Wooden tees or plastic?

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
Just wondering whether you use wooden or plastic golf tees?

I use wooden for irons, hybrids & fairway woods off the tee. I use a large plastic tee for the driver.

Just wondering whether you use wooden or plastic golf tees?

I use wooden for irons, hybrids & fairway woods off the tee. I use a large plastic tee for the driver.

I'm 100% natural. :smile-big: I only use wooden tees.

Wooden tees. I keep a couple in my pocket but I usually use broken ones I find on the tee boxes. I use the new ones when I can't find a decent broken one to use. May change next year if I find a driver I can hit (I use a 3-wood for tee shots).

Wood only

Myself as well...

Wooden. (I do hope you're picking up your broken plastic tees...right?)

We should not be picking up broken plastic tees, and here is why (this especially for Julie since she quoted Mr. Carlin earlier):

This is from George Carlin's "The Planet is Fine" routine . . .

"The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed, and if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new pardigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?” Plastic…asshole.
So, the plastic is here, our job is done, we can be phased out now."

So please, leave the plastic tees where they fall. The earth needs them.

The whole text of that routine can be found at http://gospelofreason.wordpress.com/2007/05/24/george-carlin-the-planet-is-fine/.

(Surely I needn't explain why Carlin is not an environmentalist, right?)

But OK, I'll be more specific -

I'll pick up my plastic tees because I'm not a lazy hack. :angel:

That will work . . . and I'm glad I don't use plastic tees!

(Surely I needn't explain why Carlin is not an environmentalist, right?)

Actually, he is now . . . .specifically he is being recycled as we speak (I am going on the assumption that he was not cremated, but very likely, he was).

Here is a full video of one of his shows, the part I am talking about is about the 44 minute mark. This is also the show where he talked about homelessness and golf courses. Funny funny man.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2000718611607454884

Both.

I use plastic (Brush T or Zero Friction) with the driver and woods.

Wood tees with iron or hybrid on par 3's.

.... and there's subcategories of wooden tees. There's an Australian company which makes wooden tees out of bamboo. It claims (1) they don't break as much because will bend more with the club strike. (2) they're environmentally friendly b/c they breakdown over time (after use).

As expected they're a bit more expensive than the cheap wooden tees we buy that used to be a sensitive rain forest somewhere.

Does anyone know of anything like this in the U.S.?

.... and there's subcategories of wooden tees. There's an Australian company which makes wooden tees out of bamboo. It claims (1) they don't break as much because will bend more with the club strike. (2) they're environmentally friendly b/c they breakdown over time (after use).

As expected they're a bit more expensive than the cheap wooden tees we buy that used to be a sensitive rain forest somewhere.

Does anyone know of anything like this in the U.S.?

Not heard of it, I'd be curious to know!

Hey Josh - an environmentally friendly golf column, with reviews?

I use small wooden tees for my 5 wood and plastic for my driver. I was using wood tees for the driver but I would destroy them every time, where the plastic hold up longer for me.

Josh & I have been talking about this one. I'll make an approach next week with a view to doing a review.

Hey Josh - an environmentally friendly golf column, with reviews?

Not a bad idea because we just received two lines of clothing that are based on this.

One of these companies is really cool and their clothes look amazing. And the best part is, when the review goes live late next week, everyone of the forum members gets 40% off of anything we review. Its not a sale, it is strictly for the members here.

... And the best part is, when the review goes live late next week, everyone of the forum members gets 40% off of anything we review. Its not a sale, it is strictly for the members here.

Outstanding Josh!!

Outstanding Josh!!

Whoops. Brad, one thing I forgot to mention is that the higher end line with the sale is for ladies clothes only.

Whoops. Brad, one thing I forgot to mention is that the higher end line with the sale is for ladies clothes only.

Wooden tees for me, and only white or natural. Bought a bag of the super long ones, but just broke one everytime so now I use the medium length for the driver and broken ones for the fairway woods and irons.

I am using wooden tees, I bought a package of those brush tees but haven't tried it yet. I actually don't think it is tall enough to use with my driver, should have bought the XL.

Like THAT'S gonna stop Brad? :laugh: That's right up his alley!

How pathetic is this? On this forum for nine days, and this is post #300.

You're a perfect game, if we were bowling! :banana:

Cheeky. :blowkiss: One freudian slip :foot-in-mouth: & now I'm a cross-dresser!!! :dohanim:

Yeah but he works from home most of the time and it's his baby, so 300 is actually low....

Compared to Josh, yes. I don't work from home and this isn't my baby. Hence the pathetic nature of my post statistics.

Back