World Greatest Golf Course: Course Madness Winner - Augusta National Golf Club

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, maybe it is appropriate that Augusta National was the winner of the little fun tournament we did over the last couple of weeks being it should have been Masters Week.

I want to thank everyone that took part in the voting and I hope this was a bit of fun for all of us as we sit quarantined still. I tried to give different tidbits of each course as they progressed throughout the tournament.

Here was the final breakdown of the Tournament:

Winner: Augusta National

Field of 64 golf courses.jpg

Fun bracket, Fluff! Final 4 was about right I think. Cabot is such a crazy beautiful course, and to be able to hold it's own against major venues is cool to see. I would have personally preferred to see St. Andrews win, but...what are you gonna do.

The number 1 seed takes home the trophy!

Cabot Cliffs really punched above its weight.

Otherwise, not really surprised by a lot of the courses that did well.

Pine Valley probably would have a similar mystique to Augusta if Pine Valley pulled back the curtain every once and awhile. I think the only thing I could find filmed on the course was an old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf match.

I thought Pine Valley or St. Andrews would give Augusta more of a run in votes. But, Augusta is I guess Augusta

Now that Augusta won, would Cypress Point beat it (if it hadn't used ineligible players and been relegated to the NIT)? I'm voting Cypress day and night.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer course!(y)

I appreciate you putting it together. Got to learn more about the best courses in the world.

Booo!!! Hahaha! Kind of knew this would be the champion!

Loved reading the tidbits about the courses and had a bunch of fun voting and following along! Thanks for putting it all together!

Great threads Al that was fun to learn about the courses!

Kind of bummed.I would have liked to seen it regulated to just courses the average Joe could play. Its like voting for the "Worlds sexist woman ", nice to look at but us average Joe's can never get a tee time to play on it! 😉

You put a lot of work into this thread. Much appreciated! Well done!

Thanks for putting it all together, it was fun to learn about all the courses and watch the polls. Not a big surprise that Augusta won, lol.

Kind of figured that is how it would turn out. St. Andrews Old Course is still tops in my book.

Thanks for all of your work on this. Was fun to read about and see pictures of a bunch of great courses from around the world.

Back