Photo Heavy Worn out toe box golf shoes problem

nicklongdrive

"It's complicated" with the PGATSS
Reaction score
Handicap
OB
So, I have this tendency to wear through golf shoes/cleats really quickly since I drag my toe on follow-through. The Pumas pictured are like 4 months old and the Adidas are like 6 months old.

20220204_175245.jpg20220204_181612.jpg

I figured I would try to find a solution since it's getting expensive constantly replacing golf shoes that wear fast. So, I did some searching and this stuff called Tuff Toe that athletes and people that use work boots have applied to their shoes to make them much more durable. So, I ordered some and applied it tonight to give it a shot. I'd imagine it would be much better on a fresh pair of shoes but I'll continue using the product if this application works well. I have a lesson tomorrow so I'll be curious to see if it admittedly rips off or not, lol. This might be a good solution for us toe draggers out there!

20220204_183402.jpg20220204_183352.jpg

Tough toe might be your best bet! I use it on my steel toes at work and as long as you follow the directions and let it cure fully your gonna wear out the rest of the boot/shoe long before that stuff goes sour on you.

Tough toe might be your best bet! I use it on my steel toes at work and as long as you follow the directions and let it cure fully your gonna wear out the rest of the boot/shoe long before that stuff goes sour on you.

I feel like I followed the instructions pretty closely. If this works I will be pretty damn happy since I have destroyed these two plus another 2 pairs of shoes in the past almost 2 years, lol.

Tuff toe FTW. All the good curlers apply it to their trailing shoe's toe (the one that drags on the ice behind them) and it does two things for them - first it reduces drag and second it keeps the toe of the shoe from wearing out due to dragging on the ice surface.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't solve your issue.

I feel like I followed the instructions pretty closely. If this works I will be pretty damn happy since I have destroyed these two plus another 2 pairs of shoes in the past almost 2 years, lol.
I hope it works for you! This sport is expensive enough somedays 😂. I’ve torture tested that stuff pretty good on concrete/grating/etc so I can’t see it not lasting.

Definitely! I used them on my Pro SL's in the same spot. Not the nicest look but super durable.

I tend to wear out my toe of my right shoe pretty often just from dragging the right foot. Swing quirk I've never gotten rid of so I feel your pain. More often than not, I am replacing shoes because of my right toe wear.

I've never worm sneaker-type, soft uppers golf shoes but always leather. In my case, I would drag my right foot and the sole would separate from the upper. I haven't had that issue in years as, for whatever reason, I've gotten away from that dragging syndrome.

I tend to wear out my toe of my right shoe pretty often just from dragging the right foot. Swing quirk I've never gotten rid of so I feel your pain. More often than not, I am replacing shoes because of my right toe wear.

Sounds like you should give this a shot, sounds like everyone has had luck with it.

I've never worm sneaker-type, soft uppers golf shoes but always leather. In my case, I would drag my right foot and the sole would separate from the upper. I haven't had that issue in years as, for whatever reason, I've gotten away from that dragging syndrome.

Yep, definitely had the separation a handful of times, this seems like it should help if applied properly. However, I don't play the leather ones since I wear dress shoes enough!

Just have to comment - Greg Norman would be proud of the right foot drag.

Good Luck on the applied solution ;)

Shoe goo?! We used it for tennis shoes for those that drag toes a lot. Might be a solution for you.

Back