WITB For A While?

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Out of your current WITB, which club could you see still being there 2 years from now?

For me I think my 2 hybrids could definitely be in the bag for a long time. I really like the gapping between them and I hit both of them really well. The 19* particularly gets me out of a lot of trouble and helps me move the ball down the fairway on longer holes. I have a lot of confidence swinging either of them so the thought of considering something new hasn't entered my mind. I also feel like the hybrid spot is a spot where technology isn't adding a ton of performance year over year so finding one you like makes you want to stay with it.

If I had to pick only 1 club it would be my hybrid, but I could easily see all the clubs in my bag still being there in 2 years time

Honestly none of them. Maybe the putter. I love to tinker and try new. The driving iron might be around but I’m already thinking about it’s replacement so I won’t hold my breath

My Epic Flash 7w is such a good fit for my bag. Keeping that one.

Two years! Whaaaaa...? That is a life time for me.
Anyway, two candidates:
G410 hybrid
Sim Ti 5 wood

2 years? Hmmm. Putter. And wedges. Everything else is up for grabs....within the next 6 months.

Maybe a putter. Everything else will change.

Compared hitting a Cleveland strong 5 wood (17 degrees) to my 3 iron last week.

The 5 wood stays if my buddy let's me keep it. ;)

My PM Grind wedge. That thing has saved my butt many times and is just fun to use.

Putter is probably the only club with a chance to still be in there in two years.

My wedges are there to stay indefinitely.

There is absolutely no telling. It could be none of it or could be all of it.

My PXG irons will be here in 2 years, not sure about everything else.

2 years?! that’s a long commitment. if anything, i’d say the puTTer. stroke lab marxman.

Oddly enough, it is a Hopkins CP1 super spoon 3 wood that I bought for $40. It is the least expensive club in the bag but that thing has been great. It has become my safety blanket off the tee and as long as it keeps my on the fairway off the tee, I can't justify taking it out of the bag.

My PM Grind wedge. That thing has saved my butt many times and is just fun to use.
Yeah, I rarely use a lob wedge so I do not wear one out. I love my Hi-Toe and I won't be buying anything in that slot for a long while either.

I could see my irons and putter staying...probably my hybrids as well. love my current 3w but I could see swapping it out for a newer model.

While I'm not dissatisfied with anything in my current bag, I could easily see the Mav Max 5w being there in two years, without hesitation.

None of them. I haven’t had any even in the bag for a year. I think I like tinkering with clubs and testing them more than I actually like golfing. I would live on the range testing different configurations if I could.

I can see the whole bag staying the same potentially, particularly if driven by economic reasons. The most tenuous spot is driver.

Dr K15
Hybrids 816 H1 19*, 23*
Irons MP4 4-PW
Wedges 52* SM6, 56* SM7
Putter Piretti Forza
1 spot available

Dave

My irons have been in the bag for about 7 years now, and this is the third year for my driver. I don't foresee changing anything drastic. Putters however seem to have a revolving door into and out of my bag.

Almost certainly my G410 plus driver.
Definitely my epic flash heavenwood
Almost certainly my P790 irons
Provided it doesn’t go cold, Odyssey O Works 1w putter.

In two years? I’d go with my putter. A second might be the F8 - 5W.

Back