WITB Bowtiepower00

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Rocked ‘96 Era Big Berthas for over 20 years- but didn’t golf much. Got turned on to CPO by @tucsoncacti and ended up ordering a full set of Rogues- 10.5 driver, 3w, HW, 4/5 hybrid, 3-SW irons. Plus MD4 56,58,60 wedges. This was Nov-Dec 2019 while I got back into golf after 20 years off. Been working through clubs and golfing more, trying to get out once a week or more as of late. Work keeps getting in the way, lol. WITB as of this morning was:
3C07DEC7-86B1-47BA-9B6B-CB870BDED619.jpeg
Odyssey 7s putter. I need to work on that part of the bag. Moments after this photo was taken, my Costco Callaway bag fell over and left a giant mark on the edge of my Mav Max driver:beat-up:

Been waiting on the OL Radspeeds for a few months now, traded my 4i-AW for my 5-GW Rads. I’m holding off on ordering OL 4i, SW, and LW.

Going to keep my Rogue 18* 3i as a UT, and my Rogue 52 SW along with my MD4 56 LW. I originally ordered 56/58/60 wedges, but I didn’t have good results with the higher loft wedges.

I plan on working on a solution for my putter, the 7s is okay but I prefer something smaller and lighter.

WITB is always a work in progress. Thanks for looking. Suggestions always welcome. It’s always difficult to find clubs as a lefty.

Last edited:
As a fellow lefty, nice bag! Still got the Riptide in your fairway? That’s such an underrated shaft, especially where you want a bit of extra launch!

Yes, riptide in the HW. I hit the Rogue HW Well, and I hit this one even better. I couldn’t hit the Rogue 3w, will probably wait a bit before trying another. Have the Helium Black in my Mav Max driver, have considered trying a mav max 3w with one, but want to see that the new Epics are capable of. Or B21 from CPO once available. Will probably keep this mav max HW even if I go Radspeed on my driver/Fw.

Always nice to hear from a fellow lefty,
What are you hitting?

Yes, riptide in the HW. I hit the Rogue HW Well, and I hit this one even better. I couldn’t hit the Rogue 3w, will probably wait a bit before trying another. Have the Helium Black in my Mav Max driver, have considered trying a mav max 3w with one, but want to see that the new Epics are capable of. Or B21 from CPO once available. Will probably keep this mav max HW even if I go Radspeed on my driver/Fw.

Always nice to hear from a fellow lefty,
What are you hitting?
As of this moment, I've got the same bag as I was playing last year. The only exception is that I'm going to be doing some testing between my 5W and a utility iron in the spring!

Cobra F9 driver, Custom Project X shaft
Cobra F9 3 wood, Graphite Designs AD-DI
Cobra F8 5 wood, Graphite Designs AD-DI
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-P, Project X Rifle
Mizuno T-11 52*, Recoil
TaylorMade 56* and 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, customized by Space Bandito.

Testing will be a Srixon ZU85 in 18* and we'll see how I'm able to swing that in spring!

Any lefty’s please reply. It’s hard to find lefty clubs to hit. I will make a thread in the regional section at some point, so we can meet up and test out different clubs. Thanks for looking...

As of this moment, I've got the same bag as I was playing last year. The only exception is that I'm going to be doing some testing between my 5W and a utility iron in the spring!

Cobra F9 driver, Custom Project X shaft
Cobra F9 3 wood, Graphite Designs AD-DI
Cobra F8 5 wood, Graphite Designs AD-DI
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-P, Project X Rifle
Mizuno T-11 52*, Recoil
TaylorMade 56* and 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, customized by Space Bandito.

Testing will be a Srixon ZU85 in 18* and we'll see how I'm able to swing that in spring!

Lefty?
My main golf homie @tucsoncacti has both F9 and speedzone OL.. among others, he goes through more WITB than anyone I know, lol... he also loves the scotties. It’s hard for me to test many clubs as a lefty. I need to get out more and try some of the stores here in PHX tho.

Watching him hit OL and hearing his insights I had to try OL while I’m still redeveloping my swing. Eliminating variables is huge.

Look, I understand lefty should be same as righty. But in practice it’s not always so simple. So I’m always happy to hear from fellow lefty’s. In hindsight, I’d almost prefer
My parents teach me as a righty. My grandma always provided us with clubs as a kid and for that I’ll always be forever grateful.

Lefty?
My main golf homie @tucsoncacti has both F9 and speedzone OL.. among others, he goes through more WITB than anyone I know, lol... he also loves the scotties. It’s hard for me to test many clubs as a lefty. I need to get out more and try some of the stores here in PHX tho.

Watching him hit OL and hearing his insights I had to try OL while I’m still redeveloping my swing. Eliminating variables is huge.
I would love to have half the access to clubs and fitters that some other THP'ers enjoy. I have to buy most of my stuff sight unseen and then do on-course testing to see how I make out. Pretty limited up here for sure...

The F9 is a great range. And I love both my driver and fairway! Don't see them leaving anytime soon!

Solid looking setup....thanks for sharing.

Look, I understand lefty should be same as righty. But in practice it’s not always so simple. So I’m always happy to hear from fellow lefty’s. In hindsight, I’d almost prefer
My parents teach me as a righty. My grandma always provided us with clubs as a kid and for that I’ll always be forever grateful.
I'm always telling Nolan, hey borrow my clubs, give them a test. He's like "nope I'm a lefty" what's crazy though is I am actually left handed. But golf righty, kick right foot, shoot guns right handed, throw left handed. I think a lot of it stems from being right eye dominant.

