Worst Round Thread

93 twice this year on the same course. Seems like I just can't play that course, on of those rounds I started out -2 thru 5 and then the wheels fell off very badly. :mad:

Last year... I had an entire round that was like Jean Van de Velde's 1999 18th hole at The Open. ??? It started with a triple on 1, and a double on 2. I parred 3 and got a birdie on 4. Then I ended up with an 11 on 5, a bogey on 6, a double on 7, a triple on 8, a bogey on 9. You don't want to know the back 9.

I don't know about worst 18 but I remember my worst 9 minus learning how to golf. About 4-5 years a go playing with @Nerdy_81 at Safari Golf Club for our first round of the year I couldn't hit the ball at all and shot 58 on the front. I wanted to quit, somehow shot 38 on the back. I don't know what clicked because if it wouldn't have I might have stopped playing all together lol.

I wish I had your ability to turn around a bad round. I’ve seen you do it a hundred times. It’s something I’ve never been able to do.

All 3 rounds at the Ben Hogan Experience!:cry:

Losing 5 & 4 in a 9 hole match play match, first round of a tourney.
Then going on to win the next 3 matches and win the B flight.

No nerves at all in that first match :rolleyes:

I'm certain I've shot worse in my early day but my worst round on The Grint (going back to 2017) was a 118 but I was just glad to be back playing golf again.

Couple of years ago, I contracted a terrible case of the “fats” halfway through the front 9. I was laying the sod over the ball with every club in the bag. I don’t remember the final score, (it was horrendous I’m sure) but I do remember how frustrating that round was. I even had a swing on a tee box where I left a divot 6 INCHES BEHIND THE BALL with my driver. I still made contact and dribbled the ball 75 yards into fairway. Man that round sucked!

I had my worst round of 2019 tiered thyroid beginning of December. I missed every single green in regulation. They had never happen for me.

I had my worst round of 2019 toward the beginning of December. I missed every single green in regulation. That has never happen for me. I ended up with 3 pars and 15 bogies.

Back when I was a mid single digit handicap I played in my first Club Championship. I qualified shooting a 76 and first round shot 76. Then on Sunday I started out par birdie. The next hole was a par 5 and I hit a great driver and my second shot I went for the green. OB on the right but I hit a draw with my 4 wood so I aimed at the right side of the green and it did not draw. Ended up OB and made a double. Really shook up now and I 4 putted the next hole another double. This went on for the next 5 holes until the ninth. I then tried to double down and go for the green with my driver. Hit it OB three times before landing in front of the green and making a sweet 10. Back nine was a little better and I ended up with a 50-42 92. This was the most embarrassing round of my life.

Out of the rounds I have been tracking in the past 18 months, in terms of worst for par for the course, 92 on a par 56 semi executive course, I was playing with the inlaws and couldn't hit a ball that day if my life depended on it. In terms of highest score on a par 72, I shot a 102 but that was winter with punched greens too so I'm not sure if that should count. But I tracked it so I'm sharing it.

I have had a number of bad rounds over the year scoring wise, but I can’t recall an unhappy round in quite some time. The one thing that sticks in my mind most is the fact that I could not hit a tee shot to save my life the second day at PGA National. I was really embarrassed, honestly. But the round was still a blast and really memorable. The day before, in wet conditions, I was poking my driver out there pretty far, and then like a light switch I looked like it was my first day golfing.

Chin up fellow hackers. Just because you are having a bad round doesn’t mean you have to have a bad day.

I've been trying to think about this one. I've had high scores, but I feel like it has to be a round where the outcome mattered, and I physically and mentally felt like I should have done a lot better. The one from last year that's coming to mind was a charity round with a couple older guys I would say I personally and professionally admire. I was in a pretty good groove, felt good about my current game, and my ribs were feeling pretty good as well.

We played from the golds. I figured it would be pretty easy, and played horribly. Every hole put me in a partial wedge approach and after a couple bad ones, and a scoring trend my ego apparently couldn't handle, it got in my head. I had wanted to impress, obviously wasn't, and combined with what I felt should have been an easy course I was uncharacteristically frustrated. I shot a an 84 or 85 on what I think was something like a 66 course rating from those tees.

When I was a kid I remember a real bad tournament round. I can't remember some of the details. Time and booze have eroded them. It wasn't one where everyone played and best scores counted for the team. I can't remember the exact format. We only brought 4 people from the team to this tournament. I wasn't a team star or anything, but I'd been playing well leading up and was chosen as one of them. I wish I could remember the course, but it had far and away the most difficult greens I had ever come across at that point and they absolutely ate me up. Chipping was a mess, I had a two 4 putts, and multiple 3 putts. Shot a 91. The other 3 shot 75 or better. We finished 4th. It was a step up in competition. My teammates all rose, and I fell.

More recently, but less impactful, was my last round in Vegas this week. It was abysmal. I went to test the Mavrik before the round because I was already sore from playing and knew I'd be worthless after another round. Got through the driver test and just didn't have anything left. Played well the first 4 holes, and then it got bad in a hurry. Fatigue took over everything, mechanics broke down so it bounced between good shot and terrible, and I'd wager my driver swing speed was down a good 10-15 mph by the time it was over. I was basically playing bogey golf or worse by the end. Two guys I was supposed to played with didn't even go because they were tired, and they made the right choice.

About fifteen years ago and about my fourth or fifth round of the year, I hit my first three tee shots OB. On my seventh shot I finally found the fairway. It didn't get any better for the rest of the round. Sometimes alcohol and cigars can be a saving grace!

My worst round ever was a round on a nice club course around the DC area. Lost my swing early and confidence went fast. On a really short par three I put four in the water. I threw the fifth one in to the bewilderment of my friends. I laughingly said it was going there anyway. It was a bad round.

My worst round in a THP event was the first round of the Ultimate Weekend with @fupresti and @tpluff. I was twenty shots more than I had the day before in the practice round and double my handicap. It was not good. I cost those guys a win that weekend.

Last year, playing University Ridge in Madison, I started 10 over thru 5....wanted to jump off a bridge!!! I lost a ball from 119 out with my wedge on #2, a par 5 o_O

Ended up 1 over the next 13 holes, which is unreal good for me, for an 84.

Not sure what happened, but those first 5 holes were horrendous!!!

Last year, playing University Ridge in Madison, I started 10 over thru 5....wanted to jump off a bridge!!! I lost a ball from 119 out with my wedge on #2, a par 5 o_O

Ended up 1 over the next 13 holes, which is unreal good for me, for an 84.

Not sure what happened, but those first 5 holes were horrendous!!!

Shooting near your handicap for your worst round is awesome.

Oye. I have a picture of a drive I actually got into that backed up 18 inches.....on a drive.....in the fairway.....:oops:

Again, pretty standard in some regions.

I have to say I've had quite a few bad rounds in my day, but since JB brought it up. The most glaring was back in the mid 70s I was leading in a PGA Sectional Tournament going into the last hole and took an 11 on the par 5 finishing hole. Need I say more. :eek:

Apparently things were going really well until the first tee shot
This is perfect. I can't even tell you how many times I've arrived for a round feeling great, knowing this was a day to shoot low, and just completely falling apart for no reason.

As far as a personal worst round, it was at my 25th college reunion a few years back. I played with some old buddies I hadn't seen in years. The friendship and fun was awesome. The golf, not so much. I started out bogey, bogey, par. Then I basically alternated triples and doubles the rest of the way, with a few quads mixed in for good luck. It felt like there were holes where I could have kicked the ball down the fairway and got the same score.

Back