Work anniversary....yours ?

Retired fro AT&T with 35 yeaers, now 11 years as a school bus driver, summers are off and time for 9 during day.

2 years, mainly to upping and leaving the UK to move to the US. If I had stayed, I’d probably be approaching my 22nd year.

It's interesting seeing how long people stay! I work in IT and always sort of learned it was "3 and out" if you wanted to move up - either advance in 3 years or leave. I've been on a weird trend over the last 6 years or so of hitting 18 months until something happens, either out of my control or a new opportunity presents. Current job just passed 2 years and I'm not looking, so maybe things are headed in the other direction. After all those changes, some stability would be nice.

Hey, today is day 20. Yep, 20 whole days! Plant closed in feb. interviewed 14x and went to corp hq for a company in march who shelved job due to covid. Then all hell broke loose. Finally landed a job. So, i might be the shortest on this list. But i am working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 years at my current company and was just told I'm being replaced. Job hunt is on and I really thought I would finish my career here.
That's rough, hopefully your job market is decent for you. Lots of unemployment right now in both enter level and mid level careers.

That's rough, hopefully your job market is decent for you. Lots of unemployment right now in both enter level and mid level careers.
Maybe time to relocate to a warmer climate. Western NY gets pretty cold.

Just hit 14 years at the job this year. They've been good to me and there are still a lot of opportunities there so see myself being there for a while.

I've completed 26 years in the industry, and 12 at my current spot. Fully anticipate staying here until either the airline industry collapses and I'm furloughed or retirement arrives in another 12-15 years.

Hit 36 years last month, and have held eight different positions over the years. With a few recent retirements, I'm now in the top five for longevity here.

8 years at my current company, 10 at the previous all in the same industry.

I’m 42 and trying to decide my next move. The longest I’ve stayed at 1 place was 12 years. i started my own business and Covid massacred it. Right now, I just need my wife to finish all her cancer treatments, pass the PE exam in a couple of weeks and then decide if I want to work for someone else the next 20 years.

Good luck on the PE. Make sure to have a backup calculator! Which version are you taking?

Started in my first job out of college as an intern. Was there for 8 years. Then just short of 6 years at my last job. I was furloughed in March, and started at my current position 5 months ago.

30 years ago today, I walked in the front door of this building. Little did I know I would be staying here this long.
3 more years and I will walk out and retire.

How long have you worked at your job ?
I'm 8.5 yrs in my current job.
12y 10m at my old job (so 21+ total)
1 y no real job after college (pops died & life was complicated. Then I got my (bleep) together)
On pace to retire early in 12 yrs. (knocking on wood)

Good luck on the PE. Make sure to have a backup calculator! Which version are you taking?

Started in my first job out of college as an intern. Was there for 8 years. Then just short of 6 years at my last job. I was furloughed in March, and started at my current position 5 months ago.
Control Systems Engineering. I’m not too concerned as I’ve been doing this for 20 years. I’ve gone through the practice test and my study guide and it’s all review.

Prior to this company, my longest stint was 6 years. Early in my career, I was changing jobs every 6 months to a year, because it was the mid 90s and IT money was silly.

In January I will be here 12 years.

One of my coworkers is 62 and lookign to retire soon. He joined this company when I was in grade school and I am 50.

About 6.5 years at my current job

I have been self employed for 22 years. I am basically semi retired now. I still work but I also play golf almost everyday. I could fully retire but I don’t think I would like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 years now.

Come 10/15, it will be 30 years since I was hired by NYPD.

Come 10/23, it'll be 10 years since I retired from NYPD.

Congrats! I did just under 30 years with my department - 1984 to 2013.

2 years in Feb

Congrats on the anniversary

I'm at 29+ years currently and the plan is to retire next November, or 3 bad days, whichever comes first.

I guess I can't hide from "The List" forever. :eek:

21 years at my current job, prior to that it was 12 years (although my current employer was my customer for 5 years).

Back