Worst shot of the round?

I was just going to upload the video of the swing and my reaction, but I haven't been able to upload a vid in a couple weeks successfully, from any device. Anyone else having trouble??

Screenshot_20200312-120253_Golfshot.jpg
I was trying to work the drive left, but the wind was in my head, and I crossed myself up to launch a spinner that ended up between a pond and the bathrooms, that my wife found on her way to pee. I was looking in the water trying to find it at the time. Mark on the wall looked like it actually hit the sh*thouse.

Worst shot in the last round was likely the sh@nk#d 4i off the par 3 tee. Lots of runners up. The 3wd I yanked left on my 2nd shot into a 550y par 5 to pin high and in the left hazard was probably a close 2nd.

Horribly topped driver shot last round.

a spectacularly chunked approach shot after a beautiful tee shot put me 70-80yds from the green

Down hill downwind par 3 today about 160. Should be a soft PW for me and I baby it, get way ahead and push a weak shot way right and short. Probably 30-40 yards from the pin which was back left. Worse part is they out all new sod down around the green as they put in a new bridge and you have to drop across a bunker on the left side of the green. From freaking St. Augustine! They was a dumb bogey.

2 chunked wedges yesterday. I hated the lies, and they got in my head. Need to be more committed on those shots.

18th hole from back tees, 1st time ever, longest par 4 on the course, driver is decent, 4 iron from 195 on downhill/ sidehill ends up pin high but behind 40' tall pine trees. I've got this! My SW has been bailing me out all day....NO, I skulled it across the green into more trees and end up with a double, so instead of shooting 80, it's 82

Screenshot_20200426-112948_Golfshot.jpg

20200426_112852.jpg

Oh, definitely this one. Crazy right to left wind quartering in, and I started a 6-iron at the right third of the green, but I spun it a bit with a little draw and it just took off left. Got up and down, but it was pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
I have a suspicion my worst shot will be with my new Driver on the 1st hole post Covid-19.
I bought a new Driver during the winter and haven't hit a ball yet.
Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 all driving ranges and golf courses have not opened yet.
We have a tee time for May 2nd if the gov't allows us to golf.

Well, gentlemen, I flubbed a chip today with the GW that went straight up and back down to where it was prior to the stroke. Yep, net 0 yards. Probably got lucky that it didn't go backward.

Off the top of my head, I'm gonna say the 70y SW, 4th shot on the par 5, 3rd hole. Caught it thin and that's never a good thing. I was ~45y away so the 70y shot was NOT what I was hoping for.

After a picture perfect bomb on #1, I pull hooked a 9i left of the green. Just ridiculous, considering there was 50 yards of green to the right.

20200428_171633.jpg

I mean, take your pick. It was a constant game of under/overcorrecting with that wind, and the result is this picture that I'm going to put on a wall somewhere.

View attachment 8940075

I mean, take your pick. It was a constant game of under/overcorrecting with that wind, and the result is this picture that I'm going to put on a wall somewhere.

Wow. Yeah, sometimes the wind is your friend and others, it just destroys you.

chunked 120 yd approach that went all of 50 yds :rolleyes:

chunked 120 yd approach that went all of 50 yds :rolleyes:

Been there, done that. Unfortunately, for me, on the next shot, when I'm trying to hit it 70 yards is when the 120 yard shot shows up.

Well, I did it yesterday. I haven't done it for a LONG time, but it happened again. I've flubbed chips that went a short distance and rolled back behind where I hit it. I've hit shots that hit trees and bounced backward. I've sh@nk!d shots. I've hit slices, and hooks, and topped shots galore. Yesterday, I whiffed. Cold whiffed. A swing and a miss. Complete failure. If it wasn't the 18th hole, I probably would have gone home right there. It was bad.

Usually a tee shot on 1 or somewhere between 12 and 17 never fails to rack up the strokes for me.

Bladed wedge. Little chip/pitch. I ended up a good 15 yards over the green from 25 yards on the other side. Those just take the wind out of my sails. Uphill lie but still, I know how to hit that shot. I just pushed in which forced me up and ka-pow. Bye ball. :poop:

Last weekend when I played I started par, bogey, birdie, par and was having a personal best round.. Then found the water twice on a hole due to poor course management and made a long putt for triple.. Two bad shots blew up a good score

Tee shot on the 16th right over the green and into the river. Distances still not down yet

I think the weird tracer distortion noise should drown out my swearing.

The pitch onto the green after taking an unplayable lie from a bush on a par 3 today. It was woefully short and led to a 3-putt triple bogey.

I had so many it is impossible to tell which one was the worst. I think I need to give some thought to why I played so poorly and figure out how to change that pattern.

Back