Worst shot of the round?

Put two 6 irons OB left on a 186 par 3. Proceeded to stuff 3rd One to about 8 feet away, pin high. Lest the putt short for a quad.
Good part of the whole was that the neighborhood kids threw me back my Prov1’s and sold me some as well for a dollar a ball. Bought 20 and lost 3 right away.

I got super snappy off the 9th tee today and had to take a hike in the woods. It all worked out, but man, if the trees didn't stop it that thing might have rolled to a stop at a full 90*.

I chunked a chip horribly.. That used to be a strong part of my game but I need more practice..

Pulled head on a 5-wood off the tee on a dogleg par 4. Topped the piss out of it, went maybe 60 yards. Salvaged a bogey thanks to a good lane to punch through the dogleg to about 80 yards short of the green. But man was the tee shot something ugly...

I got a little cocky after a hot start with the new irons and thinned a 5 iron off the tee on the par 4 5th. It was a little short of expected distance, lol, and carried the water by about a foot. Left me a crap lie and tough approach into what should have been a birdie hole with today's pin.

Hammered my drive just shy of 300 on the 10th hole leaving 88 yards to the stick. Pulled my 50 degree, hit it flush and right on line. Landed 15 yards short in a green side bunker - clearly it wasn't flush:banghead:. Yet another bogey with less than 100 yards left on my approach; it was that kind of day

Too many to count today. I did hit a weak 5i into the junk right of the hole for a lost ball today.

I hit an 8' putt 7' 11" on 17 that's still gnawing at me.

Par 3. Playing 99-100 yds. Played this hole multiple times. Easy par or chance of birdie. Pulled hook GW left OB. Missed the green by 20yd. Hit another to 2 ft for bogie. Worst and best at same hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get wanting to vent, but why memorialize your bad shots? All it does is further implant the bad shots in your brain, potentially ruining your mental game.

It reminds me of a couple of weeks ago. Decent tee shot, popped it a bit, fairway, but still just a partial wedge in. I chunked it about 8 yards. Now I'm 57 yards out, change wedges for a stock pitch shot, hole it for birdie. I never thought about that chunked shot at any point during or after the round.

I don't know, maybe its just me. But if I'm going to talk about a bad shot, the focus will be on the recovery that hole, round, or maybe even just that week.

Ok, now my mini-rant is over.

~Rock

I get wanting to vent, but why memorialize your bad shots? All it does is further implant the bad shots in your brain, potentially ruining your mental game.

It reminds me of a couple of weeks ago. Decent tee shot, popped it a bit, fairway, but still just a partial wedge in. I chunked it about 8 yards. Now I'm 57 yards out, change wedges for a stock pitch shot, hole it for birdie. I never thought about that chunked shot at any point during or after the round.

I don't know, maybe its just me. But if I'm going to talk about a bad shot, the focus will be on the recovery that hole, round, or maybe even just that week.

~Rock
I think it helps keep us all humble and grounded to admit and talk about our failings. I don't mean focus on them to a level that gets a guy down. Just show that we're human, and that they happen to all of us, and it's okay.

~Rock

I'm sorry. Did I hit a nerve? :eek: I just figured it'd be a good companion to our "Best shot of the round" thread. My bad.

My bad shots came in bunches last round. I had some really poor chips and a trio of irons that I absolutely pulled. Pretty sure most of these were the result of poor focus and bad decision-making. 90* heat and humidity make it tough to stay focused out there sometimes!

I'm sorry. Did I hit a nerve? :eek: I just figured it'd be a good companion to our "Best shot of the round" thread. My bad.

No, I just hope most people, maybe after their 'worst shot' post, go ahead and cap it off with a positive note.

~Rock

No, I just hope most people, maybe after their 'worst shot' post, go ahead and cap it off with a positive note.

~Rock
No, usually my recovery game is severely lacking 😆 I’ve got a short memory, which definitely helps!

This drive.

20200706_085835.jpg

Put me here.

On a pretty open par 5.

At least it looks like you've got a line to punch it out.
Yep. Punched it right through the fairway and behind another tree I had to fly over. :p

Yesterday I bladed a 60* wedge from the greenside bunker across the green, over the bunker on the other side and out into the rough.
What should have been a 20 foot shot, turned into a 40 yard shot.

I had a six foot putt for par after a great recovery shot from behind some trees. That attempt left me with a six foot putt for bogey, which I missed. One of those days.

Mine was a ball pushed into the woods when the guy who got added to our group shouted "Ernie Els" in my backswing

I had a couple tee shots really get away from me to the right, but I survived them. This nonsense led to the only bogey of the day. They were adding new sand to all of the bunkers and it was not awesome.

Back