Worst round of 2016

Girardcorp

Reaction score
Handicap
What's your worst round of 2016 you wish you could do over?? For me, the first round at the THP Kickoff in Alabama i wish i could do over... I had a new set of irons, they were +1/2" longer than they should've been and i was chunking shots all day... It wasn't until Dhartmann made a comment about them that i realized i needed to choke down and round 2 was way better... Wasn't my best start to 2016...

What's yours?

To be honest, I've already knocked it out of my head. I know I had a bad one but the details I couldn't tell ya. Guess that's a good thing. :D

There have been a few. Probably a round I had in CO. I was fanning the club open as soon as I started my backswing and that led to horrific golf and a lost match in front of a bunch of THPers. Wish I could have that one back.

My worst round was before Regional rivalry in April. I was practicing with a couple of my teammates and suffered from the worst case of the sh@nks. It was not only embarrassing but frustrating. Score was so bad I couldn't even post it.

There have been a few. Probably a round I had in CO. I was fanning the club open as soon as I started my backswing and that led to horrific golf and a lost match in front of a bunch of THPers. Wish I could have that one back.

I've had that occasionally... wish i had the power of Tiger woods to stop my swing before i come back through to stop it!

My worst round was before Regional rivalry in April. I was practicing with a couple of my teammates and suffered from the worst case of the sh@nks. It was not only embarrassing but frustrating. Score was so bad I couldn't even post it.

I knew a guy who had an issue like that... Was so frustrating watching every shot go somewhere other than intended... made every 'decent' shot more worthwhile... It was a tough round.

The round 4 of us THP'ers played on my birthday, horrible weather, the golf was worse, and I lost my temper. I don't lose my temper on the course often. Even though the weather was terrible and the golf was rough, we had a great time. This truly was my worst round of the year, so I guess that makes this year pretty good.

The round 4 of us THP'ers played on my birthday, horrible weather, the golf was worse, and I lost my temper. I don't lose my temper on the course often. Even though the weather was terrible and the golf was rough, we had a great time. This truly was my worst round of the year, so I guess that makes this year pretty good.

What made it bad though, your temper, or something in the game?

Worst Round was Firestone South with fellow THPers. Could not hit the ball to save my life and I knew at about the 6th hole. After that I was just going through the motions trying to enjoy the course and company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What made it bad though, your temper, or something in the game?

I feel like course management is on of my strong suits. Good decision making usually keeps me in a round even when I am not paying my best.

I was playing poorly and making dumb decisions, I lost my temper and buried my 8 iron in the side of the hill at the base of the quarry on #11 at the Highlands of Elgin. I had no business trying to play from there, I compounded my mistake by taking on a lot of risk with little reward.

I shot a 97. I was 10 over on a stretch of 3 holes including the aforementioned.

Not my worst score but probably my most disappointing round was the first round of my club championship in August. Had been playing great leading up to it, played very well on the front 9 shooting 39, and then birdied 10, and was only 1 shot behind the leader, and had the easiest part of the golf course ahead of me. I then proceeded to basically forget how to play golf. Shot 84 when I was 2 over through 10. So played the final 8 holes in 10 over par. The bad highlight was making a triple 6 on a par 3 after I skulled a bunker shot into the pond behind the green. Hadn't ever really had a round go completely south in the middle of it quite like that one did. Didn't even want to play rd 2 the next day I was so disappointed.

My first round of the year was north of 100 without a FW or GIR.

Posted a smooth 104 during a morning round in the Fall, same course shot an 82 in the afternoon. Tempo is the key to my scoring.

I feel like course management is on of my strong suits. Good decision making usually keeps me in a round even when I am not paying my best.

I was playing poorly and making dumb decisions, I lost my temper and buried my 8 iron in the side of the hill at the base of the quarry on #11 at the Highlands of Elgin. I had no business trying to play from there, I compounded my mistake by taking on a lot of risk with little reward.

I shot a 97. I was 10 over on a stretch of 3 holes including the aforementioned.

I think thinking along these lines is what makes us better golfers, assuming we listen the next time around...

My first round of the year was north of 100 without a FW or GIR.

I've had a couple of those rounds... almost considered leaving my bag of clubs at the bag drop with a little note 'to a good home'...

Posted a smooth 104 during a morning round in the Fall, same course shot an 82 in the afternoon. Tempo is the key to my scoring.

It's amazing how when you get out of sync, things go crazy.. I play good golf until i get stuck behind some slow people and then my round goes south quickly... The constant swing, then wait, etc... grinds on my nerves affecting my game.

Worst round of 2016 was easily the 2nd day of the Cure Event.

If there's anything worse than being at a member guest tournament at a CC, playing in front of a bunch of people, having a best friend who really wants to win and you start shanking everything, I don't know what it is. That was pure misery, humiliation and embarrassment. I'd really like to have that one over.

My worst posted score was a 101 at TPC Las Vegas during my call out match against VegasMav.

Regional Rivalry hands down. I shot terrible. It felt like I had just completely forgot how to hold a club let alone swing it.

Worst score round was a 108 ish at Royal Hawaiian on Oahu. I couldn't quit hooking the ball and on that course that's death. Lost a whole dozen balls...

I shot back to back 106 / 108 at the same course early this summer. Making those especially sad was that both rounds had solid putting. OB or penalty from every tee and many approach shots as well. Could not diagnose nor fix what was happening.

fortunately I was able to shake that off and shoot my PB of 79 about a month and a half later.

I shot back to back 106 / 108 at the same course early this summer. Making those especially sad was that both rounds had solid putting. OB or penalty from every tee and many approach shots as well. Could not diagnose nor fix what was happening.

fortunately I was able to shake that off and shoot my PB of 79 about a month and a half later.

Nice. Sub 80 is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A smooth 97 at hammock beach...pre swing change thankfully

What's your worst round of 2016 you wish you could do over?? For me, the first round at the THP Kickoff in Alabama i wish i could do over... I had a new set of irons, they were +1/2" longer than they should've been and i was chunking shots all day... It wasn't until Dhartmann made a comment about them that i realized i needed to choke down and round 2 was way better... Wasn't my best start to 2016...

What's yours?

As poorly as I played those two days in Feb. I would have to say my worst round of the year came fairly late in the season, in the Sept-Oct time frame. I was playing with J4U and had a dozen brand new Srixon Soft Feel in the bag to try out. When I finished the round I had four left. I can't recall feeling totally lost like I was that day.

Iirc I had a 104 in there this year.

Back