World Woods Golf Club in Brooksville, FL

Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
my buddy scored some discont card from his job at the airport for a foursome at only $25 per plus tax. usually is $70-$79 depending on the day. but was just wondering if anyone has ever played here and what it was like? they have two courses and we get to pick. Pine Barrens is supposed to be the nicer of the two and has alot of sand and waste areas. the second is Rolling Oaks and of course has a ton of trees! neither has alot of water. were playing there next Sunday. thanks for any feedback.

http://www.worldwoods.com/

Played it many times. One of the nicest practice facilities I have ever seen. Pine Barrens is the better of the two, but Rolling Oaks is good as well. World Woods is one of the best around.

cool I was hoping you had played it. thanks JB!

Great post timing SH. I actually ran across their website a few days ago and have added it to my list of possible trips in 2011.

cool aha! I'll let you know how things go next Monday! hopefully get some photos too!

Great post timing SH. I actually ran across their website a few days ago and have added it to my list of possible trips in 2011.

We were blessed in Tampa to have so many great courses such as World Woods, Innisbrook, Saddlebrook, Old Memorial, Avila, and the list goes on. Both World Woods and Innisbrook are a must.

SH, I played Pine Barrens also about 5-6 years ago and it was a blast. A lot of sand waste areas, kind of had a Pine Valley feel (at least so I hear). Rolling Oaks has more tall pines and traditional bunkers (supposedly more like an Augusta National feel). Hope you have a great time!!

We were blessed in Tampa to have so many great courses such as World Woods, Innisbrook, Saddlebrook, Old Memorial, Avila, and the list goes on. Both World Woods and Innisbrook are a must.

I have played Innisbrook a couple of times. Great courses. My wife's parents live in Odessa so I will have to try some of your other listings.

thanks Ad! yeah I read that about Pine Barrens being compared to Pine Valley. but not about Rolling Oaks to Augusta! I'm torn on which course to recommend to my buddy!

I have played Innisbrook a couple of times. Great courses. My wife's parents live in Odessa so I will have to try some of your other listings.

In Odessa, you have the Eagles and Silver Dollar. Neither are great, but both are playable. Westchase is nearby though. Fun course.

havent been able to play/afford Innisbrook yet. but did work there when I was a kid on The Island course and Copperhead. also got to walk on the course barefoot after last years Transitions! but she is on my Bucket List!

yeah Eagles and Silver Dollar are fun courses but nothing to rave about. heck if you go on the wrong day to Silver Dollar you have to put up with the gun shot sounds from the shotgun tourneys! they have a shooting range on site!

played it many times. i know Pine Barrons is the signature course, but I actually prefer Rolling Oaks. its an awesome place. and yeah, i just payed $79 to play there a couple weeks ago so your coupons are great! have fun!

played it many times. i know Pine Barrons is the signature course, but I actually prefer Rolling Oaks. its an awesome place. and yeah, i just payed $79 to play there a couple weeks ago so your coupons are great! have fun!

kickapoo. You always play the good tracks in the area. Hopefully you will be making it to the outing and play a PGA Course.

cool thanks kicka appreciate the feedback!

alright its gonna be Pine Barrens on Sunday as Rolling Oaks is having its greens aerated and at least an hour or so on the practice park which looks and sounds amazing. thanks again for the feedback all!

it looks really nice but a 2 acre putting green i feel is uneccesary

it looks really nice but a 2 acre putting green i feel is uneccesary

Is this just a putting green or is it really a putting course. Like miniature golf on a real green? (Hopefully sans windmills)

it is a 36 hole minituare course smalls

the driving ranges they have there are really nice too. on each range there are several Laser Range Finders you can use to get the distances to the flags. i like that much better than when they have those signs that say something like "White Flag - 150 Yards" cuz they usually arent very accurate.

played Pine Barrens today with a great group of guys and all I can say is WOW! one of the best courses I have had the privilege of playing. the practice area was just awesome, the putting green was outta of this world and like kickapoo said the driving ranges are top notch. there is a separate one for drivers and one just for irons, there is a chipping area that is huge with mulitple flags to shoot at. as far as the course goes it was in near perfect condtion. the tee boxes were in great shape and green, the fairways are the best I have ever played, the greens oh man the greens were sick! they were huge and had mulitple elevation changes. they were closly guarded by trees and bunkers. they were green and fast and true. very little water I think on only 2 holes maybe 3 but well placed on the par 3's that you had to shoot over the water to get to the greens. but the bunkers/waste areas were everywhere and huge! I have never seen that much sand before on a course! surrounding every green along every fairway, some were a 100 yards long it seemed! in the middle of the fairways behind the greens in front of the tee boxes! some were deep some were wide some had small islands of trees in the middle of them! and they dont call this Pine Barrens for nothing, there were Pine Trees along every fairway and sometimes in the middle of fairways. but I must say they were some what forgiving in that it was pretty easy to find your ball when you went into them which I did often due to the pine needles covering the ground. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone as a must play. I had a great time with a great group of guys. Since I ditched my old (negative and drink too much) playing partners golf is fun again! I have a ton of pictures and will post them as soon as I figure out how to!

ok I figured out how to post photos! Here I am rockin the pink ball I found on the course!

IMG_0377.jpg

here I am shooting outta of the woods again!

IMG_0340.jpg

Back