Worst shot of the round?

I was on fire and feeling good. Tried to Bryson a drive and sent it straight into the hill. Not a smart play :facepalm:

I was playing pretty solidly until my tee shot on the 10th hole. I hit one of the worst slices of hit in a long time. It was so bad that not only was in the creek, but also out of bounds. I think had it been hit straight (I know, big IF) it would have been close to the green (it is a short par 4) as it was absolutely hammered. Fortunately I knew why I slices it and didn't have that issue again.

Took too much club and flew the green on a par 3 Friday and ended up in a bunker. I had a green running fast downhill to water and didn't get enough spin on the ball as it ran across the green and into the water..

Easy: my 44 yard drive on 16.

You know that thread asking how often we step away? Yup, should have done that:mad:

Easy: my 44 yard drive on 16.

You know that thread asking how often we step away? Yup, should have done that:mad:
Outdrove you by a whopping 30 yards on my par 5 16th :LOL:. What was that you were saying about stepping away? I’m not sure I can be considered good company, but if so, you’re in good company!

I had several doozies are out of really firm bunkers, but I think the worst one had to be my tee shot on 18. I've been feeling really good with my driver, and have begun working on purposely shaping shots with it. From my range efforts I know that hitting a controlled, purposeful fade is still very much a work in progress as I struggle to close the club face enough when swinging out to in. Well I decided on 18 to give it a go anyway and sure enough ball started right down the middle of the fairway and sliced off into oblivion 🤦‍♂️

Saturday's was just odd. Caught a flier out of the rough which soared over the green, off a hill and onto another fairway 40 yards past the hole. I don't always hit an 8 iron 213 yards, but when I do, I make sure to do in front of 3 foursomes.

Sunday's was, well, pick a drive that I sliced into the woods.

I had five excellent 5 irons today between 203-227 yards, but the 6th and 7th were hooks OB after piping my drive on a par 5. Absolutely soul crushing.

went after a dogleg right off the tee...then proceeded to just completely oof it...after not having any issues off the tee all round.

went after a dogleg right off the tee...then proceeded to just completely oof it...after not having any issues off the tee all round.
I had a drivable par 4 do the same thing to me today. Just baffling.

I had a drivable par 4 do the same thing to me today. Just baffling.

yeah, i was kinda goaded into going after the dogleg...and it was easily doable but all things aligned to make it not happen in a spectacular display of...failness..the 4h to recover from it was 🚀, tho.

No shortage today but this one wins. Hit a 5i punch that hits tree and goes OB left. So mad I don't even aim and hit the same tree on the other side (circled) and kicked across the fairway and through the tree line. Lesson learned 🤦‍♂️
Screenshot_20210628-161727_Shot Scope.jpg

Worst shot of Sunday's round was a 54* wedge from 60 yards that only went 20 yards at a 45 degree angle from where I was aiming. :mad:

From Saturday, there are 3 or 4 candidates, but I'm going with a 100yd gap wedge after a perfect drive to the center of the fairway...that I proceeded to chunk 20 yards, which I then followed up with a too strong sand wedge over the green. :beat-up::beat-up:

I'd visit this thread after every round if it wasn't so hard to pick one.
Do i call the 2nd ball i dropped in the fairway of the first hole after a poor approach, thinking i can surely do better than that - only to shank it straight right into the woods?
Or one of the 3 balls i hooked left of the 2nd green?

Had me in a proper mood to walk off the course, but things turned around on the 3rd o_O

I tried to take on a corner and over-hooked the drive OB. The penalties were a round killer last night .

A tie between attempting to putt from 10ft off the green or putting 1ft off the green with the pin about 60ft away. Both cases I should have chipped on and it would have saved me 4 strokes combined

Maybe not a truly bad shot, but I must have picked up the trees behind the green with my range finder. I hit a 5i from 190 that sailed into the trees. I think the actual yardage was 160. Oops...

My worst shot of the round... I was in the woods, shanked the shot where it hit another tree and ended up where I had absolutely no escape. I took a FIA and threw it out onto the fairway. FIA comes in 1000 mg capsules and contains a word that the board censors.

topped my provisional at 7 right next to a tall bush today.
That wasn't the worst shot though.

So i backed my butt up into this bush, took a practice swing, just trying to get this ball out into the fairway of 9 so i can progress from there... feels alright?
I missed the ball. Completely. Not once but twice.
Picked up and prayed to find my first, some 120+m further down the hole near a penalty area. Which i did find, but had to take relief on.

This one is sort of funny, on a par 3, 135 yards, normally a perfect 9-iron shot. So I went with the 9 but hit it well over the green by about 30 yards? Turns how I pulled a 6-iron instead of the nine. Never hit a 6-iron better, and it ended up into the woods on the other side of the green. I guess at that point I was tired and didn't notice.

Without a doubt, the 2ft par putt I pulled left on the 18th yesterday..... :mad:

Found my drive after pushing it into trees. It was playable so to not waste an opportunity, I hit a 7i...directly into the woods again for a penalty. Wonderful.

Back