Worked out w/an Athlete

I think he's trying to reinvent himself as being more approachable working out in public .
I could be wrong though .

Off topic : I got to eat dinner with Jeff Gordon & Brooke ( later his first wife ) back in 93 at Daytona Beach :D

I think he's trying to reinvent himself as being more approachable working out in public .
I could be wrong though .

Off topic : I got to eat dinner with Jeff Gordon & Brooke ( later his first wife ) back in 93 at Daytona Beach :D

Yeah I dont think that is it. Its still a private gym and its still in a pretty decent area. I think he likes his trainer and that is where she trains. I could be wrong though as well.

I think this is awesome. But if I saw Tiger anywhere, I would have to at least say "hi" and try to strike up a conversation.

I think this is awesome. But if I saw Tiger anywhere, I would have to at least say "hi" and try to strike up a conversation.

I think I would try to blather out a "hi" as well. I'd probably trip over my tongue. Regardless, it'd be pretty cool to have someone like that in the gym.

I'm surprised. I would think he'd have his own gym and trainer.

He does have his own trainer and I believe she uses this gym to do the training. I also think he knows that he won't be bothered here so he doesn't worry about it. But I am not really going to try and speculate on what someone thinks or why they do what they do. I am just glad I get to see him at the gym every now and then because I really enjoy watching his workouts. It's very motivated and just flat out amazing. He has insane balance!

He does have his own trainer and I believe she uses this gym to do the training. I also think he knows that he won't be bothered here so he doesn't worry about it. But I am not really going to try and speculate on what someone thinks or why they do what they do. I am just glad I get to see him at the gym every now and then because I really enjoy watching his workouts. It's very motivated and just flat out amazing. He has insane balance!
I'm pretty impressed with his flexibility and coordination with his arms being so darn big. Normally when you see a buff football player or something you can just tell they don't have the flexibility and coordination to even hit a golf ball, let alone be one of the top golfers in the world.

I imagine his flexibility is amazing as well. I would think he wouldn't want to get too bulky as that would affect his flexibility, but I really don't know.

Personally, I think this thread shows how much interest people still have in Tiger.

We Americans love our heros and our train wrecks, all the more when it is a hero in the train wreck.

I think this is really cool. I haven't checked into this thread in a while because I thought without a name it was useless, but understood the privacy issues and I am respectful of that. Now it's really awesome.

Would love to talk spearfishing with the man but wouldn't bother him while he's working out. I'd wear a tournament shirt that hopefully grabbed his eye and he'd say something.

I think this is really cool. I haven't checked into this thread in a while because I thought without a name it was useless, but understood the privacy issues and I am respectful of that. Now it's really awesome.

Would love to talk spearfishing with the man but wouldn't bother him while he's working out. I'd wear a tournament shirt that hopefully grabbed his eye and he'd say something.
You're going about it all wrong Biggsy, what you do is make sure you're right in same area as him, say he's getting off a bike or a treadmill and before he is about to finish up you go to the sink and get yourself just soaking wet so it looks like sweat, then as he's getting off the machine you basically go and act out the most dramatic case of dehydration and just literally pass out right at his feet, be dramatic too, OMG that run nearly KILLED ME, OHHHH then down you go. He'll obviously react by checking to see if you're ok, you keep on playing it up and him and everyone else believe that he saved your life. Then you basically thank him profusely, call him your hero and then talk about how you're hoping this doesn't affect your status for the upcoming spear fishing tournament you're getting ready for. Boom, you're in. Next thing you know you're on "Privacy" with him sipping Chianti spear fishing with your boy TW... not that I've thought about this or anything, just throwing something out there.

You're going about it all wrong Biggsy, what you do is make sure you're right in same area as him, say he's getting off a bike or a treadmill and before he is about to finish up you go to the sink and get yourself just soaking wet so it looks like sweat, then as he's getting off the machine you basically go and act out the most dramatic case of dehydration and just literally pass out right at his feet, be dramatic too, OMG that run nearly KILLED ME, OHHHH then down you go. He'll obviously react by checking to see if you're ok, you keep on playing it up and him and everyone else believe that he saved your life. Then you basically thank him profusely, call him your hero and then talk about how you're hoping this doesn't affect your status for the upcoming spear fishing tournament you're getting ready for. Boom, you're in. Next thing you know you're on "Privacy" with him sipping Chianti spear fishing with your boy TW... not that I've thought about this or anything, just throwing something out there.

BEST PLAN YET! Too bad Biggsy is not a chick - might work even better.

dude, we really, really need to talk about your Tiger fantasy....lol

dude, we really, really need to talk about your Tiger fantasy....lol
Hey that was a suggestion for Biggsy, I don't want to do that! Besides my plan is slightly different, I'd ask him to spot me and load up 400 lbs on the bench press bar and when I ultimately drop that bar down onto my chest he'd have to save my life by pulling it off me. But that's my plan, can't give that one to Biggsy.

Dude, you are crazy.

I think it would be really cool to hang out with him, minus the whole infidelity stuff and of course his wealth and fame, we have a lot in common.

you could show him pics from the last Halloween party you went to as well...great ice breaker!
Dude, you are crazy.

I think it would be really cool to hang out with him, minus the whole infidelity stuff and of course his wealth and fame, we have a lot in common.

Haha you guys are so funny! I saw him at the gym yesterday and he was doing a part of the workout you saw in the pictures Nike posted. I have thought about "accidentally" bumping into him but I just can't bring myself to do it. I smile when I walk past him but that's about it. He is honestly so into his workout he doesn't really seem to be aware of anything else going on around him.

It's fun to kid around about it but I'd be just like you GG, I hope to make eye contact and give him the ol guy's nod but that would be about it. Believe it or not I would not get all gushy start struck and follow him into the locker room and shower next to him or something. He is just a person trying to get a workout in after all. I love that he's really intense when doing his workouts, I'll bet his workout routine would bring some NFL safeties to their knees.

with some of the other ideas floating around here? falling down in front of him, bumping into him? yeah you're probably right. just use him for his practice holes at the new casa de Tiger
I feel like I am getting dating advice.

It's fun to kid around about it but I'd be just like you GG, I hope to make eye contact and give him the ol guy's nod but that would be about it. .

I'm with you on that, it's happened to me before and it just doesn't feel right to approach someone like that on their time.

Mumble something about college sports. That'll catch his ear.

lol. Does JB read this thread???

I have thought about "accidentally" bumping into him but I just can't bring myself to do it. I smile when I walk past him but that's about it.

Just checked this thread and realized it now had a name. Doesn't he have some ridiculous gym at his new house, why does he venture out with the mortals?

Back