were delivered Saturday. I got out to the range today on my lunch break.

My current gamer is a Mizuno ST190 with fujikura atmos shaft. I hit about a dozen shots with both drivers. I was concerned how I would fare with the stiffer shaft and was surprised to see a very similar ball flight between both clubs. I’ll be heading to Nevada Bobs this week to get on the Trackman to get some real data.

My range observations today were that my miss hits (toe) were a little better with the Rogue. I had club set to Nuetral and 10.5 loft. More to come.

Ok. So I spent some time in a bay with trackman yesterday. Brought my current gamer and the Calloway UST combo and hit lots of balls to compare. The owner of the golf shop is a friend of mine and he put me through a full on driver fitting session.

My gamer is a Mizuno ST190 with an Atmos Shaft (R flex, 50 grams) set at 10.5 degrees of loft.

After getting warmed up I hit about 10 shots to get some baseline data. Average distance was in the mid 230’s. Mis hits were in the 200-210 range. Club speed 96-97. Ball height around 55-60 feet.

I switched to the Rogue Max/UST Lin-Q combo at 10.5 degrees, 6F4-stiff flex and 64 grams (I think?). Club head speed was down to around 93-94 most likely due to heavier shaft. Ball flight was almost identical but average distance was about 5 yards shorter at 230. Miss hits were better and closer to the average but my current gamer was flying farther on good hits. Grouping was better with the Rogue. Other than a tighter grouping, no data pointed to putting the Rogue in the bag.

Tony (fitter) grabbed a Project X Cypher 5.5 shaft and swapped it onto the Rogue head. This 55 gram shaft was closer to the Atmos in my gamer but with a slightly stiffer flex. This combo improved performance and was right where the Mizuno was. Still no reason to bump the Mizuno out of the bag.

After a few more shots with both the Rogue and Mizuno Tony suggested going back to the UST LIN-Q because of the tighter grouping but with a tweak. He set it at 11.5 and to the Draw bias. He didn’t like my angle of attack and launch angle and though this would help, and it did. Ball height jumped to 70 feet and average distance was 245 with several shots well over 250. Miss hits were carrying around 215-220. Clearly enough to make it into the bag.

My overall impression of the Rogue/UST combo is very positive. I was a little concerned about a heavier and stiffer shaft but am really pleased with the results. The feel or feedback into my hands really surprised me the most. Much better than my current set up. I could easily tell when it was a solid hit or if it was a miss. I didn’t need the trackman to tell me it was good.

looking forward to getting this club out on the course very soon.

Due to my own time constraints, we did not try the Mizuno at 11.5. So, I’m not sure if that would have gotten similar distance and ball height results as the Rogue. But the Mizuno can’t be adjusted for a draw bias like the Callaway.

Back