Winter golf sucks

Winter golf is basement sim for me.

I don't own a sim.
But I am a member of a sim "country club" 10 minutes away.
Sim golf obviously isn't as good as "real" golf - but I'm swinging a club and it seems to scratch my winter golf "itch"!

I would take winter golf if I could avoid going into hibernation for 5+ months and having to endure bone chilling cold and snow. Yesterday the temperature where I live felt like -35° Celsius….. yes minus 35. As I get older, the less I like winter, give me the opportunity to play golf all year round and I am in.

Three words make winter golf the best

“five man wolf”

Learn the game of wolf and your attitude will change instantly

I lived in the Chicago area for over 20 years before moving to the Dallas area. As much as I dislike playing in the cold, getting to play at all is much better than having to take months off not playing at all!

What is this thing you call winter golf here in the Chicagoland area it does not exist lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter golf is basement sim for me.

I can't swing the shortest club in my bag without risking structural damage or serious injury! I will say that it has its benefits. I guy I knew many years ago, lived in a big old house that had really high celings in the basement. So, he rigged up a war surplus parachut for a net, some type of mat, and hit balls down there all Winter! When the weather got nice enough to play, he didn't mishit anything! His swing was grooved! And in a good way!

a friend in my 4-some declares golf is three things - a 4mile walk, time with friends, and occassionallly a decent shot struck; and he would take 2 out of 3 any day.
only 4 miles? He must be down the middle all day , cause Ill walk bout 6.

I enjoy the break from weekly multiple rounds golf during the winter. It makes me appreciate the occasional winter round in Florida and my golf trip to AZ coming in February. :)

I live in NW Ohio, and over the years I have played golf in every month of the year.....just not very often from December through February. As I
get older, I find my comfort zone bottoms out at about 45 degrees with NO wind. Any lower than that, or if it's windy it's too cold for me. OTOH,
on those rare winter days when the weather meets MY requirements, it feels like I'm stealing to be able to get out and play! At those rare times, I seldom
even bother to keep score....just fun to see the ball in the sky and feel the feel of a well struck shot!!

Last edited:
Winter golf you say
c8a4b5345a51b6a2a2ffbe140d2530f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only in my dreams, the other night I flushed my 4i with a nice full turn, crisp! then I woke with my girl punching me in my arm because I turned into her face while sleeping, ah, winter golf.

Last edited:
But in the winter, the rain isn't wet!
1643216567877.png

No Winter golf around here this year. Not with a foot+ of snow on the ground! And when that all melts it will be a muck fest out there. My main golf buddy will always call me for anearly season round on one of the first nice days. I always invent some excuse, something that I have to do to get out of it. But, I will make sure to call him back and ask what conditions were like. He'll say something like it was sloppy, balls were plugging everywhere, casual water all over the place, etc. Then I'll tell him to call me when things firm up a bit!

Back