Worst movie ever you had to see?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Being a big movie guy I like to go to the movies. I didn’t see it yet, but can already tell that Dr Dolittle is going to be a flopopotamus. But, I bet I still see it because I like Robert Downey Jr.

What is the worst movie you ever saw and today laugh about it?

I have two.

1. By far the worst movie I ever saw. It was about this yogurt looking stuff people would eat. They would be become addicted to this yogurt stuff until eventually the stuff would take over their bodies like a body snatcher. The title of the movie: The Stuff (genius right there and a sign it was going to be bad)

2. Bonus movie I virtually laughed as people were getting killed. Some actually loved this movie. It got fantastic reviews and won four academy awards. About a man who finds some drug cash and is hunted by a crazy man hired to find the money. He uses a bolt gun to kill people.
Yep, I am talking about No Country for Old Men. Bad bad movie

What’s yours?

The Piano. It won Academy Awards was recommended by a normally reliable friend. My wife and I walked out of the theater looking at each other saying why did we stay for the whole thing and what was our friend thinking.

Haven't been to a movie since 1998 but do see a few on TV. Saw a movie once, Raising Arizona, and it was terrible. Or about any Woody Allen movie. Quit listening to critics after these.

The new Mary Poppins movie...oh my lord. I mean they didn’t even include the signature song in the new movie.

I loved No Country for Old Men, The Piano and Raising Arizona. Says a lot about my taste in movies. I can't think of one in particular but I've never walked out of a movie, no matter how bad. I just need to see it to the end.

The only movie I can ever recall being so terrible I walked out of it was Last Action Hero starring Arnold Shwarzenegger. It was horrible.

As a genre of bad movies I would say the worst tend to be comedy sequels. No one makes a comedy movie expecting to start a franchise. When one of them is successful and the studio wants to make another one it is never up to par with the original and quite often they are just terrible films.

Ride Along with Kevin Hart and IceCube

left after 10 minutes

In the theater, the worst by far was Road to Wellville. God awful. That was in 1994 and I probably remember that bad movie more than I remember the good movies.

Not a great move... but one hell of a soundtrack!
I just looked it up. What a collection of 80's metal!! I will have to dial it up on Amazon music and buzz through it today while working.

There was a movie made locally a few years ago and everything about it was horrible. The acting, the editing, the script. All world class bad. Our local high schools could’ve made better. There’s a point in it where they use local sheriff cruisers. They cut away for just a minute and when they cut back it cruisers from somewhere in California. Didn’t even try to fix it. I think part of it is I know the area and I’ve worked in the house most of it was filmed in. I guess if you aren’t local you wouldn’t know

Recently, Joker. I just found it disturbing that someone wanted people to see that.

I don’t go to movies at the theater and the only time I used to go was with my daughter when she was younger. But talking about bad movies, I’ve seen plenty on TV on the Hallmark Channel. My wife insists that I watch the Hallmark Channel with her. Talk about bad movies.

I'll discount a lot of movies I saw in my youth because I didnt know they were horrible movies. Thinking back to what I've seen as an adult Immediately Friday After Next....that movie should have never been green lit.

Worst at the theatre was Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe. That was a turd.

Last time I went o see my wife's parents my FIL and BIL were watching a Hallmark movie. They were not only watching it but had already seen it and would give away spoilers as the movie went on. I nearly died of boredom in the few hours I was there, I would have welcomed death instead of finishing a Hallmark movie.

Midnight in the garden of good and evil ….. absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Only movie I actually fell asleep in the theater watching. Yeah, the girl I was dating that "had" to see that movie didn't last very long :rolleyes:

in a theatre was Date Movie. I sat through it to see how it would continually one-up itself in the lame factor

Open Water, I've blocked it out of my memory and can't remember anything from the movie. But I do remember the theater all booing the movie.

The worst movie I had to see, probably one of the many Jean-Luc Godard films in that film class I took in college.

The worst movie I chose to see, not including the Hallmark movies, "My Chauffeur." Even "Plan 9 From Outer Space" has redeeming value. "Battlefield Earth," is also atrocious.

Birdman. I'm not sophisticated enough to appreciate it I guess.

“Killing Them Softly” and “Contact.” I walked out of both inside 30 minutes.

Buried!
the whole thing is pretty much shot in a coffin.

Back