World Series Starts tonight

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So now that my Rays have disposed of the Red Sox, they are going up against the Phillies. Who does everyone think will win? I have the Rays losing game one and then winning 4 straight so the Rays in 5.

I'm Chicago born & bred--just thrilled to see the Cubs collapse as late at they did. I don't have a dog in this fight, but this was in today's paper:

• Admin
I got offered $100 today to get a "Rayhawk".

I got offered $100 today to get a "Rayhawk".

So are you going to show us your new do? Bump that offer up a little and I just might be able to pull that look off.

• Admin
I havent done it yet, because as I get older I know who makes the decisions in my house. Ill give you a hint, its not me. (or Ellie the dog). She has made it clear that the couch allbeit comfortable is not a great place to sleep. So, a rayhawk I may not be getting. But it would be fun.

Im taking the Phils in 6, the Rays story is great but I just dont think they will have what it takes in the pen. The Phillies starting rotation isnt solid, but they have a great pen and can drive in runs with the best of them. The MVP will go to Chase Utley.

Well after spending last weekend in Tampa and seeing how much it means to the area, plus BJ Upton is from here in VA, I'll take the Rays in 6.

Oh yeah, Josh, I like sleeping on the couch. but then again I'm single and it's not a "doghouse" bed for me.

Well after spending last weekend in Tampa and seeing how much it means to the area, plus BJ Upton is from here in VA, I'll take the Rays in 6.

Oh yeah, Josh, I like sleeping on the couch. but then again I'm single and it's not a "doghouse" bed for me.

I'm always baffled when guys who live alone end up on the couch?

Royals had their first Series against the Phillies in 1980. It didn't go so well, we had to wait til '85 to grab the trophy. Hope you guys can pull it off on your first try.

Last edited:
Thanks Gasman

I updated the link in case you guys couldnt find it. I picked the Rays tonight, because you really dont know what your going to get from Meyers and Shields is a stud.

So now that my Rays have disposed of the Red Sox, they are going up against the Phillies. Who does everyone think will win? I have the Rays losing game one and then winning 4 straight so the Rays in 5.

So far you're right. I'd like to see the Rays win it. Could you imagine though if Josh Hamilton was still on the team? You'd have a great outfield that could do some major damage. I got to see him while he played in Cincy. He's got a cannon for an arm and he can do some major damage with his bat.

No question he is a five tool player. They gave him enough chances though and it just did not work out. THe funny thing, is the true Rays fans are pulling for him wherever he is, because it is such a great story.

No question he is a five tool player. They gave him enough chances though and it just did not work out. THe funny thing, is the true Rays fans are pulling for him wherever he is, because it is such a great story.

I really think all of baseball is pulling for him. Yeah his story isn't great for kids to know, but so far the ending has been pretty good. Hopefully the one thing kids learn from him is that the wrong crowd will really screw you up. Did you ever see the episode of Real Estate Pros? I believe that's the name of the show on TLC. The Real Estate company is from South Carolina. The owner Richard knows Josh personally. He hired Josh to help move and reconstruct "Shoeless" Joe Jackson's childhood home. He was then going to surprise Josh with giving him a Minor League contract with the team that he had just bought. But before that could happen the (Devil) Rays called him back to the big leagues. He was then picked up by Cincy and played pretty well. But they were showing him at a high school field and he was crushing balls over the fence like it was his job, and he had not picked up a bat in like 4 years or something. He better be very thankful that his wife stuck by him through it all.

Back