Worst shot of the round?

A 56* wedge from 67 yds out to an easy flag. I don't know how to describe just how bad this shot was. It wasn't a shank, but I left the face wide open and missed the green right by 15-20 yds. It felt like the leading edge sliced the ground open.

Worst shot (red line in picture) of my last round was an approach to this green from the rough on the left side of the fairway (right side looking back in this picture). Balls float in the thick rough here, and I hit under it catching the ball high on the face. The put me in a ridge of junk (not really visible here). I was honestly lucky to find the ball. From there I just tried to punch something up and ended up in the side bunker. Ugh. And then I didn't get out of the bunker the first time. The elevation change and slopes on this hole are much more severe than the picture represents. Tough hole. In the picture (looking back from green toward tee), each color is a shot. Drive was actually a good shot, about 280, just 15 yards left of my line. And then it went to hell. :p

IMG_2369.jpeg

Lost two irons right today. Like fore right. Like 🤮

310 Yard drive (wind helping) dead-straight down the middle of the fairway yesterday, leaving me about 35 yards to the pin. Bladed a 56 deg wedge into the prairie grass on the other side of the green, ball lost in the thick undergrowth with 3 people searching in the 25 SqFt area that it could have been. Dropped another one, chunked it into the sand. Sand shot was OK, and I finished the hole with a 7. Best drive of the year so far leads to a triple. o_O

A very hard snap hook of the #15 tee box. The ball should have been in the back yard (if not the breakfast nook) of one of the houses down the left side of the fairway. I got very lucky! The ball clanked hard off something and it kicked back in bounds, but I was forever out. Nice little double after playing the previous 4 holes @ 1 over.

I chunked a couple wedges on rather easy shots. It wasn't pretty

Snap hook 4-wood OB on an uphill 210-yard par 3. Kinda ruined my mojo for the day.

Oh man there were a bunch today. 2 bladed wedges, 1 chunked chip, 1 chunked wedge, 2 sliced irons, and 2 OB drives. All just abnormally bad shots from perfectly decent lies.

missed the green b y about 5 yards and now i need to pop one up over a slight rise onto the green. Maybe a 10 yard shot and let it run out.....when i got my ball out from under the bushes about 50 yards away after i bladed it into the brush, i calmly took the drop and almost bladder it to the cart.....not sure which was the worst....but they were both right up there:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Got about 35 yards away from the green after 2 on a par 4, instead of a good little hit onto or near the green I decided that I should just hit a line drive like 30 yards past the hole the other direction and proceeded to go from a likely bogey to a triple.

Had a great round going (still finished great) but step up to #17, a 170 yard par 3 with a decent breeze in my face. The wind had been putting a bit of a hurting on us all round, but I was determined to get a 6 iron there. I proceeded to swing out of my shoes and slice the crap out my shot right into the marsh 🤦‍♂️ There were other bad ones for sure, but the combination of terrible execution and decision making gives this one the not so great prize.

Had a great round going (still finished great) but step up to #17, a 170 yard par 3 with a decent breeze in my face. The wind had been putting a bit of a hurting on us all round, but I was determined to get a 6 iron there. I proceeded to swing out of my shoes and slice the crap out my shot right into the marsh 🤦‍♂️ There were other bad ones for sure, but the combination of terrible execution and decision making gives this one the not so great prize.

I always have a tough time deciding if it makes me more frustrated when I come up with a bad plan and execute it perfectly (leaving me in a bad position to score), or draw up a good plan and then proceed to screw it up. Probably the latter. Bad decision and bad execution takes the cake though. Kind of like when you decide to lay-up but then hit it into the trouble anyway with your “safe” club. :banghead:

I always have a tough time deciding if it makes me more frustrated when I come up with a bad plan and execute it perfectly (leaving me in a bad position to score), or draw up a good plan and then proceed to screw it up. Probably the latter. Bad decision and bad execution takes the cake though. Kind of like when you decide to lay-up but then hit it into the trouble anyway with your “safe” club. :banghead:
That right there is the single most irritating thing to me in golf. Yup, gonna make the smart play here and layup only to screw it up anyway lol.

I topped a couple drives to start my round.. fortunately I slowed it down after that but it was a tough way to start

Had a number of poor decisions and poor executions today resulting in penalties. Frustrating!

1st hole (also #1 stroke hole) bombed a drive over the corner of the dogleg right, leaving 140 in.
Tried to get cute and hit a rope hook approach to a back left pin and cold-shanked it OB instead.

#OOPS

Iron - Sh*** that led to head thoughts and ruined 3 holes of great drives... Worked on swing and path, all fixed

I hit a drive on #5 today that went a little right, and then a little more, and then I lost track. The immediate exchange after it landed went like so:

Did something break?

Me: I'm fine.

But, like.. the club?

Me: lol Nah, that was just...

Not good.

Me: Yeah. I didn't..

Do ANYTHING good.

:LOL::LOL:

Thanks buddy.(y)

I had a few very wayward drives tonight..

I've been playing this new course last 3 rounds and the first hole has really got me off to a bad start from tee box.
keep scoring a 6 with tight fairway and water on both sides.
This last round I hit a perfect drive, almost like I walked the ball on the fairway and placed it manually. long and perfect location for 2nd approach.

I was positive I'm walking out with a good score
I proceed to hit super slice only a gifted player like myself can create. I haven't hit a Iron shot like this in my life.
I challenged physics on this one with boomerang type flight.
I must of had club face open, no leg movement and alignment way off, a
trifecta of fun.
The good news is I didn't get a 6 but lucky #7 so.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Snuck out for 9 this morning. Worst shot was a pick'em. Either a chunked 54* wedge, or a shanked 8i. Fortunately those were about the only two truly terrible shots I hit lol.

Again with the irons off the tee. Approach shots are fine. Tee shots on mid length par 3's are just awful! Chunked one half way, bladed another over the green. :banghead:

Had a classic pull OB drive followed by slice hazard. Hitting 5 from the tee box on the next hole...

As usual mine was from a green side bunker and was a trio. First 2 were fat and didn’t get out and the third just barely got out. Flag was 30 yards away so no reason to not get out. Really frustrating since I have been working on green side bunker shots but just can’t seem to get it right.

Back