Worked out w/an Athlete

You don't have to say anything to them at all. Let them live their lives. People wonder why athletes and celebrities are jerks, it's because people go out of their way to say things to them. Even if the words are kind, they are rarely asked for or wanted.

I've only met one ex Green Bay Packer. But... it was in my house, nice guy too.
Having both lived and worked in Green Bay for years, I saw Packer players and coaches all the time. You have to respect them enough to give them time to live their life. If we make eye contact, I will tip my cap or give a wave, and then let them be.

I wouldn't ask for an autograph in that situation of any celebrity. Maybe outside of the building, but not when they are there to do something. Same as I wouldn't go up to a celeb in a restaurant when they are there with their family for dinner. It's rude. If you just see them on the street sure, maybe, but not when they are in the middle of something. Saying "Hi" is a totally different thing. But asking for an autograph in that situation is uncalled for.

Except for Jennifer Aniston or Sandra Bullock. They are on my "list" hehehe. So I would have no choice but to let them know it's OK for them to leave with me.

+1 thats the one celeb who I would have to talk to no matter where I saw her.

I have never worked out with any famous athlete however I played sports when I was younger and seen some pretty large dudes. With no doubt the guy with the biggest pipes I have ever seen, is our own Dirt Guy on THP. You can ask the guys that went to the South Eastern outing in Blairsville about his arms/ biceps. Unfrecking real to say the least. You can't help but stare as it looks like someone pumped his arms up with an air compressor.

Come to the gym with me when you are here and you can see those arms up close.
I will, but I think JB is scared that I'd make a fool of myself. He clearly over estimates my admiration for Eldrick T. Woods, see nobody is that great that I'd gush over them in public. I accidentally found myself on the wrong side of the ropes and walked pretty much stride for stride with Jack Nicklaus at the 1993 Masters by accident, made eye contact and just said "go get em Jack" as he was approaching the #1 tee for his practice round.

I have never worked out with any famous athlete however I played sports when I was younger and seen some pretty large dudes. With no doubt the guy with the biggest pipes I have ever seen, is our own Dirt Guy on THP. You can ask the guys that went to the South Eastern outing in Blairsville about his arms/ biceps. Unfrecking real to say the least. You can't help but stare as it looks like someone pumped his arms up with an air compressor.
I agree, DirtGuy is a monster, probably throws VW Bugs down the street for his workouts.

In my 20s and 30s I belonged to McClurg Court and the East Bank Health Clubs in Chicago. Worked out with many famous people and athletes. A few pick up basketball games with MJ. As a member, it is always best to ignore their fame.

I am not a good b ball player. The really good athletes would let me get a shot or 2 off occasionally.

It was cool seeing how pro athletes work out after injuries or lay offs. Very humbling.

I have never, nor would ever ask anyone for an autograph. They are just people. Asking for an autograph makes one a jock sniffer.

you have this pic taped under the bill of your THP hat don't you? lol
I know you would get used to it, but still pretty darn cool if you ask me.

I thought this pic Nike Golf posted on Facebook was pretty cool, he has massive arms!
168136_494608423257_96946928257_5869122_5106104_n.jpg

did he give you the old tip o the cap?
I will, but I think JB is scared that I'd make a fool of myself. He clearly over estimates my admiration for Eldrick T. Woods, see nobody is that great that I'd gush over them in public. I accidentally found myself on the wrong side of the ropes and walked pretty much stride for stride with Jack Nicklaus at the 1993 Masters by accident, made eye contact and just said "go get em Jack" as he was approaching the #1 tee for his practice round.

did he give you the old tip o the cap?
First he looked at me like what in the hell are you doing on this side of the rope, I totally wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and ended up right next to him in the players walk way from the range to the #1 tee, then he just smiled and said thanks. All the while my cousin was walking in shock as he held his video camera rather than getting footage of me and Jack heading to our tee time. Funny stuff.

you have this pic taped under the bill of your THP hat don't you? lol
And folded up in by back pocket, and another on my wall at work, then I have the one on my bathroom mirror, and hanging in my workout room next to my weights. Other than that nothing, see I'm not obsessed.

I see a Tiger tatoo in your future...
And folded up in by back pocket, and another on my wall at work, then I have the one on my bathroom mirror, and hanging in my workout room next to my weights. Other than that nothing, see I'm not obsessed.

Looks like everyone in that weight room is just staring at him. That would annoy me. Was this a picture for Nike?

Looks like everyone in that weight room is just staring at him. That would annoy me. Was this a picture for Nike?
Yeah it was some promotional thing more than anything I think. The pic was taken while he was visiting the Nike Headquarters, there are a few others of him talking about apparel, one of him doing voice overs for something, another of him looking at new sunglasses, so basically a day at Nike and it included a workout.

Maybe something like this
Spoiler
tattoo-fail-22.jpg
I would shoot myself in the face if I ever did something that stupid!

PS- How you been Mo? Long time no see, I think I saw you post a few things lately but never remembered to give you a shout out!

I would shoot myself in the face if I ever did something that stupid!

PS- How you been Mo? Long time no see, I think I saw you post a few things lately but never remembered to give you a shout out!

LOL, for some reason the other day I did a search for tattoo fails and found some truly hideous artwork.

I've been good, just doing more lurking than posting.

This might have been ages ago - but I thought I read that Tiger liked to work out in private b/c he liked to keep his work outs a secret (for competitive reasons). Anyone else ever heard that?

i think all of tigers secrets are out now hahaha oopsie

I honestly don't know if that is true or not but if it was true it isn't anymore because I see him at the gym all the time. Well, except when he is traveling of course.

This might have been ages ago - but I thought I read that Tiger liked to work out in private b/c he liked to keep his work outs a secret (for competitive reasons). Anyone else ever heard that?

I honestly don't know if that is true or not but if it was true it isn't anymore because I see him at the gym all the time. Well, except when he is traveling of course.
I'm surprised. I would think he'd have his own gym and trainer.

Back