Work anniversary....yours ?

30 years ago today, I walked in the front door of this building. Little did I know I would be staying here this long.
3 more years and I will walk out and retire.

How long have you worked at your job ?
Jan 9th 4 years ago. Hope to retire out of this door.

21 years at my current company and was just told I'm being replaced. Job hunt is on and I really thought I would finish my career here.
Sorry, that sucks.

Actually been with this company since before I officially graduated college (internship then hired permanently). HR says I've got 36.5 years. Fortunately, I've had many, many different positions within the company (development, test, field support, customer service, and management a few different times over those 36 years). I'm a lifer now but will probably work at least another full year before I decide on retirement.

I’m 42 and trying to decide my next move. The longest I’ve stayed at 1 place was 12 years. i started my own business and Covid massacred it. Right now, I just need my wife to finish all her cancer treatments, pass the PE exam in a couple of weeks and then decide if I want to work for someone else the next 20 years.

18 years 2 months, 8 years 10 months till I retire!

19 yrs and a half years. I have a year and a half until my 3rd sabbatical.

10 years this upcoming March, kind of crazy to think I’ve been with the same company the past decade. If you talked to me 10 years ago I would have said I’d be working for 3-4 companies in the first 10 years out of school.

5 years next month.

January 19 where I work now. Will be 2 years since I came back and 6 years total. I work for Humana.

June 1st this year marked 20 years straight out of college for me. The company has let me change career paths a couple of times so definitely planning on staying if they continue to have me,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just completed day 7 at my new job after spending 13.5 with the Department of Corrections. I’m now working with the Courts.

Come 10/15, it will be 30 years since I was hired by NYPD.

Come 10/23, it'll be 10 years since I retired from NYPD.

Actually been with this company since before I officially graduated college (internship then hired permanently). HR says I've got 36.5 years. Fortunately, I've had many, many different positions within the company (development, test, field support, customer service, and management a few different times over those 36 years). I'm a lifer now but will probably work at least another full year before I decide on retirement.
L
Come 10/15, it will be 30 years since I was hired by NYPD.

Come 10/23, it'll be 10 years since I retired from NYPD.

thank you for your service.

January will be 23 years for me. Pretty good for 39 years old! I started at the bottom and now I'm here. I'm a financial planner with my own clients and all is good!

last month marked my 16th year.

In 6 weeks... 40 years. No regrets.
One downside of Covid, that this month would normally be the “Service Award Dinner”. Mingle with the honchos, free eats and drinks and a monetary bonus, all at the Marriott Marquis. And unlike previous (20 & 30 yr) dinners, my wife would be coming along. Except I’m presuming that it will be cancelled. No “official” word, but highly unlikely...

One month into my 23rd year. Have to get in 30 years for my retirement, but at least as of right now I'm planning to go 33 or 34.

Longest I stayed at any company was 3 years, mostly to jump and get bigger pay increases and titles. I think I can ride this one out to retirement, currently 3.5 years in, 30 to go

33 years as a practicing attorney. Almost 28 with current employer.

I am coming up on my third anniversary.

I’m 42, yet I have social security statements proving I’ve been paying taxes at my current company for 35 years. Yes, I was on payroll at 8. It’s time to do something else.

Just passed 3 years in July. Did a little over 4 at the previous company. 6 month before that after my prevous company of 4 years got bought by Oracle. 4 years at the job before that after 2 years auditing post college. I think I'm pretty consistent at the 4 year mark although I won't start looking at 4 years with this current one.

I hit 20 years at my company last week. Never in a million years did I think I would be here that long, for various reasons. It did help with my intercontinental move though as we're global and I managed to get pretty much my exact position in Canada. I've done 5 different roles throughout that time though, feel a little stuck now (even before COVID) not sure where to go or what to do after so long.

10 years same firm... Not as long as you gentlemen but for the industry is a great length of time.

Back