Heck of a nice set up there!

Gorgeous bag there bruh!

Appreciate that

I love seeing an old faithful people just keep in their bags. Everyone needs a binky. haha

haha it is my binky but new challenger coming !

Well, how about that. Five challengers up, 5 challengers down.

View attachment 8946893

best movie ever

Heck of a nice set up there!

Thank you

On a side note we have a late challenger to the 3w spot! With that said entries are officially closed so it's this one doesn't unseat the Nike then it's a wrap for 2020 fairway wood testing. Also another change might be happening with driver shaft. New challenger showed up (entries are never closed for driver haha). Also playing around with the long irons and possibly a hybrid addition. Big things happening! :rockon::starwars::guitar:

Appreciate that

haha it is my binky but new challenger coming !

best movie ever

Thank you

On a side note we have a late challenger to the 3w spot! With that said entries are officially closed so it's this one doesn't unseat the Nike then it's a wrap for 2020 fairway wood testing. Also another change might be happening with driver shaft. New challenger showed up (entries are never closed for driver haha). Also playing around with the long irons and possibly a hybrid addition. Big things happening! :rockon::starwars::guitar:

I am going to guess the new challenger is... The Mizuno ST200...

I am going to guess the new challenger is... The Mizuno ST200...

Thats a really good guess but not correct :censored: If you look at what i tested you will see a small gap in what i haven't tried in terms of a players 3 wood. That's all i will say!:p

Thats a really good guess but not correct :censored: If you look at what i tested you will see a small gap in what i haven't tried in terms of a players 3 wood. That's all i will say!:p

I feel like you have tried everything.. I thought the Cobra Tour big was going to take the cake... Tour edge pro maybe...

I feel like you have tried everything.. I thought the Cobra Tour big was going to take the cake... Tour edge pro maybe...

My issue with the Big Tour 3 was consistency. After a few rounds and shafts I couldn't figure it out. I either hit a great shot or an awful shot, not much in between. I'm learning that clubs with weights pushed forward do not work well for my swing. SIM drivers same way. SIM Max I like, SIM classic is awful for me.

Update:

So cobra is out and these two battled it out for the bag.
Update:

After multiple rounds with both I decided to go with the SIM Ti. Both are exceptional and perform on the course but in the end I chose the SIM because I could open the face and create a less left shot shape. TM did a great job slimming down the adapter so it's not very noticeable (something i wish callaway would do).

Anyway here's the rundown:

Distance: SIM Ti due to opening the face so i felt like i could go harder at it without the dreaded hook. Both are long though

Dispersion: SIM Ti - reason above

Looks: Cally Mavrik - love the shape more but it goes left for me

Off the deck - Cally Mavrik seemed easier to elevate off the deck. Not exactly sure why but it was very easy to get the ball up

Feel/Sound - Without melt the Cally mavrik feels better, feels more like the m2 of old with a little less crack. Sim Ti feels great though just not as good

In the end performance won out and the SIM Ti is in. Both look great behind the ball so i'm not sacrificing much even though i prefer the look of the Mavrik a bit more. It all came down to being able to dial the loft and face angle so i could take left out. If it was easier to bend woods i probably would have staying with the Mavrik but you can't and i'm not a tour player with a van that follows me around lol. Two great fwy woods though

Attachments

• AC0612A6-8BCC-4212-9EEC-52E7D67D9716.jpeg
    AC0612A6-8BCC-4212-9EEC-52E7D67D9716.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16
  • B871CB3C-24A5-4D48-91B6-012030CB649E.jpeg
    B871CB3C-24A5-4D48-91B6-012030CB649E.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 16
Update:

So cobra is out and these two battled it out for the bag.
Update:

After multiple rounds with both I decided to go with the SIM Ti. Both are exceptional and perform on the course but in the end I chose the SIM because I could open the face and create a less left shot shape. TM did a great job slimming down the adapter so it's not very noticeable (something i wish callaway would do).

