Working in the Golf Industry

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
With many of the major manufacturers being based out of the west coast it's difficult to find jobs in the Northeast to work in the golf industry. The closest being Titleist in MA, are there other ways to land jobs working remotely for major golf manufacturers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sales.
Of if it is really something you want, move to where the companies are.

Online marketing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JB pretty much nailed it. regional sales would be your best bet.

Yes as a territory manager you could work for any of the golf manufacturers in the northeast.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sales.
Of if it is really something you want, move to where the companies are.

Best way to get started? I've look at job listings with many companies, but most show that the job is based at their headquarters.

Best way to get started? I've look at job listings with many companies, but most show that the job is based at their headquarters.

Submit a resume to the proper person or dept or look for job openings and apply.

Submit a resume to the proper person or dept or look for job openings and apply.

Been trying to get in touch with the right people at some places. Some of the normal application channels haven't turned up much, that's why I ask here. Thanks for the info, figured you definitely know a bit about the industry!

You really need to be prepared to move to SoCal if you want to work for an OEM.

You really need to be prepared to move to SoCal if you want to work for an OEM.

The only thing I would say is there are multiple OEMs in Chicago, TX and AZ.

This is something I've thought about before and it's exactly what everyone is saying, without moving there are not a ton of options. I'm currently in sales and would love to find an opportunity in the sales field but even that seems tough to come across in my area of the country (no mans land!).

Move to somewhere you can golf all year and land a job with OEM, seems like win win.

I've often wondered if I could support my family if I gave up the construction meat-grinder and worked as a sales rep for a golf OEM, and maybe supplemented that by working at a golf course.
Probably not.

I've often wondered if I could support my family if I gave up the construction meat-grinder and worked as a sales rep for a golf OEM, and maybe supplemented that by working at a golf course.
Probably not.

Most sales reps in my experience have to rep multiple lines including soft goods and hard goods to get by unless you get hired on by the big 4 (Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Titleist).

Most sales reps in my experience have to rep multiple lines including soft goods and hard goods to get by unless you get hired on by the big 4 (Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Titleist).

Yep. I have a friend who reps a golf company and then also does brooks brothers and two other companies

Probably not.
Probably not the industry as a whole just doesnt pay real well at most levels

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I thought golf digest had an article about how much different positions in the golf world paid. You might want to check it out. It was back a few months ago. For some reason for a REP for a major OEM the average was around $80K. No clue if that is acurate or not. Keep in mind that is a rep for a major OEM, likely with experience

80k doesn't go very far in Carlsbad

Back