SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
the off-season is approaching for lots of people, so how many of you re-grip your clubs in the winter? If you’re planning on re-gripping your clubs, what grips are you going to?

I don’t think I’m going to re-grip mine just yet. Maybe in a few months I’ll get bored and do it.

I do my grips every winter, but for a different reason as that is when our season starts. Assuming I am not changing irons each year, in May and November I re-grip my clubs each year. Right now I am pretty set on the Golf Pride MicroSuede and will run with those.

I run with the same grips until they’re beyond return. MCC have plenty of life left for me.

Seeing as I have only had my clubs for less than 6 months I won't be regripping

I will regrip them when I feel that they need it rather than a specific time of the year

im re-gripping within the next month solely b/c im switching to midsize grips over standard. The z-cord align have plenty of life left, but my wedges already have the midsize and I love how those feel

I put new grips on a couple times each year and just did my set last month with Sonar Tours which I love. I have an extra set in Florida that will see about 20 rounds over the winter so I’m going to try the new GP Microsuede on that set.

I just regripped. Golf Pride Tour 2G midsized. They came on my MP20s and are so comfortable and tacky that I did my whole set in them.

Don't do mine until they wear out which will likely be around May 2020. Get about 250 or so rounds out of my grips, with proper maintenance, before they need to be changed. Take that grip companies! Haha

It sounds like I don't re-grip my clubs nearly as often as I should. I think my grips are still in good shape but I have added some clubs to my bag so I'll probably look at doing those. I've never re-gripped my clubs myself and I think it's about time I learn how to do it, word is it's not that difficult so we'll see.

I don’t do it in the winter because there is sim work in the winter but i regrip every spring. I’m going with +4 Aligns this year although I’ve still got the Sonar Tour On the brain

I have a hybrid and maybe a wedge that needs a new grip but other than that, pretty good to go for next season

My grips need to be replaced. I am however in a state of indecision with the clubs. The 4yo wedges need to be replaced. Not sure what to get. I would like to try graphite shafts with my current irons. Again I am not sure what shaft to pick up. Nor do I have a process figured out for making either decision. And THEN grips. Between the uhx, mcc, tour velvet grips that are on my clubs now, I prefer the durable mcc. But they are rough on the hands. So much to sort out this winter.

On top of this, new irons will join the team by next spring at the latest. And I don’t want to even think about the top of the bag. I need an intervention or at least some THP input. :p I am making a move with my golf game: Things be happening; consistent lower scores be coming; gear be aligning with the plan. I hope.

I regrip every 2 years. So none for me this winter.

I will probably skip the re-gripping this winter mainly because my current grips have a ton of life left in them. When I do regrip, it'll be in the winter, as I like to do one night of just cutting them all off and removing the tape, followed by putting new ones on the next. At the moment I can't get away from Golf Pride MCCs, just a great grip overall and I really like how they feel and perform for me.

I was nervous doing them early last year for the first time, but as long as you use enough solvent, it's very simple and you have time to adjust if you put one on that's slightly off. Great way to save a few bucks once you get all the equipment and supplies too.

I re-grip every winter - just as a way to do something golf related in the winter months.

I think I'll be re-shafting and re-gripping this winter. Really interested in the GP micro seude, but might also go with some lamkin sonar tours.

the off-season is approaching for lots of people, so how many of you re-grip your clubs in the winter? If you’re planning on re-gripping your clubs, what grips are you going to?

I don’t think I’m going to re-grip mine just yet. Maybe in a few months I’ll get bored and do it.

only if i’m bored and experimenting with a new grip

i regrip in March prepping for the New season

I need to regrip irons and wedges this winter. I’m not set as to which grips.

I think I’m good this winter, but next winter I may decide to give it a go. If I switch, I may try those GP wrap microsuedes

I play year round & tend to practice a good bit. Once a grip starts getting a little weird feeling, it’s gone but redo the whole bag in November & sometime in late spring/early summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put on new grips roughly every six months. The current grips were put on late August. So they’ll likely last until just before Spring.

Winter/offseason had nothing to do with it. I just bought the clubs last October, re-gripped with Tour Velvets in April, but tore them up a little quicker than usual.

I put new grips on a couple times each year and just did my set last month with Sonar Tours which I love. I have an extra set in Florida that will see about 20 rounds over the winter so I’m going to try the new GP Microsuede on that set.

I love the sonar tours. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts comparing these two, as I’m also intrigued by the GP micro suede.

Some grips seemed to last longer than just one season. If stored properly ( away from heat and extreme cold temperature ).
Most of us will change the grips in the beginning of the "season" if needed.
Not a lot of us change golf grips when the weather turned cold and wet. Winter time usually is the time when the grips go on sale for the most part of the Continent .

I regrip all of my clubs every year. I usually do it in late February. I leave my clubs in the garage all winter so I don't want the new grips getting too cold. I have no idea if that affects them, but that's what I do.

I always take a non-golf vacation during the late summer. This is when I regripped my clubs. I am away for two weeks and I leave my clubs to be done. This has only happened twice, though, as I usually only keep clubs 2-3 years. I do like the new grips, GP MCC+4 align. Never have a question about where my hands go.

Back