Winter is Here- Favorite Golf Pants

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Now that it is officially winter, what is your go to pair of pants for golf?

Im a fan of the split v hem, hard to find pants with this feature currently. Anyone have suggestions?

Rain pants. I only play in shorts, don’t own any trousers for golf, so if it’s a little chilly first thing, I stick the rain pants on till it warms up.

I’m a fan of puma golf pants!

@troyefl are you cold today or something?

I’m a fan of puma golf pants!

@troyefl are you cold today or something?
Dude, it is cold!

I like Puma as well, they seem to have given up on the notched hem. Had a pair that I really liked past few seasons.
Also, I dont love 100% polyester, wore Penguin out in Seattle a few months ago.
Picked up a few Travis Mathew pants but they are very light, not going to help in the cold.

Im a fan of the split v hem, hard to find pants with this feature currently. Anyone have suggestions?
Try Dicks sporting goods, I have a pair of Slazenger pants that have a split V hem. Comfortable and light weight, breathe good.

I still like the Adidas 3 stripe

I'm a fan of the puma pants. I bought a pair last year. Super comfortable. I need another pair for when they don't get washed in time. I have started wearing these as slacks too. Super comfortable. I so rarely need nice pants that this will be what I wear going forward if I am not in a suit but can't wear jeans.

I still like the Adidas 3 stripe
These are nice... Also have the IZODs that I would reccommend as well as Polo, but those were pricy and tighter than necessary in select locations

I tend to only play in shorts when I am able to play. If it is too cold I will wear jeans, my course is not that strict on clothing type.

These are nice... Also have the IZODs that I would reccommend as well as Polo, but those were pricy and tighter than necessary in select locations
Donny don't do tight.....you would not approve

Donny don't do tight.....you would not approve

If you dont like tight... Try IZOD, those were relaxed and honestly search JOS A BANK sales... I picked up two pair for $15 a piece, comfy relaxed fit and nice look for the course.

Any suggestions from anyone for guys who have muscular thighs and buttocks? Normal pants are always too tight around that region. I prefer a tapered look to my pants, so it is extremely frustrating and difficult to find ANY pant that fits me well. Thanks guys.

These are amazing. I have Nike, adidas, Callaway, Linksoul and Footjoy and none of them come close.

My PJ's. I dont like cold.

I just ordered a pair of UA infrared showdown pants, but for regular wear since our courses are closed for the season.
I have many, many pairs of the regular showdown pants but most of them are too light for the below freezing temps I deal with at work.
Reviews on them are good, will post up once I receive them.

we are big winter golf fans but this means we play in the 40's or warmer when it is dry. 45, sun and moderate wind dressed right is as good as 65 in my book.
I play in black adidas golf pants. I wear a hiking sock that comes up my leg maybe 7inches and boxer shorts. Before it gets to 45, I may slip my Ping rain pants over my pants. Typically by hole 4 all that rain gear is gone.

to my surprise, I find the non-cotton material I might use in a summer fishing pant is very good in winter at 45. Somehow blocks the wind. My upper body will normally have dritec tee shirt, a long sleeve golf shirt and a vest by hole 4.

Never thought I’d say it, but digging a couple pair of Under Armour Storm joggers right now. They’re water resistant and have been great for layering.

Another vote for the PUMA Jackpot pants. I wear shorts most of the time but when it gets below 60 I have a few pair to go with. I do have an older pair of Oakley Take 2.0 pants (I think that was the name) that had the split seam, don't know if they still make them.

If it's cold enough, Dockers work well for me. If it's sunny, and no wind, I will wear shorts.

Our winters are pretty calm. Just depends on the wind, and it's chill factor.

Of the ones I've played in, the Oakley Take 2.5 pants are the ones I like the most, so far. The Matte Gray ones look the best, but are a little thin.

If I ever swing a club again, a couple pairs of Puma Jackpots are waiting in the closet. Expectations are high here.

I usually wear Dockers or IZOD pants during the winter. I do have a couple of pairs of the Adidas 3 stripe slacks but they're too thin for early morning rounds.

Mrs Duffer doesn't do cold. Instead of an 8:00 AM tee time and a balmy 34 degrees, Saturday's tee time is 1:00 PM and the forecast is for 63 degrees. I will be in shorts, she will be wearing something warmer. :rolleyes:

Puma Golf Utility Pant

Extra layer for warmth, stretch and water resistant treated go to for the cold rounds

Lululemon Commission Pant made of Warpstream for me. Unbelievable stretch and comfort. Used to wear them everyday when I went to the office. They're still great golf pants.

Back