Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
GOLF IS BACK!

Colonial played one heck of a host to the return of FedEx Cup play on the PGA Tour in a field that was truly stacked top to bottom. In the end, Daniel Berger edged out Collin Morikawa to pick up the win, here is what he had in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero (Fujikura Ventus 6x Black), 9 degree

3-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash

Irons: Callaway Apex 16; (4-PW): TaylorMade MC Forged 2011 (3)

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged (50, 56 degrees); Callaway MD4 (60 degrees)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Chalk

Ball: Titleist ProV1

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
i was surprised to see the berger ball out of the bag

I always like seeing what pga players would play when they are not being paid to play a particular brand. Very interesting bag.

love seeing the mix now that he doesnt have a contract!

That’s a nice set up

Interesting he is playing Apex and not Apex pro. That's some smashing irons for the tour. Anyone else playing clubs with that big of a cavity?

Interesting he is playing Apex and not Apex pro. That's some smashing irons for the tour. Anyone else playing clubs with that big of a cavity?
I think @Jman may have that backwards. He has the Apex in 3 and Older TM irons in his bag.

I see now my message to him was labeled right, but I should have been more clear. I’m editing his post now

• Staff
I think @Jman may have that backwards. He has the Apex in 3 and Older TM irons in his bag.

I see now my message to him was labeled right, but I should have been more clear. I’m editing his post now
Whoops.

Didn't Berger used to be all Callaway? First time in a while I didn't see him with a Callaway cap...

I wondered which irons and which Callaway clubs he had in his bag

Didn't Berger used to be all Callaway? First time in a while I didn't see him with a Callaway cap...
Sponsored by them for a few years. No longer, but playing a number of their clubs still

He used to be TM before Callaway. I think the switch was 2016. Those TM irons are from his 2015 bag

Crazy that those 2011 irons are back in the bag. When something works though, go with it. That’s got to be a lesson

I bet he can have any sponsor he wants now if not already. Glad he is playing what he feels he needs. I hope he takes his time regarding a major club sponsorship and I hope its one he has as much control as possible. Great young talent.

Did anyone notice that long backstroke and short stubby forward strike when he putted?? I couldn’t be the only one to notice that.

Did anyone notice that long backstroke and short stubby forward strike when he putted?? I couldn’t be the only one to notice that.
I saw it. Looked like a gross decel to me, but it obviously works for him.

Thanks for sharing @Jman. Always love seeing what these guys are swinging. Nice million dollar plus paycheck for Bergs!

Thanks @Jman and @JB, that's a nice mixed bag he's gaming. Always interesting to see what the guys without a club deal are doing.

GOLF IS BACK!

Colonial played one heck of a host to the return of FedEx Cup play on the PGA Tour in a field that was truly stacked top to bottom. In the end, Daniel Berger edged out Collin Morikawa to pick up the win, here is what he had in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero (Fujikura Ventus 6x Black), 9 degree

3-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash

Irons: Callaway Apex 16; (3): TaylorMade MC Forged 2011 (4-pw)

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged (50, 56 degrees); Callaway MD4 (60 degrees)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Chalk

Ball: Titleist ProV1

How does that work with a club contract, when you have 10 year old irons? Does Berger take less money in his contract to keep the old (trusted) 2011 irons in his bag?

I'd be interested in how that works. I LOVE when players keep old(er) clubs in their bags. Wish more of them would stick with what works and not play the musical chairs game of putting one of the new (115) drivers that comes out every year.

Back