Also Yes I have rotated my bag 3 times in last year, but getting OL speed zones is the last change for a while. I can no longer ignore the fact that if I don't get my iron game in order, I will always sit at a cap of high teens. But that's the life of a bogey golfer, 2/3 pauses of golf work, one keeps you back from making progress.

Great looking bag for someone who bats from the other side of the tee box!!!

How are the irons working out for you?

The Rogues are good clubs. I’m not crazy about the feel- especially 7-9i, but I think that has more to do with my swing and not the clubs. The AW is phenomenal. I was always better with the short irons but I can hit the hell out of the 4-6 with this set. The 4i is amazing. I’m hoping to keep the 3i in a utility role, and it’s the same length as my 5h to help with consistency.

I’m really looking forward to getting the Radspeed OL, just mailed off the 4-AW Rogues yesterday.

Radspeeds are here, and I booked a 9:30 tee time for tomorrow, rain is in the forecast but I’m hitting these babies regardless, lol.
47F9E878-CEAD-43F5-94A2-896883DB2016.jpeg779B7011-1E8B-4F5F-9FDB-9087EA512E3F.jpegB61CF961-8DCE-4A42-8693-453502F0D670.jpeg
Had to include a shot with the iron covers, lol.

Those are some nice bag pics. I was going to say the photos were reversed but I was able to read the writing on the heads so... lefty! And I saw the rest of the lefty posts so...(y)

I was going to say this is a great time to be a lefty golfer but that's CRAP. I was at my LGS the other week looking to hit the TourEdge C521's before I pulled the trigger... all they had were right handed clubs. I could at least see I didn't mind the look of them at address... but wound up getting a set of Mavrik Max irons. It was either those or a set of Rogue irons. In lefty. From CPO.(y)

If you're looking for a putter suggestion, Odyssey Strokelab 1. Lighter than a mallet. <-- I picked one up a few months ago from CPO for less than $100. It was listed on ebay but I found it on CPO.

Those are some nice bag pics. I was going to say the photos were reversed but I was able to read the writing on the heads so... lefty! And I saw the rest of the lefty posts so...(y)

I was going to say this is a great time to be a lefty golfer but that's CRAP. I was at my LGS the other week looking to hit the TourEdge C521's before I pulled the trigger... all they had were right handed clubs. I could at least see I didn't mind the look of them at address... but wound up getting a set of Mavrik Max irons. It was either those or a set of Rogue irons. In lefty. From CPO.(y)

If you're looking for a putter suggestion, Odyssey Strokelab 1. Lighter than a mallet. <-- I picked one up a few months ago from CPO for less than $100. It was listed on ebay but I found it on CPO.
Yeah I feel ya on finding lefty clubs. Last time I went to the local shops to look at putters, out of the 100+ lining the walls they had 3.

I think you will love the Mavs, I was considering a set from CPO but really wanted to give OL a try.

I’ve been considering a strokelab 1, but I really want to try a few different models before I buy again.

@Bowtiepower00 that's the beauty of CPO... if you don't like the club or clubs, they'll take them back. I think.:ROFLMAO: I've only purchased from them 2 times... my putter and my irons. I was going to put the irons in my bag but it was too cold in my garage today. Maybe tomorrow.:ROFLMAO:

@Bowtiepower00 that's the beauty of CPO... if you don't like the club or clubs, they'll take them back. I think.:ROFLMAO: I've only purchased from them 2 times... my putter and my irons. I was going to put the irons in my bag but it was too cold in my garage today. Maybe tomorrow.:ROFLMAO:
I’ve purchased quite a bit from them, irons, 2 drivers, 4 fairways, 4 wedges, Hybrids, lol. It’s hard for me to find clubs to hit as a lefty, and their return policy is great, so I just order stuff and return/ trade it if I don’t like em or want to try something new. My Rads were the first new clubs I’ve had since I was a kid, lol.

Update to my WITB. Finally got my Cobra collection complete, Snakebite Versatile 56 bent 1* weak, and Radspeed SW bent 1* strong to 53*, for that full internet golfer gapping. Also replaced the 7s with a King Grandsport 35. Radspeed XD 12* to replace the Mavrik Max, and a B21 3w from CPO. Really digging the new setup. I think I’m done for awhile. Probably not. Lol.

Here’s a photo from today’s round with @tucsoncacti and his Morgan Cup Cobra bag.
DCD21ACE-6CC4-4A9B-81C8-F0964667A8C1.jpeg

Never done, lol. Replaced the B21 with a Mav Max 5w, and the Rad SW and OL 57 with VL snakebites in 52 and 56.94B2E249-3D09-4031-A041-7EBD6B318F31.jpeg017B3568-6BA3-4ACE-A7CA-94663D7FC10C.jpegD07F48BB-3C33-4916-9E84-88C099F6FDF2.jpeg

WITB is done. Unless I win a THP Experience. Rad Xd driver. Mav Max 3, 5, HW. Callaway Rogue X 5h. Cobra Rad 6-G OL. Snakebite 52 and 56 VL. And Cobra Grandsport 35 putter. Have the OL SW and 56 on standby.
A4F495A3-FBF5-4776-9D1D-CF7B26CCE0CB.jpeg
All in a DaTrek bag.

Last edited:
There is something wrong with your camera or your clubs. They all look backwards. :ROFLMAO:

Back