TwoGlovesGarcia

Reaction score
Handicap
Congrats to Matt Kuchar and Gary Woodland for winning the World Cup. They finished -24 to edge England (Poulter, Rose), Germany (Kaymer, Cejka) and Ireland (McIlroy, McDowell), among others.

This is the 24th time the US has won the event, but the first time since Woods/O'Meara in 1999.

Afterwards, Kooch said he thought Woodland played better than any other individual in the field. It would be nice to see them make the Ryder Cup and be able to team up next year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agreed. Very good to see the Americans get a win here, especially without their best team against some countries that did offer their best (Ireland and Germany are what I'm thinking). Though it would be cool to see the Americans put their best (Kuchar and Mickelson IMO) against the best of countries such as Ireland (already had their best) and England (Donald and Westwood) and others. Still a great event and congrats to Kuchar and Woodland!

i got up @ 3.30am to watch this and they were faultless tee to green.

gary woodland is a powerhouse,so effortless yet it goes for absolute miles,i think matt kuchar was loving the 2nd shots from places he had never been before.

what was great was the 63 justin rose and ian poulter shot and with the foursome's format that's quite impressive.best foursome round of the week by 3 shots.

great to watch.

Congrats to Matt Kuchar and Gary Woodland for winning the World Cup. They finished -24 to edge England (Poulter, Rose), Germany (Kaymer, Cejka) and Ireland (McIlroy, McDowell), among others.

This is the 24th time the US has won the event, but the first time since Woods/O'Meara in 1999.

Afterwards, Kooch said he thought Woodland played better than any other individual in the field. It would be nice to see them make the Ryder Cup and be able to team up next year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Was actually the first time since Woods/Duval in 2000 I believe.

Really like Woodland hope he has a monster year next year.

Im surprised this event doesnt attract more bigger stars. But I guess only allowing two from each country limits itself anyways.

Im surprised this event doesnt attract more bigger stars. But I guess only allowing two from each country limits itself anyways.

The announcers were talking about how this event used to be HUGE and has fallen off the map. They didn't really give any reasons but they said it's coming back to popularity.

Thats a great win for Kuchar and Woodland, but I this event doesn't "feel" like something that is important or cared about which is kind of sad as I think its a cool event. I do want to go play that resort though.

There were a few big names at least. Keep in mind too that not every country has huge name stars to represent them. Ireland, Germany, England, Spain, and the US all had pretty well known players.

I watched every day of it starting at 10:30pm here, some great golf was played and glad to see the US win it.

I watched all of this also, very entertaining. Kucher looked awful Friday but made a nice 2 day come back. I'm curious, does anyone know how the selection to represent your country is made?

Awesome looking course and resort. Some great golf as well. Didn't see the last day but the 4ball 4some format was interesting. Congrats to Kuch and Woodland.

Tapatalk with Siri

I watched all of this also, very entertaining. Kucher looked awful Friday but made a nice 2 day come back. I'm curious, does anyone know how the selection to represent your country is made?

The selections go by world ranking. They start off with the top ranked player from that country, and if he declines to play, they move down the list until a player accepts the invite. Then that player gets to pick their partner, provided that the partner is high enough in the world rankings. So Kuchar was the player that was highest among the US rankings that accepted the invite, and then he picked Woodland. It's always going to be hard for this tournament to get the top Americans to play when it's during the week of Thanksgiving in the USA.

The selections go by world ranking. They start off with the top ranked player from that country, and if he declines to play, they move down the list until a player accepts the invite. Then that player gets to pick their partner, provided that the partner is high enough in the world rankings. So Kuchar was the player that was highest among the US rankings that accepted the invite, and then he picked Woodland. It's always going to be hard for this tournament to get the top Americans to play when it's during the week of Thanksgiving in the USA.

I never thought about that last part. I just realized that it was during Thanksgiving lol. I would love to see the top two from each country compete. That would be very fun.

Thanks for the answer. Kucher was over in that part of the world for quite a few weeks.

That was a nice win for Matt / Gary. They were on fire the last day.

A lot people talking about Rory/G-Mac struggling, but at the same time, Matt/Gary just absolutely killed it that final day.

Back