Worst shot of the round?

I shot a 50 on the front so there were plenty of candidates. 2 stood out above the rest.
  1. Hit a perfect hybrid and left myself 60 to the hole. After my first wedge I still had 40 to the hole.
  2. Chunked a hybrid off the tee. Actually managed to par the hole (par 5), but yikes!

I pulled the Jaws 60X 3 times yesterday, and all 3 stunk.

20200805_144154.jpg

Right before I made contact I was already thinking 'this swing isn't going to do what you wanted to do'. Plus @Snickerdog yelled at me for going right, so it must have been pretty bad. :LOL:

Snicks: "All that area left over the trees and to clear the first bunker and you're going right? !!! :rolleyes: "

😢

Worst shot of the round... 5th hole. Tee shot. Hit almost dead square on a 100' pine on the left, ricocheted and landed on the 7th green, rolled to about 3 feet from the hole. I had shouted "fore left!" but I don't think they got it.... I asked the folks on the green if I made a hole in one. Wouldn't that have been a hoot? And what would you call that? A skipperooski? 12 under for the 7th hole? Needless to say they laughed and tossed the ball back, not realizing I was supposed to drop next to the green and hit from there. Oh well.... It was a practice round so who cares?

On the 9th hole, and headed for a really good score (by my standards). I pulled my tee shot left almost into the 8th fairway, but got good distance. It left me about 110 yards out, but with a dead tree in the way. I struck a picture perfect gap wedge, which almost made it through/over, but of course didn't. The ricochet went right over my head, leaving me in the 8th fairway but now 125 yards away. I was mad and didn't take the time to focus, so I completely chunked my pitching wedge, and ended up right back at the original spot 110 yards out. On the bright side, the next attempt made it to the fringe, where I 3-putted for a 7. Way to finish strong. For anyone counting, it was the third shot that was the worst of the round.

b*tch fade on the 14th tee OB right to derail a hell of a round.

I hit a few worm burners today, but fortunately they all stayed on my target line.

Two were short of my target, two went farther than my target, and one stopped at my target.

I was hitting full iron shots a little too thin today. No big deal.....unless it continues tomorrow.

Last night at league I think I hit the worst shot of my life.
The wind is blowing about 20 mph right in our face on this long par 4.
I hit a great boring drive into the wind and left me 130 yards from the pin.
I took out the 8 iron (2 clubs longer than normal) and put what I though was a nice smooth swing on the ball.
What happened though, was the face was wide open at impact and the ball shot almost directly right, over the head of one of my foursome and traveled about 65 yards sideways and landed in the deep rough. What I thought was going to be a decent shot at bird, turned into a scrambling bogey. :mad:

beautifully straight.....chuuuuuuunk shot for 40yds. after a great 260yd tee shot :banghead:

20200807_222203.jpg

It's a short par 4. Cut 3W, little wedge. Easy. You just do the yellow.

You do NOT do the red, where you hit a massive double cross that hits every single tree to the left and ends up in the worst lie you've seen in ages.

Unless you're me today, right as we're playing through a 4 some. Good stuff.

View attachment 8956856

It's a short par 4. Cut 3W, little wedge. Easy. You just do the yellow.

You do NOT do the red, where you hit a massive double cross that hits every single tree to the left and ends up in the worst lie you've seen in ages.

Unless you're me today, right as we're playing through a 4 some. Good stuff.
Love the visual aid. Reminds me of the old Family Circus comic strip.

1. Chunked PW into water on approach to green on par 5
  2. Topped driver into creek
  3. That’s all I have to say about that. Moving on!

Yesterday I wiped one drive that was way right and made a mess of the hole

Was +1 in match play round today and on 17th tee, snapped my drive deep left in to the lake. It didn't cross any land so only option was to reload after opponent teed off. He proceeded to slice it OB right while the door was wide open. We ended up halving the hole, buy geez could have closed him out before 18. Oh well

Every single shot I took on hole 7 today. Had a great round other than that hole.

Tried to turn the ball over right to left on this tee shot. Steered a push fade into the hillside. Edited another player out of this photo for illustration. It may not have been the worst shot in terms of adding up strokes, but it felt the worst.
IMG_1744.jpeg

Tried to turn the ball over right to left on this tee shot. Steered a push fade into the hillside. Edited another player out of this photo for illustration. It may not have been the worst shot in terms of adding up strokes, but it felt the worst.
View attachment 8957000
Is there a real quick way/app for editing someone out? 'Cause that would be really handy.

Photoshop has a spot healing brush tool. Just brush out. Works slick.
Thanks. I've tried the android photoshop version, but it's not very quick during a round. By the time I'm done playing, I've pretty much lost the motivation to do it. :LOL:

Tried to hit my 2nd shot through a V in a tree just like I saw someone do on YouTube, let's just say we had much different results.

I smack the left branch and the ball went about 80 yards to the left across the next fairway over.

I chunked a pitch about 5 yards into a water hazard... after dropping because I hit the previous shot into the same hazard. Ended up with a 10 on the par 4. Yep, it was bad.

Screenshot_20200810-110959_TheGrint.jpg

20200810_111023.jpg

The guys were telling me it wasn't lost, and sure enough, when i got up there it was sitting really nicely. Man that drive got away from me though. One of the trees had to have slowed it down, because it took a right turn and then hit the after burners. I was fully expecting to have to take a penalty.

Hooked TWO irons off the tee into the woods. WHYYY?!

Edit: forgot about the worst decision of the day to try and play a ball from the junk. It buried and I had to take a drop anyway 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Pretty much the opposite of the plan. Massive yank from only 150. Thankfully, hilariously, it hit the ridge on the left, took a big kick and generous roll, and ended up 22' away on the left fringe. Lol

This tee shot is missing the "1" in front of it, because I topped it a little. It led to overhanging branch and stance issues on the next one, and a double bogey.

1597681022717.png

Back