Worst shot of the round?

I flubbed a chip on one yesterday. I was short sided and severely downhill (likely didn’t matter, I decelerated and knew it). Luckily it was a par 5 that I was just off in two so still made par.

ball below the feet woods to the right ... guess where my ball ended up.... +1yuck

Par 5 that I could reach in two. Tried to pound the driver and hit a pull hook instead. Need to be smarter than that! :facepalm:

20201119_180230.jpg
20201119_103443.jpg

Yeah. It was lovely.

By that I mean, 90% us are now glad we didn’t hit that shot.

2<% of us could, and of those that could, most wouldn’t. I CAN hit any shot. I don’t usually.

Not sure it was bad but bad luck, full swing flop over a pine looked great until it hit the last branch and never fell out of the true. Really rude

Not sure it was bad but bad luck, full swing flop over a pine looked great until it hit the last branch and never fell out of the true. Really rude

Take out your 5w and add a chainsaw?

I’ve found trees to suck. It can be an inch around and kick my ass (ask @Hamfist if he’s still alive), nailed that sucker dead nut square and went from trying to fade a 3w into a par 5 to punching out with my third and hopeful to hit a long iron on with my fourth.

If there is a tree, I will find it. I generally like trees. I do NOT like trees while I’m golfing. I find them at least as annoying as water and sand. Water is a fast death, trees-you always have a window. Rarely hit but just enough that you can convince yourself you pull it off.

Had a lot of bad shots this round. But by far the worst, tee shot on par 5. Tried to go after it. Topped it so badly, it dug straight into the ground, popped up to eye level right in front of me and I caught it

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

A SW hosel rocket came out of nowhere today! To make matters worse, I never found the ball under the leaves leading to a triple bogey. Oof.

After hitting my best drive ever on hole #17 of my home course I was just right of a left greenside bunker with a fairly easy pitch shot, just to get on the green. I proceeded to duff the pitch right into the bunker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a pure shank which left at 45 degrees and had way more distance than expected. Found the adjacent fairway and had a decent angle in. Just had to laugh at myself..

After hitting my best drive ever on hole #17 of my home course I was just right of a left greenside bunker with a fairly easy pitch shot, just to get on the green. I proceeded to duff the pitch right into the bunker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You hit it backward?

Probably, one of these...

Screenshot_20201122-214659_Golf Pad.jpg

... or one of these...

Screenshot_20201122-214643_Golf Pad.jpg

Mental error for me. Topped a tee shot and rolled it about 90 yard which set up my worst shot. I had 320 left to the tee with a sh***y lie with the ball above my feet and a sizable tree in front of me. Should have pulled a mid iron and easily hit over the tree to leave an easy approach. Pulled 3 hybrid like a dummy even though I knew my normal ball flight wouldn’t clear the tree. Absolutely smashed one but hit it straight into the tree and ended up only picking up 100 yards. Was such a dumb decision had no chance of getting over the tree with that club. Thinned the next shot over the green and made triple.

Mental error for me. Topped a tee shot and rolled it about 90 yard which set up my worst shot. I had 320 left to the tee with a ****** lie with the ball above my feet and a sizable tree in front of me. Should have pulled a mid iron and easily hit over the tree to leave an easy approach. Pulled 3 hybrid like a dummy even though I knew my normal ball flight wouldn’t clear the tree. Absolutely smashed one but hit it straight into the tree and ended up only picking up 100 yards. Was such a dumb decision had no chance of getting over the tree with that club. Thinned the next shot over the green and made triple.
:ROFLMAO: you had me at 'topped drive set up my bad shot'

Come onnnn maaaaaan!

You are definitely the only person I know of who would go 3W, 6i, Driver off the deck. :oops:

Dude. I’m not scared to deck a driver. But I’d have never hit a 3w and 6i first.

So I guess your point stands? 🤷‍♂️ lol!

You are definitely the only person I know of who would go 3W, 6i, Driver off the deck. :oops:
It wasn't planned. The 3wd was the "smart" play that ended up in a bad spot. Tried to punch out with the 6i and the ball hit the tree in front of me and popped back into a ditch about 2y behind me. There was a root about 2" in diameter roughly 6" behind the ball so I had to come into it steep just to get it back in play. Wasted one stroke and hit the root before taking an unplayable and punching back to the fairway. At that point, lying 5 about 260y out, I figured I had nothing to lose.

:ROFLMAO: you had me at 'topped drive set up my bad shot'

Come onnnn maaaaaan!
:ROFLMAO::cry: I was trying to think of the least embarrassing way to say that but I figured I really needed to set the scene to give the full scope of my blow up hole. The drive was my worst physical shot of the round but I have learned to accept those. The mental error still has me cringing.

I can never remember them. I try to have a very short term memory on the golf course.

:ROFLMAO::cry: I was trying to think of the least embarrassing way to say that but I figured I really needed to set the scene to give the full scope of my blow up hole. The drive was my worst physical shot of the round but I have learned to accept those. The mental error still has me cringing.
The beauty of this game... blink of an eye, poof! hahaha

Duffed a chip and proceeded to hit the next one to tap in range. Argh!

I had a double bogey and I don’t even know how I got to it. This during a good round for me. Went 41/35 par was 36/36. I made 4 birdies. Missed another 5-6 legit looks at birdie. Best iron striking round I’ve had since 2018. Probably one of the top 5 all time just couldn’t get anything to drop.

Thinking back on it I know I recorded the correct score and I don’t recall what went wrong. Every shot was solidly struck in the general direction I wanted it to go. I think I missed GIR and 3 putted from a lousy chip? 🤷‍♂️

But I know I recorded the right score, heck I even posted it in the live round thread. But exactly what I did is still a mystery to me.

So I’ll go with something on that hole.

Back