malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
Where do you go to play WInter golf? I will leave Washington state on November 20th and head for Spring Hill, Florida... north of Tampa / St Pete.

Arizona in Feburary, indoor simulator the other months.

We play in Kansas year round as long as no snow on the ground. This year there will be some winter golf in California. :)

My garage.
34864d4388aef4319648f301eaeb2d1d.jpg

If there is no snow on the ground and footsteps won’t damage greens then right here in St. Louis.

I drive to Cape Cod to get a few rounds in and try to play a little when I am traveling.

I have a practice net in my garage, putting mat in the basement. Last year, I went to GolfTec for lessons.

There is one 9 hole "course" that stays open year-round in Salt Lake City. However, it's right next to a water reclamation center, and green fees are only $10 for good reason.

-Bishop

Where do you go to play WInter golf? I will leave Washington state on November 20th and head for Spring Hill, Florida... north of Tampa / St Pete.

We have a condo in Naples Florida and will spend about 50 days down there between this weekend and April 1st. In early April the golf courses should be back open here in MN.

In Feb. We go out to L.A. for 2 weeks and and for the last 2 yrs. I have gotten my golf fix. This year, as the bug has gotten stronger, I am planning a couple 2-3 day trips south to play more.

I was born in St. Pete and still have family down there. While I could stay with one of my brothers, there's just too much daily winter maintenance to do up here.

So unless we get a sustained thaw, the best I can do is hit into the net in my garage, practice putting in the house, or head to a simulator. It makes me consider getting an inexpensive simulator.

It's the same dilemma every year. It's so damned beautiful up here. There's an abundance of golf courses, light traffic, little crime, etc. But the downside is going 5 months without playing golf. My wife and I have talked about it, but I don't see us being able to own homes in different states once we retire. Each year, winter becomes a little less bearable for both of us.

Right here in my backyard, as long as there is no snow on the ground & we don't have an inversion. If we get an inversion it's gets colder then a well diggers butt & we have to driver up to the ski resort to get out of the cold.

Nowhere.

I got to the lake Sunday and there was a tiny amount of ice, now the lake is 5000 acres of ice.

IMG_20191112_152852690.jpg

:banghead:

Nowhere.

I got to the lake Sunday and there was a tiny amount of ice, now the lake is 5000 acres of ice.

View attachment 8914623

:banghead:

Just imagine how far you can hit driver on that though (until it’s ice and snow).

I’m looking at January before I can swing a club again. I’ll probably punch a few wedges into a net in the basement before then. Once I can swing I’ll hit the local sim place a couple times as I may have to rework my swing due to injuries.

There’s also a local course that will let you on it (for free, walking only as they’re not open) anytime the greens aren’t frozen. So I’ll hope for a warm spell or two late winter when I’m healed and getting restless.

If there is no snow on the ground and footsteps won’t damage greens then right here in St. Louis.

I may play on Friday if it warms like they say. It was miserable today but I tend to find days all through the winter to play. I will usually walk so it is a little more bearable.

In my sim, but if it is a nice weekend, say 40 or so, and little wind, I will play at my club.

I'm sure I will sneak in a trip or five to nicer climates this winter, however.

I will play here in good 'ol VA until there is snow on the ground. I like the cooler weather. Wind & cold, not so much but as long as I can swing, I'm fine with it. The greens may be hard as rocks but at least I'm hitting the ball & staying loose. Once golf is really done, I take up the other winter sports like Hunting. I don't have the luxury of heading to a warmer climate for the colder months. My beach house is here in VA, so I have to put up with the weather no matter what.

Like other Midwesterners I try to play all winter. I have one course nearby that is quite happy to allow us to play in almost any weather. It’s a pleasure going there and not have to see the staff roll their eyes in disgust when we walk in the door.

We play as often as we can, as long as the course is open. Temperature under freezing for 12 hours or snow will close it. 3 -4 times a winter. I visit family in Florida twice a year, but prices are ridiculously high during the winter tourist season .

Here, until we can't. My club will shutter shortly after Thanksgiving. We have a week in Dallas in December, and a short week mid January in Vegas I will golf during. After that unless we head somewhere else there won't be any golf until April. Really makes a guy want to buy a sim.

I Louisville I can play all year as long as there is no snow. I will got out as low as 30 with no wind.

I can play year round here in Texas. I won’t play under 50 or in the 50s with a high wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back