WITB - Winners Week Ending 9/4/11

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Webb Simpson
PGA Tour: Deutsche Bank Championship
Driver: Titleist 909D3 (10.5 degree; UST Mamiya AxivCore 69 shaft)
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F 3-wood (13.5 degree; UST Mamiya VTS 8X shaft) and Titleist 910F 5-wood (17 with UST Mamiya VTS 8X shaft)
Hybrid: Titleist 910H (21 degree; Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105 shaft)
Irons (4-PW): TItleist 680 (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design TVD (54 and 58 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts)
Putter: Ping G5i Craz-E belly
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Thomas Bjorn
European Tour: European Masters
Driver: Callaway RAZR Hawk (9.5 degree; Fujikura Rombax shaft)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 3-wood (15 degree)
Hybrid: Callaway Heavenwood (20 degree) and Callaway Diablo Edge Tour (21 degree)
Irons (4-PW): Callaway X-Prototype
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged
Putter: Odyssey Black Series i X #1
Ball: Callaway Tour i(z)

Gary Christian
Nationwide Tour: Mylan Classic
Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Tour (8.5 degree)
Fairway Wood: Cleveland HiBore XLS 3-wood (13 degree; Aldila VS Proto 80 shaft)
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro a12 (16 degree) and Adams Idea Pro Black (20 and 24 degree)
Iron (5): Cleveland CG 1 Tour
Irons (6-9): Cleveland CG Tour
Wedges: Cleveland CG16 (48, 54 and 60 degree)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Interesting looking bags there. Love seeing all the different clubs in the bags.

Interesting looking bags there. Love seeing all the different clubs in the bags.

Agreed, it is very interesting. You would kinda expect to see the latest and greatest equipment but I see a 909 driver, Heavenwood, & Diablo Edge. Also cool to see Gary with the Adams a12 hybrid as that would seem to be the matching hybrid to the set that is about to be reviewed (a12 OS). Good stuff!

It crazy to see a pro using so Manu hybrids and starting his irons with a 5 iron.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Agreed, it is very interesting. You would kinda expect to see the latest and greatest equipment but I see a 909 driver, Heavenwood, & Diablo Edge. Also cool to see Gary with the Adams a12 hybrid as that would seem to be the matching hybrid to the set that is about to be reviewed (a12 OS). Good stuff!

Sorry to burst your bubble cookie, but the a12 OS hybrid is not the same at all as the Idea Pro a12 hybrid that the pros have in their bag. a12 OS hybrid is much bigger, also has the "velocity slot" on it. a12 OS hybrid on top, Idea Pro a12 on bottom below.

adams-golf-idea-a12os-hybrid-2.jpg

Adams%20A12%20Pro%20Hybrid.png

It crazy to see a pro using so Manu hybrids and starting his irons with a 5 iron.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I thought the same thing, but it obviously works. Maybe I should try adding more hybrids to my bag.

I'm also surprised so much older equipment. Just shows you don't need the latesest to win

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Loving this... Some great bags there. Loving Bjorn's!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Sorry to burst your bubble cookie, but the a12 OS hybrid is not the same at all as the Idea Pro a12 hybrid that the pros have in their bag. a12 OS hybrid is much bigger, also has the "velocity slot" on it. a12 OS hybrid on top, Idea Pro a12 on bottom below.

adams-golf-idea-a12os-hybrid-2.jpg

Adams%20A12%20Pro%20Hybrid.png

Gotcha - thanks for the info! I knew it was a risky assumption which is why I said seems to be. I will better work my Google searches next time! :D

At the cottage we turned on the Deutsche Bank over the weekend. I saw Webb's putter. I said, "That's a Ping Craz-E." My in-laws thought it was impressive that I know that just by looking at the shape. My wife said, "You need to stop going to that THP site." I told her to stop being crazy, or I was going to put her in a home.

Gary Christain rocking 3 hybrids including a 24*. Nice to see.

Interesting that Simpson plays a 10.5 degree driver. He might have a slight descending blow with the driver.

I like seeing the Callaway gear myself :)

Man, Bjorn is having some year, so is Simpson,

Congrats to Christian, that should lock up his PGA Tour card for next year. He must be on cloud 9.

Back