WITB: Galen Marek

Okay final update. I think I’m done for a while now. Replaced the 4-iron with an Apex UT 24*. I got this one with a 5.5 shaft as opposed to my usual 6.0 because the beat irons I ever hit were the Yonex Rekin Super 10 forged. The shafts were lighter with lower kick points in the long irons and became heavier with a higher kick point in the short irons which has always made sense to me. So my thinking is a lighter, softer shaft in the UT will make it easier to get airborne.

Tinkering with my set-up is what has kept me sane during these weird times. Thank God Riverside courses open tomorrow or I was about to run into traffic soon. I don’t mind a 45-60 minute drive just to hit up a driving range.

e93bc4e41644ef2b308b1f4828f33bd5.jpg

a9b1fb7ed549416f75ea19ce1eeda295.jpg

All woods, 4-PW and the putter are D-4 and the wedges go D-4.5, D-5 and D-6.

I’m loving the offset and look of the PM 19 wedges and if I’m gonna make any further additions maybe I’ll give the PM 54 a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First two sentences made me lol!
Nice bag, some really nice clubs

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Headcovers are impressive & intimidating!

My friends say my bag is haunted.

First two sentences made me lol!
Nice bag, some really nice clubs

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I need to tell myself I’m done buying clubs to justify my purchases. Thank God for Callaway’s trade in policy.

Besides the Callaway 815 hybrid the other best hybrid I’ve ever used is the Titleist 913h which I should have never parted ways with. I’ve been unable to find one in mint condition so I went with this baby with a Project X Even Flow White.

c064ca97656bae5d9ecf0f61bee97782.jpg

So far so good. Not sure if she’s kicking anyone out of the bag but I like the look and feel.

Oops I did it again. Came with extra weights. D-2 stock weights @ 33” or E-7 with the aftermarket weights. I put a heavy in the heel to counteract my pushes and a stock in the toe for a D-9 swing weight.
8ae62a5a6779edca3f8e8b004cd30cb4.jpg

Feels amazing but unsure about looking down at it after a lifetime of 8802 and 9HT shapes.

Back