Worst Iron Shaft Band/Label

I can’t say that I’ve paid any attention to the shaft labels. I know little to nothing about shafts and honestly don’t pay em any attention. I’d like to learn so maybe I’ll start researching.

I’d much rather have designs and graphics on my steel shafts but I don’t see much wrong with the label in question.

I wish KBS would change the small red label and go with the larger one you see on some of their other offerings.

Its the not the worst. I don't really know what is. I mean, its a shaft band.

I don't really know what is. I mean, its a shaft band.
I’m slightly OCD. That’s probably why some bother me.

I’m slightly OCD. That’s probably why some bother me.

Golf is a funny sport. Sometimes the small things are a big bother to golfers. Over my last decade+ here, I always think it's fun to see what those things are.

I dont look at the top of the shaft when I hit the ball, so I have no issue what they do with that part.
Put a sticker on the club face and we have a problem...?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the shafts, just the label. It looks terrible.
Lol gotcha. I would say they did a great job with it, it’s very recognizable and iconic.

I dont look at the top of the shaft when I hit the ball, so issue what they do with that part.
Put a sticker on the club face and we have a problem...?
That’s a big part of why the OG DG shaft band bothers me. I prefer shafts installed logo down, but that can’t be done with a band that wraps all the way around the shaft.

Okay, I love KBS shafts. Love them. Truly. The labels keep getting bigger though, and we all know what they are. There's no need to be able to read the unbelievably basic block letters from 3 holes away.

I actually only like the classic shaft bands on steel shafts. DG, Rifle, the bands were so much cleaner to my eye.

Project X, Modus, KBS, never liked any of them.

FWIW, I feel the same about graphite. I'd rather solid colors, I happen to prefer black, dark gray, dark blue. Whatever isn't loud.

Certainly understand others preferring more personality in their shafts, I just find them distracting. Started with the old UST Proforce shafts for me. Blech.

And those were my beloved HS colors. ?

Back