Anyway here's the rundown:

Distance: SIM Ti due to opening the face so i felt like i could go harder at it without the dreaded hook. Both are long though

Dispersion: SIM Ti - reason above

Looks: Cally Mavrik - love the shape more but it goes left for me

Off the deck - Cally Mavrik seemed easier to elevate off the deck. Not exactly sure why but it was very easy to get the ball up

Feel/Sound - Without melt the Cally mavrik feels better, feels more like the m2 of old with a little less crack. Sim Ti feels great though just not as good

In the end performance won out and the SIM Ti is in. Both look great behind the ball so i'm not sacrificing much even though i prefer the look of the Mavrik a bit more. It all came down to being able to dial the loft and face angle so i could take left out. If it was easier to bend woods i probably would have staying with the Mavrik but you can't and i'm not a tour player with a van that follows me around lol. Two great fwy woods though

That Sim Ti is so good. Nice!

That Sim Ti is so good. Nice!

It really is. SIM Ti won by a mile (literally lol). It was much more consistent and another 10yds longer which was shocking. I dropped in my old Aldila RIP Alpha 80X which is just a great fairway wood shaft for me. It's lights out and maybe my favorite club in the bag at the moment.

Update on the driver:

Long story short a driver change has been made. Xtreme (Cobra) has been good but after hitting some lower spin options I realized I was leaving a lot on the table. Basically my launch numbers weren't optimized because to get spin down low enough I had to deloft the driver which messed my LA up and I lost a lot of carry. So I grabbed a SIM and SIM Max and had some success (max was the better of the two) but ultimately settled on good ol Ping. The G410LST was the best of both worlds with low spin and decent MOI. What i really liked about the PING and why it won was my ability to adjust shot shop and spin without changing loft. I also dropped in a Fuji Ventus Black (7X) which has me hitting mid/high trajectory shots with spin around 2300.

Settings are:
Rear weight: Fade
Loft/lie : 9* in Flat setting
D4
Tipped 1/2"

This combo has me finding the center of the club face WAY more often and i've increased fairways hit by 15% in the last 3 rounds. Driver dispersion is the weakest part of my game so to be averaging 68% of fairways is great.

1597502676620.png
1597502712651.png

Update on the driver:

Long story short a driver change has been made. Xtreme (Cobra) has been good but after hitting some lower spin options I realized I was leaving a lot on the table. Basically my launch numbers weren't optimized because to get spin down low enough I had to deloft the driver which messed my LA up and I lost a lot of carry. So I grabbed a SIM and SIM Max and had some success (max was the better of the two) but ultimately settled on good ol Ping. The G410LST was the best of both worlds with low spin and decent MOI. What i really liked about the PING and why it won was my ability to adjust shot shop and spin without changing loft. I also dropped in a Fuji Ventus Black (7X) which has me hitting mid/high trajectory shots with spin around 2300.

Settings are:
Rear weight: Fade
Loft/lie : 9* in Flat setting
D4
Tipped 1/2"

This combo has me finding the center of the club face WAY more often and i've increased fairways hit by 15% in the last 3 rounds. Driver dispersion is the weakest part of my game so to be averaging 68% of fairways is great.

View attachment 8958066
View attachment 8958067
THAT is a mean looking driver.
I have a G410 std and I cant quite get it dialed in. I really like the feel with the weight moved toe side but it seems to add too much fade bias for me. So I decided to order a weight kit on the bay. Thinking a 8g rear, 6g toe setup might be really nice.

THAT is a mean looking driver.
I have a G410 std and I cant quite get it dialed in. I really like the feel with the weight moved toe side but it seems to add too much fade bias for me. So I decided to order a weight kit on the bay. Thinking a 8g rear, 6g toe setup might be really nice.

Lighter weight might help but also try putting the weight back in the neutral position and putting the driver on the flat setting.

Back